Guest viewing is limited

Titans Talk - Home for all things Tennessee Titans

Status
Not open for further replies.

archived

Prospect
LEGEND
Moola
The fan base was generally hyped for this pick. Expectations were sky high and to this point have not even been close to being met. J Rob traded the best WR this franchise has ever had for what essentially amounted to be Burks and that memory will be with the fan base for the foreseeable future, especially with AJ tearing it up.

Burks has major issues with drops, durability issues and a lack of production you expect to see out of a first round WR. I had high hopes for this season, especially with the signing of Hopkins making Burks the #2 and relieving him of the pressure to shoulder the load and develop. The offense has largely been stagnant this year, but even then the drops and missed time continue which have nothing to do with a bad OL or aging QB.

What point will Burks be considered a bust? An underwhelming sophomore campaign? Year three? Or year four if his 5th year option is declined?

Not sure many of us were “sky high” on this guy. We were all ticked about AJ and we’re hopeful he would be decent at best.

I've already considered him a bust. Dude is just soft and can't stay on the field.

Not productive on the field and stays injured is a major flag IMO.

At least he's a BEAST in camp.

So glad I didn't buy his jersey as I was about to based on camp hype.

Kenny Britt, Kendall Wright, and Corey Davis have all been better for us than Burks. As it stands now, Burks is the 4th best and most valuable WR on the team behind Hopkins, Moore, and NWI.

Kenny Britt, Kendall Wright, and Corey Davis have all been better for us than Burks. As it stands now, Burks is the 4th best and most valuable WR on the team behind Hopkins, Moore, and NWI.

At least Justin Hunter caught a game winning TD for us.

I really wanted to like Burks, but he just isn't built for this game. Wonder if his girlfriend will stick with him and his colorful eyes when he doesn't get the massive contract.

Everything about this pick has sucked.

The reason why we made the pick.

Asthma.

Showed up out of shape.

Injuries

Didn't do anything first year.

Hasn't done anything second year.

Injuries.

AJ brown still stunting on the NFL.

You will never make it make sense to me. We literally have never developed a homegrown receiver. We finally do and we dump him instead of paying him. Trash.

Asthma.

Showed up out of shape.

Injuries

Injuries.

You will never make it make sense to me. We literally have never developed a homegrown receiver. We finally do and we dump him instead of paying him. Trash.

… and the person responsible was fired. What now? Would you just cut Burks? Or would you do the smart thing and wait just a bit before you just throw him in the trash.

Durability is a huge issue. But if he is putting in the work and is a good teammate then he gets his shot. He is clearly not a malcontent.

I don’t understand the continued whining about the god damned AJ BRown issue. He is gone, Burks isn’t a better WR than AJ, he is not coming back, wasn’t getting $25 million per from the Titans. Let it go.

I think some people just like to complain and moan over things completely out of their control, then pass it off as “being real.”

The silver lining to trading AJ Brown for me was the fact that it's hard to give a giant contract to a guy that missed large chunks of the season. I didn't know if he was going to hold up.

Meanwhile his replacement can't stay on the field and I don't know if AJ Brown has missed a game in two years. Typical...

… and the person responsible was fired. What now? Would you just cut Burks? Or would you do the smart thing and wait just a bit before you just throw him in the trash.

Durability is a huge issue. But if he is putting in the work and is a good teammate then he gets his shot. He is clearly not a malcontent.

I don’t understand the continued whining about the god damned AJ BRown issue. He is gone, Burks isn’t a better WR than AJ, he is not coming back, wasn’t getting $25 million per from the Titans. Let it go.
The thread is discussing treylon Burks. If you're not ok with him being compared to the player he was drafted to replace maybe you should sit this one out?

Asthma.

Showed up out of shape.

Injuries

Injuries.

I missed if you mentioned injuries?

The thread is discussing treylon Burks. If you're not ok with him being compared to the player he was drafted to replace maybe you should sit this one out?

I am voicing my opinion on stated topic. Can you only be involved in a discussion if you agree with the temper tantrums or bad takes. If you can take a little push back maybe YOU should sit this one out.

I’m asking all you experienced GMs, Personnel experts and scouts what your plan with him is? Or is it just to cry about it? Should the Titans just cut him ? He wasn’t drafted to “ replace” AJ Brown. He was drafted to play WR for the Titans. AJ is gone. We broke up with her. She is happy and with someone else and doing well. Let her go. Burks hasn’t lived up to AJ stats. But he isn’t AJ. He hasn’t lived up to his draft position. So what’s the remedy. Like I said, the guy responsible got fired.

I just don’t think Burks has done anything to warrant a starting role on the team. Perhaps if he rode the pine behind a pair or professionals like NWI and Moore for a bit, he’d develop into something great. Right now our offense clearly looks better with Hopkins, Moore and NWI out there.

I am voicing my opinion on stated topic. Can you only be involved in a discussion if you agree with the temper tantrums or bad takes. If you can take a little push back maybe YOU should sit this one out.

I’m asking all you experienced GMs, Personnel experts and scouts what your plan with him is? Or is it just to cry about it? Should the Titans just cut him ? He wasn’t drafted to “ replace” AJ Brown. He was drafted to play WR for the Titans. AJ is gone. We broke up with her. She is happy and with someone else and doing well. Let her go. Burks hasn’t lived up to AJ stats. But he isn’t AJ. He hasn’t lived up to his draft position. So what’s the remedy. Like I said, the guy responsible got fired.
He WAS drafted to replace AJB. He hasn’t come close even when on the field. Which he is regularly unavailable. Yes- JRob fired for the stupid decision to kit pay AJB. Colosssl insane stupidity- JRob flexing on AJB and he pulled a muscle doing it. And he got fired by AAS for it.

But moving on isn’t tgat easy for long time suffering Titan fans. AJB lighting up for another team - didn’t even finish his rookie contract here. And Burks STILL is on the team but unavailable. Fans have every right to bitch and groan about it until Burks dies something - hell anything worth what the Titans invested in him. We chose him over rebuilding the OL with that #18 pick.

So a little salt thrown his and the Titans way is well deserved.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back