Guest viewing is limited

Titans Talk - Home for all things Tennessee Titans

Status
Not open for further replies.
Did they change the original schedule? Because I heard they were leaving after practice on Thursday.

I know that most people travel over to London at night, but I think traveling during the day and getting into London at like 10pm is the best way to avoid jet lag. You are tired from traveling and just go to bed once you get to the hotel. Use the time on the plane to go over game plane stuff with team instead of having guys try to sleep on the plane on the over night flight which is never comfortable.
Sadly that’s not how your bodys internal clock works. It tracks 24 hours for sleep/wake pattern no matter if you go to bed later or rise earlier on a given day.
General rule of thumb is it takes 1 day per timezone to adjust.
And sleeping meds are not really helpful as they don’t give “quality” sleep where the brain goes through its cycles to clean up.
Of course depending on the schedule (eg evening training sessions) and availability of blackout curtains the team might not need to adjust to GMT at all.

The Bills tried the "get in and out" approach last week and slept-walked through their game. Heck the Titans did it in 2018 and Vrabel said the game went well, we just didn't win. Meanwhile the Ravens left on Monday. This franchise seems unserious about winning.

No, see the food sucks over there. So by leaving Friday the brown bag sack lunches won’t go bad before Sunday. Plus, it limits the time the players can be distracted chasing all that super hot British tail.

Now ya see this is how the winners get it done.

Sadly that’s not how your bodys internal clock works. It tracks 24 hours for sleep/wake pattern no matter if you go to bed later or rise earlier on a given day.
General rule of thumb is it takes 1 day per timezone to adjust.
And sleeping meds are not really helpful as they don’t give “quality” sleep where the brain goes through its cycles to clean up.
Of course depending on the schedule (eg evening training sessions) and availability of blackout curtains the team might not need to adjust to GMT at all.

All I know is that I've flown the overnight flight several times and I have certainly had jet lag. When I did the day flight that got into Heathrow at 10:30pm then I had minimal jet lag... I'm flying overnight on Thursday and know it will be a struggle to stay up till late Friday night.

I used to fly back and forth to Asia twice a year for about 5 years. With trains on the Asia end and connections to Nashville, it would be a 24-26 hour travel day. The #1 rule is always schedule for an evening arrival. No matter what, your body will be ready to lay down and sleep when you finally arrive.

Coming off an awful loss to the damn Colts, a super early game in London on a neutral field with fans from all 32 teams and a BYE week next Sunday.

Can't remember such a miserable 3 game stretch in a while.

cant remember all the way back to the last 7 games of 2022

Oh yeah I do. Maybe I should have said uninspired 3 week stretch instead.

I'm just salty over this specific game being in London instead of Nashville. Of all games they selected this one. This is a game I really wanted to watch in person, as I haven't had a chance to watch the Ravens against us in Nashville yet.

Oh yeah I do. Maybe I should have said uninspired 3 week stretch instead.

I'm just salty over this specific game being in London instead of Nashville. Of all games they selected this one. This is a game I really wanted to watch in person, as I haven't had a chance to watch the Ravens against us in Nashville yet.
Trust me, this is a blessing in disguise.

I'd be mad as a mofo if I paid to fly overseas for this upcoming sh-- show, no doubt.

It wouldn't be much better getting our butts handed to us in our own house, tho.

Just sayin

Get after Jackson... hopefully our D has a better game.

Ravens have wins against Houston, Cincy and Cleveland

They've lost against Indy and Pitt

Ravens don't worry me, the Titans do

So been getting a lot of Titan Up! Over here. Just from walking around the Titans fans are outnumbering the Ravens fans by about 10:1.

Also, the wife and I rode the London Eye with Corey Levin and Daniel Brunskill and their families. Was really cool. I didn’t want to bother them too much but I was wearing a Titans shirt. Then my wife spoke with Corey’s wife and they asked if we wanted pictures.

So been getting a lot of Titan Up! Over here. Just from walking around the Titans fans are outnumbering the Ravens fans by about 10:1.

Also, the wife and I rode the London Eye with Corey Levin and Daniel Brunskill and their families. Was really cool. I didn’t want to bother them too much but I was wearing a Titans shirt. Then my wife spoke with Corey’s wife and they asked if we wanted pictures.

10:1? Yikes.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back