Guest viewing is limited

Titans Talk - Home for all things Tennessee Titans

Status
Not open for further replies.
The best thing about Locker’s career was him definitively being a bust. No one tried to defend him. He just disappeared.

I sometimes forget who the QB was between Young and Mariota.

Except for the handful of people who didn’t want us to land Peyton Manning because he would stunt the growth of Locker as Titans QB.

This hilarious. You know what's really funny? Spending 3 first round picks in 10 years trying to draft a franchise quarterback, only to find that none of them worked out. Like him or hate him, credit to JR for getting Tannehill when he did, and credit Vrabel for making the switch when he did.

If Malarkey said that about MM then he's right- he's partially responsible for MM being gun-shy of injury, since he was here while Whissenhunt let him get destroyed in the backfield. The kid was a Heisman trophy winner. Instead of doing what the Ravens have done for Jackson, they tried to make MM into a pocket passer. If that was their intentions then they drafted the wrong guy.

No matter. Its water under the bridge. MM seems to be a good guy, and if he finds success with the Raiders, congrats. Right now we have a championship level offense with a mediocre at best defense. It would sure be nice to have a high draft pick pass rusher in his 6th year and in his prime. To have 10 wins and so few sacks is testimony to how good the Titans offense is.
It's a good strategy too.
KC had a ton of success (only short of a SB) by drafting a first round QB in 18' with Mahomes and the previous pick, 1983, Todd Blackledge.
Their real success came off the back of SF QBs (Deberg, Montana, Bono, Grbac, Alex Smith)

When was the last time KC had a "rebuild" status or was top 10 (without trading up) in the draft? Maybe twice in the 30+ years between 1st round QB selections.

It's a good strategy too.
KC had a ton of success (only short of a SB) by drafting a first round QB in 18' with Mahomes and the previous pick, 1983, Todd Blackledge.
Their real success came off the back of SF QBs (Deberg, Montana, Bono, Grbac, Alex Smith)

When was the last time KC had a "rebuild" status or was top 10 (without trading up) in the draft? Maybe twice in the 30+ years between 1st round QB selections.

How about 3 years in a row from 2008-2010?(Glenn Dorsey, Tyson Jackson, Eric Berry)

Then #1 pick in 2013. (Eric Fisher)

4 times in the last 12 years.

How about 3 years in a row from 2008-2010?(Glenn Dorsey, Tyson Jackson, Eric Berry)

Then #1 pick in 2013. (Eric Fisher)

4 times in the last 12 years.
Well, I was mistaken about the # of top 10 picks in the last 30 years, but still right on the strategy. Too often teams try to throw QB's at dumpster fires and it fails miserably.
Chiefs did not, built a pretty good team around Alex Smith, then just upgraded QB (a lot) in Mahomes.

I always support Marcus but his demeanor is a bit off to be an elite starter in my opinion. I do think he is the ultimate back up qb . Great teammate , super athletic, clutch gene which helps provide an incredible spark . I wish him all the success. Screw Mularkey .

It’s never a good look when you get fired and then start blaming everyone else. Basically, Marcus got fired and conducted himself with dignity. Mularkey got fired and shifts blame around. Both of these guys did some good thinks for the Titans, but at the end of the day, it was time for both to move on.

MM8 was too nice and too injury prone. Likeable guy but didn’t have that dog in him or any swag. He was too aloof like Jay Cutler.

The best thing about Locker’s career was him definitively being a bust. No one tried to defend him. He just disappeared.

I sometimes forget who the QB was between Young and Mariota.

Locker had the talent to be an elite QB, problem was he didn’t love football.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back