Guest viewing is limited

Titans Talk - Home for all things Tennessee Titans

Status
Not open for further replies.
And he scored in a SB.
And you’re still wrong. Burks WAS drafted to replace AJB.

and least you agree JRob effed up. But make no more mistake - we COULD have paid him. He just went where he was worth. He stated he wanted to stay here.

We hit the clock as soon as news of the AJB trade hit, and I knew right then the pick would be Burks, to compensate for what we had just traded away. Pretty sure we all did if I recall correctly.

Because Burks isn’t AJB. That’s my point. I think he will be fine, but he probably isnt going to be a superstar. Your expectations are unrealistic. Again.. that’s my point. I don’t disagree with any of you about his lack of availability being a problem. But expecting him to be AJB is not realistic. .
Let’s look at it from this perspective, again, NOT expecting him to be AJB, you keep saying that, I keep saying he’s not performing to a 1st round WR period.

2022 first rd WR
Drake London, Garrett Wilson, Chris Olave, Japan Dotson.
Burks outperformed Jameson Williams

2021 First rd WR
Chase, Waddle, Devonta Smith,
Outperformed Kadarius Toney and about equal to Rashod Bateman

2020 First rd WR
jeudy, lamb, Jefferson, Aiyuk
Appx equal to Ruggs,
Outperformed Jalen Reagor

2019 first rd WR
Marquise Brown
Outperformed Nkeal Harry

2018 first rd WR
DJ Moore, Ridley

In the last 5 years of 1st round WR, Burks is near the bottom outperforming 4, appx equal to 2 more but hands down outperformed by 14.
That’s where Burks should be compared and he doesn’t match up well.

And he scored in a SB.
And you’re still wrong. Burks WAS drafted to replace AJB.

and least you agree JRob effed up. But make no more mistake - we COULD have paid him. He just went where he was worth. He stated he wanted to stay here.

Burks was drafted to play WR for this team. No one, not you or anyone knew whether he could replace AJBs stats. If you thought that then that’s delusional. AJB is a top 5 WR in the NFL. No one thought rookie Treylon Burks would come in and just produce at that level. Please tell me you know that.

Of course the Titans could have moved money and paid him. But this teams window was closing and they needed to get younger and cheaper at the skill positions. AJB was a casualty of a GM who let it get away from him. Even with AJB this team isn’t winning a SB. AJB doesn’t move the needle that much. If Burks is healthy and produces 75% of AJBs stats it’s a win. If he is healthy. If he can’t stay on the field then he is a bust. But he has talent and has played well when targeted.

Let’s look at it from this perspective, again, NOT expecting him to be AJB, you keep saying that, I keep saying he’s not performing to a 1st round WR period.

2022 first rd WR
Drake London, Garrett Wilson, Chris Olave, Japan Dotson.
Burks outperformed Jameson Williams

2021 First rd WR
Chase, Waddle, Devonta Smith,
Outperformed Kadarius Toney and about equal to Rashod Bateman

2020 First rd WR
jeudy, lamb, Jefferson, Aiyuk
Appx equal to Ruggs,
Outperformed Jalen Reagor

2019 first rd WR
Marquise Brown
Outperformed Nkeal Harry

2018 first rd WR
DJ Moore, Ridley

In the last 5 years of 1st round WR, Burks is near the bottom outperforming 4, appx equal to 2 more but hands down outperformed by 14.
That’s where Burks should be compared and he doesn’t match up well.

I’m not disputing he hasn’t preformed up to 1st round standards. No where do I say that. I’m saying he isn’t a bust yet and it’s unfair to keep comparing him to AJB.

We hit the clock as soon as news of the AJB trade hit, and I knew right then the pick would be Burks, to compensate for what we had just traded away. Pretty sure we all did if I recall correctly.

Yup almost felt like the Eagles picked Burks and quickly shipped him over to us.

I was stunned that the trade happened because I didn't think it would, and also angered that we didn't get anything for him. Now with Burks looking like a bust, the trade looks worser by the day.

Burks was a monster at Arkansas and I really wanted his game to translate to the NFL (still early, so it still might) but his availability is the main concern here.

Yup almost felt like the Eagles picked Burks and quickly shipped him over to us.

I was stunned that the trade happened because I didn't think it would, and also angered that we didn't get anything for him. Now with Burks looking like a bust, the trade looks worser by the day.

Burks was a monster at Arkansas and I really wanted his game to translate to the NFL (still early, so it still might) but his availability is the main concern here.

Exactly.

I’m not disputing he hasn’t preformed up to 1st round standards. No where do I say that. I’m saying he isn’t a bust yet and it’s unfair to keep comparing him to AJB.
Uhh you said he wasn’t picked to replace AJB. He was. Indisputable.

“Unfair” to compare BURKS to AJB? Nope we can def compare his production because he was picked to replace AJB. Over other glaring needs.

If Burks could stay healthy, matching AJ's stats while here shouldn't be too much to ask...matching AJ's Philly's stats is a bit much for his 2nd year

So yes Burks was drafted to replace AJ

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back