Guest viewing is limited

Titans Talk - Home for all things Tennessee Titans

Status
Not open for further replies.
He literally only has 2 drops. Only had 3 last season. I’m not sure where the drop thing is coming from. Attacking his durability sure I get it. But he doesn’t have a hands issue or he is out there dropping everything throw to him. AJ Brown dropped passes. DHop just missed a TD pass yesterday he should have caught. Burks has great hands. He actually has above average hand size. If he can stay on the field he will be just fine.

Burks has 6 catches and 3 drops on the year.

Never mind that his 7 missed games is mostly the complaint.
He’s avg 3-4 catches per game for appx 47 yards. He has 1 career TD.

and the Dobbs games don’t seem to factor much. He had 4 catches in both of those, tied for his 2nd highest game (4x).

this is pretty awful production for any 1st round pick, certainly when expected to be the AJ Brown replacement.

Watching him play, he just doesn't look the part of a dominate #1 receiver. Sure he's made a couple of nice grabs here and there... but he's inconsistent and often injured. We have a small sample size because he can't stay on the field. When he is, he doesn't make a lot of noise.

Feel like Burks isn’t going to “breakout” until year 4 and we’re going to have no idea whether to extend him or not.

and the Dobbs games don’t seem to factor much. He had 4 catches in both of those, tied for his 2nd highest game (4x).

this is pretty awful production for any 1st round pick, certainly when expected to be the AJ Brown replacement.

And that TD was a fumble recovery.

Oh yeah, the TD was he got blasted in Philly and was out for the rest of the game.

Burks has 6 catches and 3 drops on the year.

2 drops.

Again… it’s the your expectations tied to AJB production which is bullshit. The Titans didn’t announce this pick saying he will replace AJBs stats. Some of you expect that. He didn’t draft himself. The Titans drafted him in the 1st.

His production is based on 2 things. The offense he has played in and his availability. Availability is a problem and has to change or he will be a bust. The offense he plays in isn’t his fault. If he played for a passing team his stats would be better, a lot. Even with his injuries. There is no way you can dispute this.

Like I’ve said before. This is on JRob. He was fired for it. But you experts keep blaming it on Burks.

2 drops.

Again… it’s the your expectations tied to AJB production which is bull****. The Titans didn’t announce this pick saying he will replace AJBs stats. Some of you expect that. He didn’t draft himself. The Titans drafted him in the 1st.

His production is based on 2 things. The offense he has played in and his availability. Availability is a problem and has to change or he will be a bust. The offense he plays in isn’t his fault. If he played for a passing team his stats would be better, a lot. Even with his injuries. There is no way you can dispute this.

Like I’ve said before. This is on JRob. He was fired for it. But you experts keep blaming it on Burks.
Kinda sounds like you are saying Burks sucks and is a bust, it just isnt his fault, it is JRobs fault.... I do agree with the first part, Burks does suck so far. Maybe one day he will rise up and not suck, but as of today, he has been a constant suck since he was drafted.

2 drops.

Again… it’s the your expectations tied to AJB production which is bull****. The Titans didn’t announce this pick saying he will replace AJBs stats. Some of you expect that. He didn’t draft himself. The Titans drafted him in the 1st.

So if Burks isn’t “to blame” for his sub-par availability and performance, who is?

and you’re just flat out wrong. Burks WAS drafted to replace AJB. We chose WR over more pressing OL need because of the egg on JRob’s face. AJB got paid his worth. WE should’ve paid him. He’s been to tge Super Bowl, scored a TD there and been doing well for the team that paid him.

Meanwhile back at home we have Mr. Unavailable.

2 drops.

No, my expectations are based on any 1st round pick.
Burks is near the bottom of each of the WR 1st round picks the last 3 years.
And even if not directly compared to Brown, Brown was still in the same offense and managed to produce something, why can’t Burks?
Has Burks done anything positive enough to really argue he hasn’t been a bust to this point? Feel free to list that.

No, my expectations are based on any 1st round pick.
Burks is near the bottom of each of the WR 1st round picks the last 3 years.
And even if not directly compared to Brown, Brown was still in the same offense and managed to produce something, why can’t Burks?
Has Burks done anything positive enough to really argue he hasn’t been a bust to this point? Feel free to list that.

Because Burks isn’t AJB. That’s my point. I think he will be fine, but he probably isnt going to be a superstar. Your expectations are unrealistic. Again.. that’s my point. I don’t disagree with any of you about his lack of availability being a problem. But expecting him to be AJB is not realistic. .

So if Burks isn’t “to blame” for his sub-par availability and performance, who is?

and you’re just flat out wrong. Burks WAS drafted to replace AJB. We chose WR over more pressing OL need because of the egg on JRob’s face. AJB got paid his worth. WE should’ve paid him. He’s been to tge Super Bowl, scored a TD there and been doing well for the team that paid him.

Meanwhile back at home we have Mr. Unavailable.

He went to a SB because the Eagles had cap room with a talented QB in a rookie contract. Had they paid Hurts first AJB never gets that deal. He won’t get another. AJB didn’t want to wait. He is a diva and didn’t want to be here anymore. Paying a WR 25 million per for 65 receptions a year in this Henry heavy offense was not going to happen. JRob mismanaged the cap and personnel.

He went to a SB because the Eagles had cap room with a talented QB in a rookie contract. Had they paid Hurts first AJB never gets that deal. He won’t get another. AJB didn’t want to wait. He is a diva and didn’t want to be here anymore. Paying a WR 25 million per for 65 receptions a year in this Henry heavy offense was not going to happen. JRob mismanaged the cap and personnel.
And he scored in a SB.
And you’re still wrong. Burks WAS drafted to replace AJB.

and least you agree JRob effed up. But make no more mistake - we COULD have paid him. He just went where he was worth. He stated he wanted to stay here.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back