Guest viewing is limited

Titans Talk - Home for all things Tennessee Titans

Status
Not open for further replies.

archived

Prospect
LEGEND
Moola
We have had the discussion before (co MVP season). The Steelers-Colts game is the precise reason why I have contented all along that would take Mac over Manning any day and twice on Sundays.

Does Manning have better stats.......absolutely.

Does Manning have a better supporting cast.....overall yes.

Is Manning better than McNair......NO WAY!!!!

Someone on another thread hinted that no other QG would have done better against the Steelers. Wrong again. I bet Jake Plummer does better. McNair would have done better. He may not have yelled and scream at the line of scrimmage. He may not have thrown a million TDs but in the end we would have had a better of chance of winning with McNair.

McNair may hand the ball off to the RBs, throw to the tight ends a lot and run the ball himself. But #1, he doesn't have Reggie Wayne and Marvin Harrison. #2, he did what Manning didn't do take what the defense gives you. If McNair was the Colts QB Sunday with Wayne, Harrison, James and Clark, they would have one.

McNair has produced in Tennessee with far less talent on the OL and definitely the WRs than Manning had this year.

I don't think anyone will argue that McNair has been close to Manning since 2003. Given the same situation, maybe they are closer but with the injuries and personnel that McNair has right now, it's not even close.

I'll be a gentleman..

Not nice to hit a lady.

If this was the summer of 2004 you might have a point but over the last 3 seasons manning has won 78% of all his starts and mcnair less than 50% of his. In the last 3 seasons manning has won 3 playoff games mcnair none.

As for manning's numbers being better? Manning's numbers are the best of any QB over a 3 year period, ever. His numbers are far superior to mcnair's!

I defended steve this year when many bashed his play and said he was done. But steve right now isn't a top 10 QB and manning is at least #2. The one thing steve had over manning was his legs. Now steve hardly uses them.

McNair in that game would not have had a chance in hades of leading the Colts to a win. He doesn't have the mobility he once had and after the Steelers went up 14-0 the game would have been over. The two passes Manning made to Wayne down near the goal line and on the 2 pt conversion were as good of passes a QB could make and I haven't seen McNair make that good of a pass in two years.

There is not a GM or coach in the NFL or anywhere else that would take McNair over Manning if given a choice.

The last 3 years...

Manning's passing rating is 108. He has averaged 35 TDs passing a year with only 10 ints. His teams have won 38 regular season games and only lost 10. Even in the playoffs the colts are 3-3 the last 3 years.

I have a question for mstitan. How would mcnair have helped that field goal? That's why the colts lost. Their field goal kicker who had not missed a kick in that stadium all year missed when it counted most. How would a different QB have made a difference there?

I thought manning played a great game sunday. He had very poor protection and his receivers were not getting open. I don't think any QB could have done better.

I can't even believe you guys some times. Instead of bashing the girl you should be AGREEING with her. Call me a homer, in fact I might go change my sig to say just that but I agree 100% with Ms. Titan. Maybe Steve Mcnair with this Steelers team (unholy thoughts, unholy thoughts, never mention it again, please, never) would not have won, but why not?
Just so we are all clear hear, Peyton Manning is not even Warren Moon. Yeah I said it! Moon put up gaudy numbers too, so what. Peyton Manning Isn't even as good as Jim Kelly. I'd take that k-gun over the P-heads any day. And Peyton Manning is not as good as Steve Mcnair. After six trips to the playoffs, the World's Greatest Hyped Quarterback (and don't try to say they don't overhype him, one week ago they were almost coronated without playing in the postseason) is still trying to achieve more playoff wins than Steve Mcnair had after his First trip to the playoffs.

So go ahead and bash us Homers for apreciating wins that matter more than flashy numbers. And you can have Peyton Manning, and his 3 playoff wins.

I'll take number nine.

:coltssuk: :coltssuk: :coltssuk:

RollTide said:
I thought manning played a great game sunday. He had very poor protection and his receivers were not getting open. I don't think any QB could have done better.
What game were U watching?

The way i see it is Mcnair is better than Manning in this respect: In '99 the Titans were AFC champions and in'00 we made it to the SB(though we didn't win) and granted we may never see those days again but Manning hasn't gotten the Colts that far.

MadAboutMcNair said:
At least one would, ours.

If the Colts were dumb enough to offer a straight up trade, Manning for McNair, Reese and Fisher would pea their pants with excitement and think they were dreaming. McNair hasn't done squat the last couple of years and is no more than an average QB right now.

FAN1 said:
The way i see it is Mcnair is better than Manning in this respect: In '99 the Titans were AFC champions and in'00 we made it to the SB(though we didn't win) and granted we may never see those days again but Manning hasn't gotten the Colts that far.

I guess Trent Dilfer is better than McNair or Manning then? In that respect.

amen mad about mcnair. there is nothing wrong with appericating your own QB's talents, heck that what you should you, you should appericate everyone on your teams talents, but thats another subject for another time! in my mind, mac is way better than manning, i know, i sound crazy, retard a homer , whatever SO WHAT I DON'T CARE ,ITS HOW I REALLY FEEL! why is mac way better than manning, hmmmmmmmm lets see, oh, because mac has never had a marvin harrison type reciever in his pro career, never had a line like the colts , yet he has taken the titans to the afc championship TWICE made a superbowl appearence and has won playoffs games, oh and he has one some in the cold to!

another reason why he is way better then manning, is the type of leader steve is! steve always places the full blame on himself, and when things go his way, he is the first to give credit to the other guys, manning has done neither, yet he is god in cleats , he is the one that all aspiring QB's should want to be like? bull crap! manning has amazing numbers yes, but obviously, they have gotten him NO WHERE mac doesn't not have numbers as good as mannings, though he has great numbers, BUT HE HAS GOTTEN TO THE BIG DANCE, AND I STILL FEEL MAC WILL GET A RING BEFORE ITS ALL SAID AND DONE!

there i am through!

