Guest viewing is limited

Titans Talk - Home for all things Tennessee Titans

Status
Not open for further replies.
I am voicing my opinion on stated topic. Can you only be involved in a discussion if you agree with the temper tantrums or bad takes. If you can take a little push back maybe YOU should sit this one out.

I’m asking all you experienced GMs, Personnel experts and scouts what your plan with him is? Or is it just to cry about it? Should the Titans just cut him ? He wasn’t drafted to “ replace” AJ Brown. He was drafted to play WR for the Titans. AJ is gone. We broke up with her. She is happy and with someone else and doing well. Let her go. Burks hasn’t lived up to AJ stats. But he isn’t AJ. He hasn’t lived up to his draft position. So what’s the remedy. Like I said, the guy responsible got fired.
You're literally the one who had a tantrum because I brought up the guy Burks was supposed to replace.....in a thread about Burks.

No one is saying cut him, you're just putting words in others mouths.

He wasn't drafted to replace aj? Excuse me? We used the pick we got from AJ to draft the same position and that's not supposed to be a replacement?

Sit this one out little man, you're not making any sense.

You're literally the one who had a tantrum because I brought up the guy Burks was supposed to replace.....in a thread about Burks.

No one is saying cut him, you're just putting words in others mouths.

He wasn't drafted to replace aj? Excuse me? We used the pick we got from AJ to draft the same position and that's not supposed to be a replacement?

Sit this one out little man, you're not making any sense.

Wow…little man? LOL. Why make it personal? That’s makes you little. No tantrum at all. Stating an opinion. You want to sound like idiots crying about AJ Brown 2 years later then I will leave you to it.

I am voicing my opinion on stated topic. Can you only be involved in a discussion if you agree with the temper tantrums or bad takes. If you can take a little push back maybe YOU should sit this one out.

I’m asking all you experienced GMs, Personnel experts and scouts what your plan with him is? Or is it just to cry about it? Should the Titans just cut him ? He wasn’t drafted to “ replace” AJ Brown. He was drafted to play WR for the Titans. AJ is gone. We broke up with her. She is happy and with someone else and doing well. Let her go. Burks hasn’t lived up to AJ stats. But he isn’t AJ. He hasn’t lived up to his draft position. So what’s the remedy. Like I said, the guy responsible got fired.
The whole "gms experts blah blah blah" is such a stupid argument, especially when so often you should be asking "how the hell do these gm's personnel experts, scouts, etc. not see what thousands of fans have been saying over and over again since the beginning?" that is the real question...Believe it or not, it is proven almost yearly, there are a lot of bad coaches in sports. For some reason, especially in the pro leagues, even bad coaches just get recycled. Once you get into the league, it seems hard to get out. You just go to a different team with a different title. How the hell do you really explain how someone can be an NFL level o-line coach on one team, then be a DB assistant on another team, then be a RB coach on the next team... at know all those positions so thoroughly that they should be in that position?

Is he though? He has nearly as many drops as receptions.

He literally only has 2 drops. Only had 3 last season. I’m not sure where the drop thing is coming from. Attacking his durability sure I get it. But he doesn’t have a hands issue or he is out there dropping everything throw to him. AJ Brown dropped passes. DHop just missed a TD pass yesterday he should have caught. Burks has great hands. He actually has above average hand size. If he can stay on the field he will be just fine.

He literally only has 2 drops. Only had 3 last season. I’m not sure where the drop thing is coming from. Attacking his durability sure I get it. But he doesn’t have a hands issue or he is out there dropping everything throw to him. AJ Brown dropped passes. DHop just missed a TD pass yesterday he should have caught. Burks has great hands. He actually has above average hand size. If he can stay on the field he will be just fine.
He has 39 catches.....total.....5 drops. 12% drop rate. That's awful.

Whose stats are those? …. Ah Burks career stats. Even with your Burks hate you would have to admit a small sample size right?
A small sample size because he's never played lol. This far into AJs career we knew what we had along with most good receivers. How many receivers have started this poorly and become something? I'll wait.

A small sample size because he's never played lol. This far into AJs career we knew what we had along with most good receivers. How many receivers have started this poorly and become something? I'll wait.

How many WRs started their careers on an overly run first run dominant team with QB issues and Todd Downing as OC. As many of you have stated AJ Brown as the best WR this team has ever had. The most catches he ever had in a season was 70. Burks had half that without playing but 11 games. Had Dobbs at QB the last 2 games of the year. I think you should do yourself a favor and give him the benefit of the doubt a little longer. If he can’t stay on the field I’ll call him a bust. But don’t act like he has been in WR heaven and blown his chance or doesn’t have any skills or talent. The kid can be good. He hasn’t really started that poorly. You are still comparing him to AJB.

trouble-in.gif

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back