Guest viewing is limited

Titans Talk - Home for all things Tennessee Titans

Status
Not open for further replies.
JRob deserves his share of the blame but I'm sure he had input from scouts, coaches, owners? Ultimately he signed off on the picks and FA signings but it shouldn't fall completely on him.
4-15 since JRob indicates there's still issues, I don't buy it was all the GM
You would have to be a complete moron to think it is all JRob's fault and you arent a complete moron. All the ST players and ex-Texans are 100% Vrabel and if Vrabel had enough control to get JRob to sign all of those players, he had some control.

You would have to be a complete moron to think it is all JRob's fault and you arent a complete moron. All the ST players and ex-Texans are 100% Vrabel and if Vrabel had enough control to get JRob to sign all of those players, he had some control.
You can see Vrabel’s influence in a lot of JRob’s decisions. Any competent GM is going to get as much insider info as possible and there’s none “better” than from a guy who coached a player or faced him on practice field every day.

If you browsed Twitter after the draft you would've thought Colton Dowell was gonna be the next big thing according to some Titans fans and that he was an absolute steal. I was berated for mentioning that expectations shouldn't be very high because he was very similar to Racey McMath, except the difference in competition the two faced was significant. For a really big deal he hasn't managed to log a single reception on the year in a craptacular receiving core.

If you browsed Twitter after the draft you would've thought Colton Dowell was gonna be the next big thing according to some Titans fans and that he was an absolute steal. I was berated for mentioning that expectations shouldn't be very high because he was very similar to Racey McMath, except the difference in competition the two faced was significant. For a really big deal he hasn't managed to log a single reception on the year in a craptacular receiving core.
titans have drafted all kinds of steals over the past couple years.
Who we stole them from is still a mystery but I am told one person’s trash….

The fan base was generally hyped for this pick. Expectations were sky high and to this point have not even been close to being met. J Rob traded the best WR this franchise has ever had for what essentially amounted to be Burks and that memory will be with the fan base for the foreseeable future, especially with AJ tearing it up.

Burks has major issues with drops, durability issues and a lack of production you expect to see out of a first round WR. I had high hopes for this season, especially with the signing of Hopkins making Burks the #2 and relieving him of the pressure to shoulder the load and develop. The offense has largely been stagnant this year, but even then the drops and missed time continue which have nothing to do with a bad OL or aging QB.

What point will Burks be considered a bust? An underwhelming sophomore campaign? Year three? Or year four if his 5th year option is declined?

I'm not confident. looking at how WRs develop these days I do not see any big improvement on the horizon. You either get separation or you do not.

To be less productive in your 2nd year is a bad sign. He did not come from some real small school where he was behind to begin with. He has had the opportunity to play and has not delivered.

I read that Corey Davis is retiring. He was the god of WRs by comparison.

Let's be honest. Any run of the mill guy can give you 600 yards if he is getting enough reps.

Top 5 pick well spent.

IIRC, this was the pick we pushed in at the last second 'cause "Trader-Jon" couldn't get a deal done to trade this pick. I remember the camera in our room caught people yelling at each other and either JRob or somebody else through their hands up in the air in disgust. Somebody correct me if that's wrong.

IIRC, this was the pick we pushed in at the last second 'cause "Trader-Jon" couldn't get a deal done to trade this pick. I remember the camera in our room caught people yelling at each other and either JRob or somebody else through their hands up in the air in disgust. Somebody correct me if that's wrong.
I don’t recall those details but I do recall lots and lots of clamoring for a WR, then support for the pick.
I wanted Lattimore or Humphrey. I suppose JRob did address CB with Adoree Jackson, who would probably be a decent guy if still in TN considering the current secondary and PR situation.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back