Guest viewing is limited

Titans Talk - Home for all things Tennessee Titans

Status
Not open for further replies.
So if Burks isn’t “to blame” for his sub-par availability and performance, who is?

and you’re just flat out wrong. Burks WAS drafted to replace AJB. We chose WR over more pressing OL need because of the egg on JRob’s face. AJB got paid his worth. WE should’ve paid him. He’s been to tge Super Bowl, scored a TD there and been doing well for the team that paid him.

Meanwhile back at home we have Mr. Unavailable.
While I generally agree with what you're saying, I do believe part of the reason JR didn't wanna give him the bag was because he was having his own availability issues and I was worried about his knee(s) long term. Clearly he's shown it's not an issue, but still.

While I generally agree with what you're saying, I do believe part of the reason JR didn't wanna give him the bag was because he was having his own availability issues and I was worried about his knee(s) long term. Clearly he's shown it's not an issue, but still.
It should not have been an issue here as well. The proof is in the pudding. Every player we have misses time.. When they leave here they go to other teams and then play every single snap of every single game on both sides of the ball... It should raise some questions. But then you have something like the Levis thing...

"I felt really bad about needing to miss time, but then Coach Vrabel came and talked to me and I felt so much better about missing time." yeah, thanks coach. way to talk your players into enjoying taking time off.

Can anyone figure out the media drooling over Brock Purdy?
He’s got 1 of the best defenses league-wide and current front runner for RB in CMC, then puts up pedestrian, safe, QB play.

81/112 1019 yds, 5/0

before anyone compares to THill, that’s clearly not what I’m talking about. There are media outlets fawning over this guy like he’s on the same level as real QBs like Mahomes, Allen, or a handful of other preferred QB.

I only see a guy that proves the point, you don’t need a really good QB to win, just a D and a QB that doesn’t turn the ball over.

He’s got 1 of the best defenses league-wide and current front runner for RB in CMC, then puts up pedestrian, safe, QB play.

81/112 1019 yds, 5/0

before anyone compares to THill, that’s clearly not what I’m talking about. There are media outlets fawning over this guy like he’s on the same level as real QBs like Mahomes, Allen, or a handful of other preferred QB.

I only see a guy that proves the point, you don’t need a really good QB to win, just a D and a QB that doesn’t turn the ball over.
I think when Mr. Irrelevant consistently performs like that, it is cause for celebration. I doubt the media is actually putting him on the same level as Mahomes, but it’s pretty stinking impressive regardless.

I think when Mr. Irrelevant consistently performs like that, it is cause for celebration. I doubt the media is actually putting him on the same level as Mahomes, but it’s pretty stinking impressive regardless.

Isn't he undefeated in non-playoff games? Or was that just at home...?

81/112 1019 yds, 5/0

Watching Purdy play, he looks like the real deal. It's impressive that the last pick in the draft came in and stole the starting job from 2 first round QBs.

He injured his elbow but came back playing just as well as he was before the injury.

I mean, why wouldn't the media be all over the story of Mr Irrelevant playing well as a starting QB? Not like that happens often.

Kinda sounds like you are saying Burks sucks and is a bust, it just isnt his fault, it is JRobs fault.... I do agree with the first part, Burks does suck so far. Maybe one day he will rise up and not suck, but as of today, he has been a constant suck since he was drafted.

If your expectations for him are AJB or even 1st round stats, then I agree. He hasn’t lived up. But to say he is a bust and won’t ever be good is dead wrong. Saying he is a bust assumes it’s done, no chance. In my definition., He has been a disappointment to me in his availability. But you can’t deny he has shown above average flashes of potential. Using his drops are silly. He just doesn’t have that many. He hasn’t been constant suck. Last year was an offensive cluster for this team. AJBs best years were with Arthur Smith. Burks got Downing.

Watching Purdy play, he looks like the real deal. It's impressive that the last pick in the draft came in and stole the starting job from 2 first round QBs.

He injured his elbow but came back playing just as well as he was before the injury.

I mean, why wouldn't the media be all over the story of Mr Irrelevant playing well as a starting QB? Not like that happens often.
I did forget he was Mr irrelevant but it’s not like he’s really doing all that much. Beating out potential all time bust Trey Lance isn’t impressive, forcing overpriced Jimmy G out is a bit more impressive.

again, 250 and 1 TD per game is very mediocre. His 0 INTs is what teams need.
I also think the media is for sure playing him up to be more than he is. Sort of remember a similar time with Gardner Minshew until Jags drafted their Goat.

I did forget he was Mr irrelevant but it’s not like he’s really doing all that much. Beating out potential all time bust Trey Lance isn’t impressive, forcing overpriced Jimmy G out is a bit more impressive.

again, 250 and 1 TD per game is very mediocre. His 0 INTs is what teams need.
I also think the media is for sure playing him up to be more than he is. Sort of remember a similar time with Gardner Minshew until Jags drafted their Goat.

I guess if you think a QB has to throw for 500 yards and 4 TDs a game to be above average... sure, his stats haven't been eye popping...but they haven't had to be either.

Sometimes the best thing a young QB can do is not lose games for their team and he's been good at that. For me personally, I think he passes the eye test and I root for him as Mr Irrelevant making a name for himself.

Yes, the media is going to make a lot of fuss about a story like that. Just like they make a lot of fuss about bad games from big name QBs. Just part of it.

The fan base was generally hyped for this pick. Expectations were sky high and to this point have not even been close to being met. J Rob traded the best WR this franchise has ever had for what essentially amounted to be Burks and that memory will be with the fan base for the foreseeable future, especially with AJ tearing it up.

Burks has major issues with drops, durability issues and a lack of production you expect to see out of a first round WR. I had high hopes for this season, especially with the signing of Hopkins making Burks the #2 and relieving him of the pressure to shoulder the load and develop. The offense has largely been stagnant this year, but even then the drops and missed time continue which have nothing to do with a bad OL or aging QB.

What point will Burks be considered a bust? An underwhelming sophomore campaign? Year three? Or year four if his 5th year option is declined?

I was not hyped at all. In fact, I got on here like 9 hours before the draft, and said I have a very, very bad feeling that we are going to take Treylon Burks...... and behold.

He is a bust. For the player we gave up to move up, he is most definitely a bust.

Dude averages about 4 receptions before he falls into another injury. It bugs me when i see people OOOH and AHHH all over AtoZ highlights of him running foot drills or routes against no one in training camp............... each video i'm thinking yup, let him play 20 meaningful NFL snaps, and he's gonna find an injury.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back