Guest viewing is limited

Titans Talk - Home for all things Tennessee Titans

Status
Not open for further replies.
By this, he’s behind Fisher still then. Mr. .500 ball himself using this standard is better than Vrabel.

Definitely not arguing that, and that’s part of the reasoning for my initial question. If hasn’t even accomplished as much as Fisher, how can he have earned the right to have this much power?

Definitely not arguing that, and that’s part of the reasoning for my initial question. If hasn’t even accomplished as much as Fisher, how can he have earned the right to have this much power?
What power? He's the head coach. He has the same power as any other head coach.

I think we’ve seen coaches that have no say in players and that have all say in the players (often a coach/GM)

I like what AAS said about working collaboratively and being on the same page. I kind of want a GM that isn’t going to be pushed around by the coach but can make the effort to get Vrabel what he’s looking for.

I think Fisher is a good example for not allowing a head coach to obtain too much power/influence. Fisher the coach was better than Fisher the partial GM.

AAS has already said that the new GM will have control and Vrabs will have the same amount of input. So if Vrabs has been in control, why was Jrob fired but not him?

What power? He's the head coach. He has the same power as any other head coach.

It has been reported that Vrabel will now have final say in personnel decisions. The only coaches that have that kind of power are Belichick, Carroll, Shannahan, and Reid.

So, no, all coaches do not have the same amount of power.

I think you have to look at the overall body of work instead of just their single best season.
agreed... fisher 99-02ish fisher had great success... then there was the 2 fat albert tag years 07 & 08 I think... and that was it

everything else was mundane to challenging

fisher had like 5 or 6 good years out of what 15 seasons?

every year except 22 was successful for vrable

I think you have to look at the overall body of work instead of just their single best season.
I agree and unfortunately my comment is more of a slight to Vrabel if he’s worse than Fisher.

Fisher had a magic season and a couple Titans letdown specials. Titans are historically very good at getting the hype train going, getting fans super psyched, then laying a giant turd on the field.

Vrabel got to experience that last year. I think the AFCCG was different because they “weren’t suppose to be there” having run through NE and destroying the absolute favorites in balt.

It has been reported that Vrabel will now have final say in personnel decisions. The only coaches that have that kind of power are Belichick, Carroll, Shannahan, and Reid.

So, no, all coaches do not have the same amount of power.
Again, AAS the owner of the team addressed this after firing JRob. She said that coach and GM are different jobs and Vrabel will have the same say with the new GM as he did with JRob. This "Vrabs is running things now" is all BS.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back