Guest viewing is limited

Titans Talk - Home for all things Tennessee Titans

Status
Not open for further replies.

archived

Prospect
LEGEND
Moola
Not really a debate thread- I expect we all agree. But it IS time it’s stated on the AUTHORITATIVE Tennessee Titans website.

Not really a debate thread- I expect we all agree. But it IS time it’s stated on the AUTHORITATIVE Tennessee Titans website.
My only disagreement would have happened if Fisher left a few years earlier.

Vrabel has been outstanding. He keeps teams that may not look competitive, very competitive. The players seem to like him.

my only knock against him is the coordinator/assistant coach choices or at least his reluctance to stop the stupid play calls, but he also makes some dumb gambles too.

He has his moments and then he has complete dumbfuckery instances like back to back seasons of not letting O starters play in preseason

and yes his assistant choices are suspect

vrable has his reasons for icing the actual Titans during exhibition season... but his results, thus far, have not matched his theory

vrable says he 'gets more' out of practice than the games

Vrabel has had his great moments along with some head scratching ones..his loyalty and choice of assistants is one of them

Win a SuperBowl and we can say he's the best we've had...this fanbase and the city of Nashville deserves that

All and all I do think Vrabel is best coach the titans have ever had. He has not won AFC, yet but he is much better than Fisher. In 2000, we had the best roster and team in the NFL, and Fish Face blew it. To much 8-8 or worse with Fisher.

So much inconsistency.

There are times when I would say absolutely hands down he is the best coach we have ever had.

Then there are times when I am screaming at the tv asking WTF WAS THAT?

All and all I do think Vrabel is best coach the titans have ever had. He has not won AFC, yet but he is much better than Fisher. In 2000, we had the best roster and team in the NFL, and Fish Face blew it. To much 8-8 or worse with Fisher.
Fisher also dealt with a lot of years on the end with a bad roster. Floyd Reese got us in cap hell and then he had a QB forced on him by the owner who was also losing his mind before he passed away. Not an easy situation to coach in. Vrabel took over a playoff team with a solid roster and GM, and an owner who lets the staff run the team. Fisher had 3 different home stadiums in 3 years. You talk about Fisher blowing it in 2000, Titans were first in the AFC last year and had home field advantage throughout the playoffs and blew it, so that’s not anything Vrabel hasn’t done as well. The Ravens team that beat us in 2000 ended up winning the Super Bowl. Fisher is also a very nice guy who was always fan first and a class act. Vrabel is an arrogant prick.

Last edited by a moderator:
Fisher also dealt with a lot of years on the end with a bad roster. Floyd Reese got us in cap hell and then he had a QB forced on him by the owner who was also losing his mind before he passed away. Not an easy situation to coach in. Vrabel took over a playoff team with a solid roster and GM, and an owner who lets the staff run the team. Fisher had 3 different home stadiums in 3 years. You talk about Fisher blowing it in 2000, Titans were first in the AFC last year and had home field advantage throughout the playoffs and blew it, so that’s not anything Vrabel hasn’t done as well. The Ravens team that beat us in 2000 ended up winning the Super Bowl. Fisher is also a very nice guy who was always fan first and a class act. Vrabel is an arrogant *****.
Cheers on a lot of good points.
How much of the playoff roster that Vrabel inherited is left?
I think he’s done very well working with JRob on the talent swaps and JRob working salary cap to keep them competitive.

you bring up another key point in the debate about Reese (and Reinfeldt and whoever else Fisher had) vs JRob to assist the HC.

also agree on the VY thing. Terrible pick forced on Fisher but I also don’t like how fisher handled it after the fact.

Fisher also dealt with a lot of years on the end with a bad roster. Floyd Reese got us in cap hell and then he had a QB forced on him by the owner who was also losing his mind before he passed away. Not an easy situation to coach in. Vrabel took over a playoff team with a solid roster and GM, and an owner who lets the staff run the team. Fisher had 3 different home stadiums in 3 years. You talk about Fisher blowing it in 2000, Titans were first in the AFC last year and had home field advantage throughout the playoffs and blew it, so that’s not anything Vrabel hasn’t done as well. The Ravens team that beat us in 2000 ended up winning the Super Bowl. Fisher is also a very nice guy who was always fan first and a class act. Vrabel is an arrogant *****.
Fisher also ruined VY's career because he wanted Leinart

Fisher also ruined VY's career because he wanted Leinart
VY ruined VY’s career. He had other chances with other teams and didn’t make it. One tragic aspect of his struggles were his challenges with literacy. In today’s education system, problems are not fixed, they are kicked down the road.

Last edited by a moderator:
yeah... fishface was no always class... called fans idiots on more than one occasion

I will grant fisher had a tougher lie than vrable and points about blowing 1 seed is spot on

bottom line BA messed up tossing Reese instead of fisher

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back