Titans Talk - Home for all things Tennessee Titans

Status
Not open for further replies.

archived

Prospect
LEGEND
Moola
AAS had this to say today which I find telling:

"We want someone who is an exceptional talent evaluator, exceptional at roster building, and someone who is an excellent decision-maker. I also want someone who is a collaborator, someone who is able to find and build consensus to get to the best answers for the team, someone who is open to innovation and evaluating talent beyond the traditional avenues. Just really a talented person in all areas. But more than anything I want someone that can collaborate – that is super important to me, being able to find this person who can collaborate so we're all working together, rowing the same direction."

This really reminds me of the reports that Jrob did too much on his own rather than working with ownership and coaches. The AJ Brown trade being the embodiment of that unilateral decision making.
The calls for interviews go out today. Hopefully we get someone in this month. Not a lot of time till FA.

Titans Set to Take Next Step in Finding the Franchise’s Next General Manager

With Downing you could have an pro bowl level superstar team and still only score 13 points. Talent is meaningless while he's still collecting a check.

With Downing you could have an pro bowl level superstar team and still only score 13 points. Talent is meaningless while he's still collecting a check.
Disagree entirely. There is plenty of blame for our season to be placed on our poverty OL and WR groups.

I don't know much about people around the league who would be good. I don't think I want someone like DiMitroff that has been a GM before and failed. Is there someone obvious we want to pull for to get the job? Is this going to be like the Mularkey "coaching search" where it is already predetermined that Cowden is going to get it?

Can we get someone from the Chiefs and Ravens FO for an interview? Both of those teams have always seemed to draft well. Chiefs especially as of late!

Cunningham spent his first 9yrs with the Ravens and the last five with the Eagles before joining Poles (GM) in Chicago this past season. Together, along with Eberflus, they've turned the personell dumpster fire from 2021 into a team that has a bright future. The Bears record this year isn't a good reflection of the many positive changes they've made to the roster. Don't know if Cunningham can be the lead GM, but I wouldn't write him off just because he's coming from the Bears.

Last edited by a moderator:
Yea I'm of the opinion 49ers have been on the right track for awhile now amd if we can poach there assistant gm then that should be a win. I like Ron as a candidate also but between the 2 Adams is also a stones throw since he's already the assistant.

I'd like us to bring in Will McClay from the Cowboys. One thing I like about both the Cowboys and the 49ers is that they seem to invest in their OLs....if you go 49ers do you consider Garropolo or trade for Trey Lance if Purdy gets it done in the playoffs.

Cunningham was with the Eagles for ~14yrs before joining Poles (GM) in Chicago this past season. Together, along with Eberflus, they've turned the personell dumpster fire from 2021 into a team that has a bright future. The Bears record this year isn't a good reflection of the many positive changes they've made to the roster. Don't know if Cunningham can be the lead GM, but I wouldn't write him off just because he's coming from the Bears.

Thank you!

Those that just say OH ITS A BAD FRANCHISE WHY WOULD WE EVEN CONSIDER ...

doesn't always mean that's the be all end all. Do a little research - it's not just about going after management from the top 5 franchises in the league. Guys bounce around and have experience elsewhere. Now it if we're a Cleveland Browns lifer - than of course not.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back