Guest viewing is limited

Titans Talk - Home for all things Tennessee Titans

Status
Not open for further replies.
Really?? I just saw some tweet saying Denver offered something like $90M over 5 years....that is crazy money....

Yeah "sources" are saying 80-90mil over 5 years from Broncos.

"Sources" also saying Titans have upwards of 90+mil over 4 years plus ownership stake at retirement.

I think Denver may have just been bumping up their offer in some fashion. Try to get close to us so money isn't as big of a factor.

lol am I the only one who thinks he hasn't made up his mind yet and he was actually just throwing for the Broncos today? No subtle messages..

I doubt he had any intention of throwing for the Broncos until they decided to fuel up the jet. To me, this was just a way of flaunting Elway in front of Manning again saying "Helllllooooo.... you'll get to work with the legendary John Elway." - Trying to keep it fresh in Peyton's head.

And as for the 49ers, I think its more of a ploy for them to knock Alex Smith's contract demands down a peg or two. By flirting with Manning, 49ers get more leverage over Smith.

I think that he is running up the cash register here....has not made up his mind yet. He knows what Bud said....and will likely try to see how far he will go before shutting this down.

True. But what happened to that whole incentive contract idea that was floating around? I missed something.

Honestly if it's pn a 5 year 90 million deal Peyton can go to Denver. I don't want to see the Titans go over 3 years this is crazy. Go 2 year 30 million with and ownership stake once he retires and call it a day. If he signs great if not we still got a lot better by signing Hutchenson and Wells (hopefully)

Honestly if it's pn a 5 year 90 million deal Peyton can go to Denver. I don't want to see the Titans go over 3 years this is crazy. Go 2 year 30 million with and ownership stake once he retires and call it a day. If he signs great if not we still got a lot better by signing Hutchenson and Wells (hopefully)

Yeah, it's starting to get too rich for my blood at this point as well. What happened to the incentive based contract? That' ish is out the window.

5 years 100 million? 65 MILLION GTEED!!! Wow.

True. But what happened to that whole incentive contract idea that was floating around? I missed something.

I am guessing that Denver upped the guarantee ante, while we had the higher total money as well as the "contract for life", and Manning is going to try to get the best of both from whoever antes up....

Just my opinion.

Don't see how the Chicago market would know anything more than Tn or Denver.

Its my point to show outside those two areas have a different feel. Its funny we went from hearing sources on 3hl that we were in the works for a deal and now all of a sudden they are not sure what is going on. Same goes for Denver with 95 % which leaves me to believe no one knows but if Manning is not calling us back, i think its a lost hope.

I think you will be angry at Bud then....I think we are already well above that, and are going to go higher.

Not saying that I agree with it either, but I see it coming. Strap in, this will get really stupid before it ends.

You guys realize how contracts work right? Where a guy signs for say 4 years, 100mil (for instance) with 50-60 guaranteed, if he doesn't do what we are BRINGING HIM HERE to do, he won't get that full amount.

Those numbers are essentially what he'd be paid if he won MVP and Super Bowl MVP while breaking records each year.

Base yearly will be close to 15 with easy incentives etc. up to 20-22 mil.

Then the extra 3-5 mil will be the big money incentives for getting us to playoffs, super bowl, winning SB, etc.

this is isn't a "hey it's march 1st, have 25 million dollars this year peyton"

it's "hey it's march first. here's 13 million. Do some more easy stuff you would do anyway, here's a few more million. win us games, here's more. win some playoff games, here's more. get us in the super bowl, here's more. win us the super bowl, here's more."

It's hilarious reading the tweets and listening to the talking heads at ESPN and NFL Network.

Yesterday was all Titans love. Today is all Broncos and 49ers.

The whole Wells thing has cooled off, Manning probably won't work out for us until Monday, and the focus has shifted to Den. and SF.

...yay. :sad2:

Albert Breer ‏ @AlbertBreer

According to a source, the parameters of the 5-year, $90 million deal Peyton Manning signed in August are simply the jumping-off point now.

The Titans need to bail and FAST before we get sucked into Floyd Reese cap hell. MVP-era Peyton (without injuries) would have been worth it but now, he's just not. I hope you're all coming to that realization.

Let's say McCourty, Griffin and Cook come in next year and DOMINATE...well, their contracts are up in 2013 and we couldn't possibly sign them with Manning's salary. Rob Bironas's contract is also up...

THINK ABOUT THE FUTURE. It's name is Jake Locker.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back