Guest viewing is limited

Titans Talk - Home for all things Tennessee Titans

Status
Not open for further replies.
Do we know if Evans can pass-block? Titans will value pass blocking over rock carrying for the backup running backs. I imagine Henry still comes out of the game on third down for a breather and to allow a better pass blocker to come in.

Do we know if Evans can pass-block? Titans will value pass blocking over rock carrying for the backup running backs. I imagine Henry still comes out of the game on third down for a breather and to allow a better pass blocker to come in.

Doesn't matter how good a pass blocker he is if he can't stay healthy....our 2 best options for the blitz pick up role are McNichols or Blasingame

I'd like to see the RB as..

Henry
Evans
Sargent
Hill or McNicholls

Don't think Hawkins has showed enough, probably goes to PS

I think the staff trusts McNicholls but although Hill has been dissapointing in the preseason they know what he brings or they wouldn't have signed him in FA imo
I'd be very surprised. Evans is hurt and it doesn't look like Sargent can pass protect well. Even if you want to develop that skill, he looks kinda small to me. He does run hard and plays bigger than he looks, but you can't trust him right out of the gates. I think he's a PS candidate or I won't be surprised if he ends up on IR.

McNichols is the safe bet and I think we keep one of the FBs over a 4th RB.

The only way I see Sargent making the roster is if we IR Evans or only keep 6 WRs. Can he play ST?

Pretty brilliant analysis except
1. McNichols isn't really any bigger than Sargent (1 inch taller and 4 pounds lighter) and
2. there is an assumption Sargent can't pass protect which isn't true.
Tennessee Titans: Mekhi Sargent continues push for roster spot (247sports.com)
"Nonetheless, play-by-play man Dan Helli said that Sargent has shown he can be trusted in pass protection."

Other than that (basically all you stated) ....good analysis.

Don't get me wrong because I liked Hawkins and how he played coming in so late but you can go around the league and find a bunch of RBs that look like the 2nd coming of Gale Sayers or Emmitt Smith when most of the guy on the field will be selling insurance in a week. Combine that with almost no chance to really see Hawkins practice and it becomes less likely they keep him on the PS over McNichols or Sargent (whoever doesn't make the roster).

Don't get me wrong because I liked Hawkins and how he played coming in so late but you can go around the league and find a bunch of RBs that look like the 2nd coming of Gale Sayers or Emmitt Smith when most of the guy on the field will be selling insurance in a week. Combine that with almost no chance to really see Hawkins practice and it becomes less likely they keep him on the PS over McNichols or Sargent (whoever doesn't make the roster).
It’s harder to sell insurance than you think. Most guys will be selling cars.

It’s harder to sell insurance than you think. Most guys will be selling cars.
Car lots are empty of salesmen because of the chip shortage and low inventory right now. I'd think more of Wendy's but even they are having supply issues. They may have to wipe butts for $13 an hour at one of my hospitals.

Car lots are empty of salesmen because of the chip shortage and low inventory right now. I'd think more of Wendy's but even they are having supply issues. They may have to wipe butts for $13 an hour at one of my hospitals.
Every single restaurant I know of is begging for help. I wonder if KFC is checking the waiver wire.

Any one else growing tired of Evans and injury Glad Sargent made the team and hope he gets to play some while Evans is hurt yet again.

Any one else growing tired of Evans and injury Glad Sargent made the team and hope he gets to play some while Evans is hurt yet again.
We’ve been looking for a lighting to Henry’s thunder for years. Dion Lewis wasn’t it. Darrington Evans hasn’t been it. I hope Sargent brings the fire!

I love seeing the “premonition” of Evans getting hurt. Of all the injuries this season, his must have been the absolute most surprising.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back