Guest viewing is limited

Titans Talk - Home for all things Tennessee Titans

Status
Not open for further replies.
Really wish we had Hawkins longer. I loved what I saw from him. He reminded me of what Evans is suppose to be.
yes he did have moments tonight. I just dont care about the other RBs, if we give up Evans McNichols and Hill, I would be fine with keeping Henry Sargent Hawkins.

yes he did have moments tonight. I just dont care about the other RBs, if we give up Evans McNichols and Hill, I would be fine with keeping Henry Sargent Hawkins.

I could see Sargent, he's been a warrior during TC and the preseason games, but Hawkins just seems like a too little, too late transaction. Don't get me wrong, I liked what I saw from Hawkins.

Hopefully the coaching staff can fully evaulate Hawkins, because he looks the part to me.

Man, you guys are gonna be so pissed when this guy is cut.
Yep…Only way he makes it is if we feel like Blasingame can actually play the McNichols role as the pass protector on 3rd down.

No way we put Sargent in that role at this stage…protecting our franchise QB is way more important than keeping a guy who played well in pre-season.

do you all think that Blasingame could do that role…he showed some nice hands/speed on that screen last night

There’s no way we cut him out right. At the worst, we trade him somehow. He showed too much to let him walk. IMHO
No one is trading anything for him. There are dozens of guys every year who perform well in pre-season. Not knocking him, but really we are taking too much out of his performances in pre-season.

Yep…Only way he makes it is if we feel like Blasingame can actually play the McNichols role as the pass protector on 3rd down.

No way we put Sargent in that role at this stage…protecting our franchise QB is way more important than keeping a guy who played well in pre-season.

do you all think that Blasingame could do that role…he showed some nice hands/speed on that screen last night

I thought all along Blasingame was capable of being a backup RB and FB. Finally we see them using him for something more than blocking. They still might go with a 4th RB because of Evans being unreliable. Not sure where this thrill over McNichols is over pass blocking since Sargent isn't much different. McNichols isn't that good and needs to be cut. We have to have someone who can carry the rock if Henry is out.

Really wish we had Hawkins longer. I loved what I saw from him. He reminded me of what Evans is suppose to be.

Hill sucked all pre-season until he played the Bear scrubs. Amazing, a guy has some success in a pre-season game against scrubs and man, I wish we could keep him and he is as good as a 3rd round pick...... right.

I'd like to see the RB as..

Henry
Evans
Sargent
Hill or McNicholls

Don't think Hawkins has showed enough, probably goes to PS

I think the staff trusts McNicholls but although Hill has been dissapointing in the preseason they know what he brings or they wouldn't have signed him in FA imo

I thought all along Blasingame was capable of being a backup RB and FB. Finally we see them using him for something more than blocking. They still might go with a 4th RB because of Evans being unreliable. Not sure where this thrill over McNichols is over pass blocking since Sargent isn't much different. McNichols isn't that good and needs to be cut. We have to have someone who can carry the rock if Henry is out.
quote from Vrable …“I would say that Jeremy is one of those players that’s taken advantage of his opportunities,” Titans coach Mike Vrabel said. “I love his toughness and he’s a player that puts the team first. He’s prepared and ready to go in there. A lot of our success in (the Buffalo) game was due to Jeremy and his ability to protect on third down and protect in the passing game when they blitzed.”

Their ain’t nobody who is going to replace Henry if he gets hurt….we do need someone who can pick up the blitz and I don’t think a rookie from Iowa is who we go with for that role.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back