Guest viewing is limited

Titans Talk - Home for all things Tennessee Titans

I literally meant the Titans and Oilers shouldnt be connected in stats. It's been 25 years... While technically a "franchise" of the NFL when a team moves states, changes names, changes ownership etc.. count that as a new "franchise".

Many people, even middle age Titans fans have no connection to Houston Oilers football at this point. Probably more fans that are Titans fans because they're in TN vs those that followed over from being Houston fans.

Just a rant...but my feeling is if a team leaves a city/state, changes everything, the slate should be wiped clean instead of pretending it's the same franchise.

I literally meant the Titans and Oilers shouldnt be connected in stats. It's been 25 years... While technically a "franchise" of the NFL when a team moves states, changes names, changes ownership etc.. count that as a new "franchise".

Many people, even middle age Titans fans have no connection to Houston Oilers football at this point. Probably more fans that are Titans fans because they're in TN vs those that followed over from being Houston fans.

Just a rant...but my feeling is if a team leaves a city/state, changes everything, the slate should be wiped clean instead of pretending it's the same franchise.
NFL could treat every move like the dead franchises of the 20’s and 30’s but they also lose a lot of marketing at a minimum with throwbacks and such.

Are you suggesting it because the oilers changed their name?
Rams, raiders, colts, cardinals, chargers, chiefs, all moved cities but kept the name.

In NFL terms, no other team has the Oilers/titans situation. Ravens were the closest but agreed to forfeit their history to Cleveland and start like an expansion team.

every other relocation kept the team name.

If we go back to like the Steegles (1943 only) there will be some exceptions.
But going further to like the Canton Bulldogs, the franchise just ended, no relocation.

In NFL terms, no other team has the Oilers/titans situation. Ravens were the closest but agreed to forfeit their history to Cleveland and start like an expansion team.

But going further to like the Canton Bulldogs, the franchise just ended, no relocation.
See that makes it even more confusing. Some teams can just agree to forfeit their history and pretend to be a new team while others carry over the history and they're the "same team" just relocated.

The way I see it... The "brand" for an NFL team is the city/state they represent. Not necessarily the name after that city. If that makes sense. As I said, a lot of people are drawn to their hometown/state team. Like I became a Titans fan because TN got an NFL team about the time I was getting in to watching football. Of course I know fans that live in TN that are fans of other teams some of which have ties to those teams city/state and others just picked a team before TN had a team etc.

See that makes it even more confusing. Some teams can just agree to forfeit their history and pretend to be a new team while others carry over the history and they're the "same team" just relocated.

The way I see it... The "brand" for an NFL team is the city/state they represent. Not necessarily the name after that city. If that makes sense. As I said, a lot of people are drawn to their hometown/state team. Like I became a Titans fan because TN got an NFL team about the time I was getting in to watching football. Of course I know fans that live in TN that are fans of other teams some of which have ties to those teams city/state and others just picked a team before TN had a team etc.
Just the same, some of the fans here (myself included) never lived anywhere near Houston, was an Oilers fan and just relocated fandom with the franchise.

Steegles were a wartime combination of steelers & eegles.... was always meant to be separated again

I know the titans started a history saying “titan up”. Plenty of teams have something.

Was unaware the bears say “bear down”. Guess I don’t know enough bears fans, never heard it.
Doesn’t sound as stupid as who dey or who dat.

seen the sh*t show new bears stadium that the city molested from the bones of Soldier Field

Hot Take Tuesday: Why Soldier Field sucks

The renovation. Can we all finally admit that Ted Phillips and the city of Chicago just blew this one? The stadium went from a classic looking stadium to a weird morph of modern and old that don’t fit at all. It’s like taking two 500-piece jigsaw puzzles and throwing them into one box and telling someone to make a 1000-piece jigsaw puzzle. It doesn’t work. It never worked. I remember going to the first game at the “new” stadium against Green Bay and being thoroughly unimpressed. This never worked. The classic pillars are now dwarfed and out of place and the modern look just looks like two spaceships crashed at midfield. The fact that it took the Bears franchise less than 20 years to want out, proves just how bad of an attempt this was. This was supposedly Ted Phillips’ crowning achievement as team President and how anyone would want to point to this monstrosity as any level of achievement is confusing to me.

42a69fafc35cda6a143f55e5b16b583d.jpg

classic vs sh*tshow
soldier-field-looking-south-2.jpg

I know the titans started a history saying “titan up”. Plenty of teams have something.

Was unaware the bears say “bear down”. Guess I don’t know enough bears fans, never heard it.
Doesn’t sound as stupid as who dey or who dat.
Bear down sounds like the valsalva maneuver... basically straining for a chit..

Latest posts

Back