Guest viewing is limited

Titans Talk - Home for all things Tennessee Titans

Status
Not open for further replies.

archived

Prospect
LEGEND
Moola
Profootballtalk is reporting that Young scored a 6 on his wonderlic. Again, that's a six. Out of fifty. Or to put it another way, dumb as a brick.

If this is the case there is no way you draft him in the first round at all. How are you supposed to train a "project" when he can't even read "Dick and Jane" books.

If he really got a 6...

....on his Wonderlic test, do you still want Vince Young?

:hmm:

That's a 6 out of 50!!!!

:ha: :ha: :ha:

(I will admit this is something I read as a "rumor"...I don't know if it's true...but the question remains the same: If it's true, do you still want him?)

sure as long as he gets a 6 on sundays. How has Mannings wonderlick score worked out for the dolts? yep exactly.

Michael Irving is a total idiot, and he is sporting 3 rings. Rothesberglaheer probably did not have to turn down any Rhode Scholarships to go into the NFL and he has a ring.

I'll take a football player ahead of a stat geek any day.

he'll still go top 10 at worst..because he doesn't have to read "Dick and Jane" books on the field. Just know where not to throw the ball.

So if we draft him, Tagliabue can say: "With the 3rd pick in the draft, the Tennessee Titans select Vince Young, Water Distribution Engineer, University of Texas."

You can do it!
water.gif

I was thinking the same thing Kami, as I was reading GoT's post. The question is what did Leinart and Cutler score for comparisons sake?

You'd think he'd take a pre-wonderlic to determine if he should even take the wonderlic. But then again, you see the word wonderlic, and you gotta think that is something worth looking into. I don't understand why anyone in his position would take it if they knew they were not that bright. Dexter Manley here we come. This is where a good agent lies his rear off and people believe him.

If true he will retest that is a given.

If this is an issue where was his agent, who is supposed to have his best interests looked after? If this is an issue his agent should have had him taking wonderlicks 4 times a day just to get him familiar with the test. Any idiot should be able to get into double digits just by being familiar with the test. It progresses failrly rapidly from really really simple to multi variable situations. Getting above 30 is impressive and those guys who get 40+ are test taking wonders. Aren't kickers known for scoring high on that test.

All that aside I do agree that it would be a bit disconcerning to have a QB with the mental capacity of a below average DT.

Starkiller said:
So if we draft him, Tagliabue can say: "With the 3rd pick in the draft, the Tennessee Titans select Vince Young, Water Distribution Engineer, University of Texas."

You can do it!
water.gif

One of the funniest draft day things I can remember was on the post draft wrapup Berman narrated a montage about how come all the NFL ignored Bobby Bouchet (or however it is spelled) that bit was hilarious.

GoT said:
If true he will retest that is a given.

If this is an issue where was his agent, who is supposed to have his best interests looked after? If this is an issue his agent should have had him taking wonderlicks 4 times a day just to get him familiar with the test. Any idiot should be able to get into double digits just by being familiar with the test. It progresses failrly rapidly from really really simple to multi variable situations. Getting above 30 is impressive and those guys who get 40+ are test taking wonders. Aren't kickers known for scoring high on that test.

All that aside I do agree that it would be a bit disconcerning to have a QB with the mental capacity of a below average DT.

I don't think re-testing is an option. It ain't the SAT.

There are 50 questions on the test...you get 12 minutes to take it. If you can't get more than 6 you're not much smarter than a goal post.

http://www.indystar.com/apps/pbcs.dll/article?AID=/20060225/SPORTS0303/602250529&theme=

They do allow re-tests. But still, the fact that he scored a 6 the first time isn't going to go away if it's true...

2 words: Pig Prather

Wow I can't believe what I am seeing happen before my eyes. Who in the hell cares if he can't get a question like "If jonny is twice as old as nick." If the man score touchdowns who cares. Starkiller, wino, KamikaZ, and ChitownTitan and all of you haters, lets see what you say about him if we do draft him and he starts producin in a few years what then? I will tell you all what will be happening, you will be eating all those words you have just said. We draft people who win games, not answer dumba** questions get it!

In Theory, IN THEORY, a more intelligent QB should be able to handle a more complex O, more formations, more audibles from those formations ect.

In pratice most QB are all but excluded from making more than either or audibles. And most of the time it is as simple as 8 in the box audible to the pass, 7 in the box audible to the run. Yes there are exceptions but that is why they are exceptions and not the rule. So having a QB that has crayons in his playbook could still win a championship seeing as how most HCs and OCs retain as much playcalling power as possible - that's what that radio is all about.

I don't see how you can say it doesn't matter. Of course it matters if he made a 6. Otherwise, they wouldn't be taking the test in the first place.

Given that he ran a reasonably simple shotgun offense only at college, it probably does matter. Learning a pro offense and lining up against pro defense, I'd like my QB to at least have some sort of brain guiding his decision making..

metal957 said:
Wow I can't believe what I am seeing happen before my eyes. Who in the hell cares if he can't get a question like "If jonny is twice as old as nick." If the man score touchdowns who cares. Starkiller, wino, KamikaZ, and ChitownTitan and all of you haters, lets see what you say about him if we do draft him and he starts producin in a few years what then? I will tell you all what will be happening, you will be eating all those words you have just said. We draft people who win games, not answer dumba** questions get it!

First off, get off the man's nutsack. That much love for a dude you never even met isn't healthy cous.

Second, I'm not even sure if this is true.

Third, assuming he did get a 6, this isn't just a below average or poor score. It means you basically have no common sense. Did you see some of those questions? There was a freakin' ADDITION question on there. I've seen interviews with him, seen him play, and really doesn't seem like an idiot. But a six out of 50 will make you think. A QB has to be intelligent, period, to run an NFL offense. It's not like on the D-line or a wideout where a low IQ won't kill you. A QB has GOT be somewhat intelligent.

Remember, Brock Berlin got a six too, he turned out well. :ha:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back