Guest viewing is limited

Titans Talk - Home for all things Tennessee Titans

Status
Not open for further replies.
SEC 330 BIPOLAR said:
CIMG0286.jpg

LBL011.jpg

uhh...fella...

"Just so you new TENNhead, just because of Vince, old Oiler fans Know, the fans of the Titans, in Tennessee have no respect for you and think you are lousey fans for throwing your team away. Nice to see you are showing them how fickle and easy you are. Have a nice day."

don't worry about him... He's just mad because I told him that this was going to happen. honestly, I think it cool that he's mad. It makes me laugh.:ha:

I don't care about Vince Young. I didn't want him here. I just feel sorry for all these Texas Exes that are bowing down to Dud when there are sooo many of the TENNheads that have no respect for them and their bandwagon jumping. They think they threw the Oilers away and now they look like even bigger fools to those of us in Texas. Yeah Dud stole your team away, but because some player went to UT for 3 years, I'm going to become a Titans fan. Atleast untill a good UT player goes somewhere else.
Buy a jersey that's all Dud wants anyway. I'm glad I make you laugh BiPolar. Kinda like your smack. It makes me laugh too.

Caphorn said:
Thanks for the kind words. But in Houston Oiler fans' world this statement is practically blasphemy.

I do look forward to seeing the house that Bud has built in Nashville. Given how long the city worked to find a team and the success which Bud brought with him (Jeff Fisher and Floyd Reese), I can see where people feel a certain loyalty to Bud. I'll be there in support of Vince and his team. You've now become Vince's team for some of us. Sorry about that. I'll bury the old hatchet with Bud just to be able to participate. I sort of feel short-changed having lost Vince from my Longhorn team frankly.

I've never held anything against the fans of the Titans and people of Nashville. My wife happens to be a Titans fan anyway.

Nashville was only in the market for an NFL team when it became public that BA and Bredesen/Sundquist had been having meetings about bringing a team to Nashville. Memphis had been begging for an NFL franchise since the 60s not Nashville - just sos you know.

This is completely off subject but does anyone know the exact list of players we cut in the 04 offseason to get under the cap??.........

GoT said:
Nashville was only in the market for an NFL team when it became public that BA and Bredesen/Sundquist had been having meetings about bringing a team to Nashville. Memphis had been begging for an NFL franchise since the 60s not Nashville - just sos you know.

Right on. I should have been more clear as it is viewed as the state's NFL team, is it not? I've spent some time in Memphis and I know my friends there enjoyed having the team around when they first moved and seem supportive (even though they'd have preferred the team to be in Memphis).

Us VY fans are good fans. We may cheer a bit louder for the Bo Scaife's and Sloan Thomas' of the world, but so be it. I know VY and I and others have to try to be good citizens hanging around SEC country.

Should be a blast though. I think most of us can hopefully agree that we hate the Arkansas Razorbacks and the Dallas Cowboys.

lol - you don't know much about Tennessee do you.

The 3 stars represent the 3 Grand Divisions of Tennessee. East, Middle and West. Memphis bills itself as the Capital of the Mid-South and is just as much Arkansas and Mississippi as it is Tennessee. A few years ago I was driving thru Memphis on a Monday and the Vols had won a close game against the Mississippi State Bulldogs and the talk radio was full of people who were upset that Tennessee had won. The host was anti Tennessee. Then there is East Tennessee where they show dolt games because of all the Peyton kool-aide drinkers, although I think that changes as soon as the Gayton leaves the game.

Having said that I think the Titans have the largest radio network in the NFL so the grassroots for a huge following is there.

I would not say I hate the Razorbacks, but I don't like'em either. Dallas definatly gotta hate the cowgirls.

Caphorn said:
Should be a blast though. I think most of us can hopefully agree that we hate the Arkansas Razorbacks and the Dallas Cowboys.

Off with his head, sez I!
Heheh, welcome aboard. A little good-natured ncaa rivalry never hurt anyone, Whoo Pig! Sooie! ;)

Hey Bonky - I hear we're headed for a head-to-head rivalry and there's talk the game will be played annually at the Jerry Dome. I actually look forward to that.

My Memphis friends were Bama fans. Nobody even halfway likes the Hogs in that group. I guess I never mixed it up with the slop in Memphis :)

Now aren't ya'll glad Vince was tough enough to withstand all the cheatin' dirty hits he took from the Arky thugs? ;)

Hookem!

In college Football, it's true, the state is divided. I think we're building a little more statewide support though. I was happy to find that they DO actually play all the Titans games in east TN, and they don't play the colts anymore. (based on last season). Memphis is a mixed pot, I'll admit I'm unfamiliar, but we've got a few on here who can fill us in, I think there are definitely fans there. But it's true, the Titans are connected to Nashville, and that's where the majority of the fans are, but it's hard not to expect that. Easier to be a fan when you don't have to drive hours to see the team play. We can't all be as dedicated as Bipolar.

Caphorn-

Haha, Alabama? If they're gonna call them the "Crimson Tide", their mascot should be something other than an elephant, imho... I suggest changing their war-cry to "Hey! Kool-Aide!"

I gotta say that I'm pretty happy with the VY pick by the Titans, though. I was pulling for him in the draft, even if he DID have horns instead of tusks :))

Bonky said:
Caphorn-

Haha, Alabama? If they're gonna call them the "Crimson Tide", their mascot should be something other than an elephant, imho... I suggest changing their war-cry to "Hey! Kool-Aide!"

I gotta say that I'm pretty happy with the VY pick by the Titans, though. I was pulling for him in the draft, even if he DID have horns instead of tusks :))

I'm not here to defend Bama. Isn't it still the case that Fat Fulmer can't travel to the State of Alabama without being arrested?

Overalls said:
I don't care about Vince Young. I didn't want him here. I just feel sorry for all these Texas Exes that are bowing down to Dud when there are sooo many of the TENNheads that have no respect for them and their bandwagon jumping. They think they threw the Oilers away and now they look like even bigger fools to those of us in Texas. Yeah Dud stole your team away, but because some player went to UT for 3 years, I'm going to become a Titans fan. Atleast untill a good UT player goes somewhere else.
Buy a jersey that's all Dud wants anyway. I'm glad I make you laugh BiPolar. Kinda like your smack. It makes me laugh too.

I am going to be a Titans fan because my favorite football player of all time now plays for them. And, I don't give a rats *** what you think about it! I'm sure most Tenn fans will treat us Longhorn fans turned Titan fans with respect...or at least with tolerance.

Hawk said:
I am going to be a Titans fan because my favorite football player of all time now plays for them. .

so when he plays for another team you're going to follow him and become a fan of that team? Then your not a Titans fan, your an individual player fan:sad2:

Ewker said:
so when he plays for another team you're going to follow him and become a fan of that team? Then your not a Titans fan, your an individual player fan:sad2:

You really can be slow on the take Ewker.

Ewker said:

No doubt much of it comes from Vince, but I had a fondness for the Titans anyway since I used to be somewhat of an Oilers fan. I've been upset with Bud Adams in the past, but he has redeemed himself by picking Vince. I was pissed when the Titans lost the SB to the Rams.

Plus, I loved Ricky Williams, but I never became a Saints or Dolphins fan. I don't root for Chicago or Detroit just because they have Cedric or Roy Williams.

Will I still be a Titans fan when Vince is gone? Probably, but certainly not to the extent I will be when he's there. But I would still root for the Titans over pretty much any NFL team except the Cowboys and Patriots (I have lived in Austin and Boston my whole life, so those will always be my favorites).

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back