Guest viewing is limited

Titans Talk - Home for all things Tennessee Titans

I give the draft a C+ grade. First two rounds sucked but we got some steals on day 3.

Man.....the Titans filled two huge needs with two huge and talented players. I understand Latham has little to no experience at LT and that Sweat has some character and conditioning concerns. If these two picks pan out they're going to pay huge dividends in the long run. The offensive and defensive lines were terrible last season. The first two rounds shored up two desperate needs. The Titans filled 3 starting roles in this draft with a limited amount of selections early in the draft. This will amount to a successful draft if Latham, Sweat and Gray all pan out as starters.

After some time to process our picks, I am dissapointed in our draft approach. I can deal with a risk taker mentality, and I can deal with someone who plays it safe. I understand either approach. But what we did was kind of both and neither at the same time. We could have played it safe and picked at 7 and 38 and taken safe players, or we could have taken risks, traded down, and taken a few risks because we gained extra picks. But the Titans... no they have to play it safe at 7, but then choose a guy that probably would have been available at 15 who they then will have to move to a new position, and then stick at 38 again, but choose a guy that may not even be top 50 with character and conditioning concerns.

These guys may work out. Or they may not. But, the decision process we used this time will result in failure more often than not.

Well let's start with trading up for Dez, and not Amon St Brown

Yeah, that move along with a few others caused me to abandon the "the guys who do this for a living surely know more than I do about drafting players" camp. Maybe they do know more, but they are overthinking things and still getting it wrong just as often (if not more often) than I do with my limited research.

Last edited by a moderator:
Yeah, that move along with a few others caused me to abandon the "the guys who do this for a living surely know more than I do about drafting players" camp. Maybe they do know more, but they are overthinking things and still getting it wrong just as often (if not more often) than I do with my limited research.

Yup, I swear... these guys have every tape of each prospect that we never see (the panoramic angles, and over head shots) and they still shockingly F it up.

I’ll admit, know nothing of this show but apparently NFL teams passed on Spencer Rattler til the 5th round because of how he acted at 17yo back on this reality show.

even though he was pretty jerk like, 4years of college problem helped and I’ll probably root for him to bite all the QB needy teams in the a$$.

Did QB Spencer Rattler's draft stock plummet due to Netflix series?

this theory would also ignore every other player that NFL teams clearly showed they don’t care about “character issues” as long as the talent is there.

I’ll admit, know nothing of this show but apparently NFL teams passed on Spencer Rattler til the 5th round because of how he acted at 17yo back on this reality show.

even though he was pretty jerk like, 4years of college problem helped and I’ll probably root for him to bite all the QB needy teams in the a$$.

Did QB Spencer Rattler's draft stock plummet due to Netflix series?

this theory would also ignore every other player that NFL teams clearly showed they don’t care about “character issues” as long as the talent is there.
I’ll admit, I’ve hated that kid solely based on the way he was portrayed in that show. Hope he proves me wrong.

The media can be brutal sometimes, I doubt NFL evaluators make decisions based on a Netflix show, if they do that's sad.
Talk to his teammates, his coaches, watch film . article is right, lazy reporting.

Latest posts

Back