Guest viewing is limited

Titans Talk - Home for all things Tennessee Titans

Status
Not open for further replies.
I have to ask, what has Vrabel done to serve more power? What has he done to prove that he’s a good enough talent evaluator to have the final say in picking the players?

I have to ask, what has Vrabel done to serve more power? What has he done to prove that he’s a good enough talent evaluator to have the final say in picking the players?
A lot of people will say, well he was part of the turn around of this franchise. I still don't see that as enough to give him that kind of power. He just needs to be a coach because that's really all he is good at.

I have said this before, but yeah Vrabel brought in a winning attitude. I think that helped. Outside of that he has been mostly bad at most HC decisions.

I have said this before, but yeah Vrabel brought in a winning attitude. I think that helped. Outside of that he has been mostly bad at most HC decisions.
I thought Mularkey was given the same props. Really he got them to their first playoffs in 7 years including a playoff win (thanks MM8)

I've done research on these guys last night and this morning and this is the guy we want. Adam Peters seems perfect for what we're looking for.

Also, if you search his name on Twitter, you will see a lot of SF fans afraid to lose him - which is always a good sign. Some are even suggesting that Lynch be promoted, so they can promote Peters to GM and keep him on staff there.

Vrabel was hired to take the team to the next level. When he was introduced the organization emphasized that getting to the playoffs wasn't enough for the head coach, more was expected (sound familiar?). He took over a team that had just finished back-to-back winning seasons (albeit both 9-7) and had a playoff victory for the first time in over a decade (again, albeit kind of fluky). The idea that Vrabel had a major hand in rebuilding the Titans deemphasizes the one major positive of Mularkey's coaching tenure; the return of respectability to the Titans.

Last edited by a moderator:
A lot of people will say, well he was part of the turn around of this franchise. I still don't see that as enough to give him that kind of power. He just needs to be a coach because that's really all he is good at.

The franchise turn around was well before he got here. Granted, he helped take it to the next level, but still.

Vrabel was hired to take the team to the next level. When he was introduced the organization emphasized that getting to the playoffs wasn't enough for the head coach, more was expected (sound familiar?). He took over a team that had just finished back-to-back winning seasons (albeit both 9-7) and had a playoff victory for the first time in over a decade (again, albeit kind of fluky). The idea that Vrabel had a major hand in rebuilding the Titans deemphasizes the one major positive of Mularkey's coaching tenure; the return of respectability to the Titans.
The franchise turn around was well before he got here. Granted, he helped take it to the next level, but still.

If Vrabel has achieved “the next level”, he’s on par or closely behind Jeff fisher.

If Vrabel has achieved “the next level”, he’s on par or closely behind Jeff fisher.

At this point in time, Vrabel is basically Jeff Fisher 2.0.

And to be honest, I don't think Vrabel has really taken the Titans to the "next level" of anything. He made it to an AFC Championship game in 2019, but that's about it with two demoralizing one and dones in the playoffs.

Even Fisher was able to win the Conference and the get back to then AFC Championship game a few years later.

Last edited by a moderator:
At this point in time, Vrabel is basically Jeff Fisher in 2.0.

And to be honest, I don't think Vrabel has really taken the Titans to the "next level" of anything. He made it to an AFC Championship game in 2019, but that's about it with two demoralizing one and dones in the playoffs.

Even Fisher was able to win the Conference and the get back to then AFC Championship game a few years later.

He took them to the next level from where they were.

He took them to the next level from where they were.

I respectfully disagree. I don't consider getting from the Divisional Round to a Championship Round game as much of a next level. The next level to me is getting to the Super Bowl. That's why I don't believe Vrabel has really taken the Titans to next level of anything.

I respectfully disagree. I don't consider getting from the Divisional Round to a Championship Round game as much of a next level. The next level to me is getting to the Super Bowl. That's why I don't believe Vrabel has really taken the Titans to next level of anything.

So, you don’t consider going from a fringe playoff team to a double digit win, division champion and legit Super Bowl contender the next level?

Interesting.

Going from the Divisional Round to the Champion Round is LITERALLY the next level.

So, you don’t consider going from a fringe playoff team to a double digit win, division champion and legit Super Bowl contender the next level?

Interesting.

Considering the team has basically underachieved in the playoffs the last two seasons, in part due to coaching failures, that doesn't scream taking the team to the "next level."

Heck I'm not sure AAS would consider that "next level" Despite all of that success, she fired Robinson because the team had higher aspirations to meet.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back