Guest viewing is limited

Titans Talk - Home for all things Tennessee Titans

Status
Not open for further replies.
Adam Peters has turned down the Titans and Cards requests to interview him for the GM position. Said he wants to focus on the 49's playoff run.

Titans general manager search Adam Peters turns down interview request - Music City Miracles
Just saw this and it's a bummer, he was my #1 choice. I think it's a lame excuse - "concentrate on SF's playoff run"? What work could he possibly have that would support their playoff run? It'd make more sense if he said "preparing for the draft." I wonder if he's in line to get their GM job, like I mentioned earlier and it just hasn't been announced.

My new #1 is Ian Cunningham. Learned under Ozzie Newsome, who I thought was an awesome GM. I always had "draft envy" of the Ravens haul every year. They always seem to hit more often than not.

Adam Peters has turned down the Titans and Cards requests to interview him for the GM position. Said he wants to focus on the 49's playoff run.

Titans general manager search Adam Peters turns down interview request - Music City Miracles
Good on him.
Although maybe I’m missing a lot of their everyday duties, but what does the GM do for a playoff team outside watch some injuries/ immediate roster moves?

Can’t take like a Tues/Wed to interview with both.

Tough spot for TN. Don’t want them to wait multiple weeks to hire someone waiting for a chance to interview him, but also don’t want them to just hire someone on the plan that Peters just isn’t available at the right time.

Very disappointed Peters is out of the mix. I believe my next choice would be Monti Ossenfort, as long as he’s been proven correct over JRob the past few seasons. Titans would know better than me. Supposedly a very good talent evaluator.

I find it so hard to believe that anyone on here or 99% of fans know anything about these potential GM's.
I know a little just on things I heard when they were interviewing with other teams in the past. I know Ossenfort has received many interviews in the past and made it to the Final Cut most of the time. Like I said, Titans should have a better grasp on internal candidates and whether they were proven right over JRob. No point in firing JRob and replacing him with someone who was in agreement with him.

The Titan way is to give lip service to doing a lot of interviews but doing only 2-3 before hiring the interim.

Since he has a good relationship with Vrabel already, AAS might make it official soon.

The Titan way is to give lip service to doing a lot of interviews but doing only 2-3 before hiring the interim.

Since he has a good relationship with Vrabel already, AAS might make it official soon.
Obviously status quo has been shown the door. I’m sure they have understood the same way of doing things isn’t enough for winning it all. I have been happy with the direction of the team after suffering years past.

It has been reported that Vrabel will now have final say in personnel decisions. The only coaches that have that kind of power are Belichick, Carroll, Shannahan, and Reid.

So, no, all coaches do not have the same amount of power.
I'm not arguing but just curious. How do you know those coaches and only those coaches have that authority?

True. It has always been that way. The replacement was probably already selected before AAS fired JRob.

It has been reported that Vrabel will now have final say in personnel decisions. The only coaches that have that kind of power are Belichick, Carroll, Shannahan, and Reid.

So, no, all coaches do not have the same amount of power.
I haven’t seen that from a legitimate source, and it doesn’t sync with what Strunk has said publically. That was a strong rumor the day JR was fired, and don’t think it was based on actual knowledge.

Based on what? Remember the wide net AAS was going to throw to find the next president a few years ago followed by quietly announcing they were giving the job to the Lorax?
Almost seems as though AAS was reading your site on what to do. So far it’s been what most here wanted to see happen

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back