Two totally diferent QB's.... I think that if Steve would spend as much time preparing (i.e. video, practice, studying) I think he would be a lot better off. Steve doesn't do much as far as watching tape and thigs like that, according to Frank Whycheck. Manning is in his prime and Mcnair is a little past his but if you compare prime for prime I'd take Mcnair. He won't have better passing stats but he plays in a completely different system. McNair doesn't choke in big games, either. He usually plays his best when under the gun and that's what I've always loved best about him. Peyton has a great running game behind him and really good recievers which can help any QB look a lot better.

Steve McNair could have done better because he would have ran the play that Moore called. For all of his football IQ, Manning seems to not understand that there are professionals in his organization who do some things better than him. Steve still had an 80+ QB rating (slightly below his career average) this year playing behind one of the worst 5 offensive lines, NO running game, and dinged up inexperienced receivers... all while he was playing hurt most of the time. If Manning was in that situation we probably would have had some very interesting press conferences.

RollTide said:
That's why the colts lost. Their field goal kicker who had not missed a kick in that stadium all year missed when it counted most.

And a guy that had never fumbled all year fumbled in the worst possible moment and gave the Colts the chance of kicking that FG, so what's your point? And that FG was to tie the game, not to win it, unless you believe that the Colts would've aumotically won the game in over time.

I couldn't care less about Manning, but this doesn't make a lot of sense - he gets all the credit when the Colts win, yet it is everyone else's fault when the Colts lose?

RollTide said:
Manning's passing rating is 108. He has averaged 35 TDs passing a year with only 10 ints. His teams have won 38 regular season games and only lost 10. Even in the playoffs the colts are 3-3 the last 3 years.

I have a question for mstitan. How would mcnair have helped that field goal? That's why the colts lost. Their field goal kicker who had not missed a kick in that stadium all year missed when it counted most. How would a different QB have made a difference there?

Manning passer rating may be 108 but also has the best receiver in football and pretty good back up as well as a RB that can stay healthy and just say no.

McNair would have made a difference because he does whatever it takes to win. If that means hand the ball off and risk having low passing stats, then so be it. If that means run to get the first down because your pass protection sucks then so be it.

MadAboutMcNair said:
I can't even believe you guys some times. Instead of bashing the girl you should be AGREEING with her. Call me a homer, in fact I might go change my sig to say just that but I agree 100% with Ms. Titan. Maybe Steve Mcnair with this Steelers team (unholy thoughts, unholy thoughts, never mention it again, please, never) would not have won, but why not?
Just so we are all clear hear, Peyton Manning is not even Warren Moon. Yeah I said it! Moon put up gaudy numbers too, so what. Peyton Manning Isn't even as good as Jim Kelly. I'd take that k-gun over the P-heads any day. And Peyton Manning is not as good as Steve Mcnair. After six trips to the playoffs, the World's Greatest Hyped Quarterback (and don't try to say they don't overhype him, one week ago they were almost coronated without playing in the postseason) is still trying to achieve more playoff wins than Steve Mcnair had after his First trip to the playoffs.

So go ahead and bash us Homers for apreciating wins that matter more than flashy numbers. And you can have Peyton Manning, and his 3 playoff wins.

I'll take number nine.

:coltssuk: :coltssuk: :coltssuk:

I agree with you and with the lady, McNair is better than Manning or you forgot he led us to the Super Bowl, what about Manning???? I am starting to think that you guys are Colts fans agghh!!!!

kimberly said:
amen mad about mcnair. there is nothing wrong with appericating your own QB's talents, heck that what you should you, you should appericate everyone on your teams talents, but thats another subject for another time! in my mind, mac is way better than manning, i know, i sound crazy, retard a homer , whatever SO WHAT I DON'T CARE ,ITS HOW I REALLY FEEL! why is mac way better than manning, hmmmmmmmm lets see, oh, because mac has never had a marvin harrison type reciever in his pro career, never had a line like the colts , yet he has taken the titans to the afc championship TWICE made a superbowl appearence and has won playoffs games, oh and he has one some in the cold to!

another reason why he is way better then manning, is the type of leader steve is! steve always places the full blame on himself, and when things go his way, he is the first to give credit to the other guys, manning has done neither, yet he is god in cleats , he is the one that all aspiring QB's should want to be like? bull crap! manning has amazing numbers yes, but obviously, they have gotten him NO WHERE mac doesn't not have numbers as good as mannings, though he has great numbers, BUT HE HAS GOTTEN TO THE BIG DANCE, AND I STILL FEEL MAC WILL GET A RING BEFORE ITS ALL SAID AND DONE!

there i am through!

Kimberly Mac for me is god like you, I think Mac is one of the greatest QB in NFL history, like you said Mac take the blame when the things go wrong and is a leader, everybody plays for him, take the money hit to help the team gets better, he is a role model for every kid and every person, loves the community and who cares about cry baby Manning, Steve remain in Nashville I will travel from Mexico City just to watch you in the Coliseum....Kimberly will you marry me???

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back