Guest viewing is limited

Titans Talk - Home for all things Tennessee Titans

Status
Not open for further replies.
What is everyone's feelings on J-Rob's last draft class? Imo, early returns on the 2022 class is that it's been pretty solid. Burks has very good when he's been healthy. Chig is a stud. McCreary has been pretty good as a rookie CB.

On the flip side, Malik, NPF, and Haskins were all pretty awful. NPF you can maybe excuse because the entire line was shit and playing RT as a rookie is really hard even with a solid OL around you. Either way, all 3 need massive improvements if they want to be in the league longer than their rookie contracts.

Kyle Phillips looked amazing in week 1 and then disappeared off the face of the Earth. Part of me wonders if he'll ever be able to hold up physically in the league at his size. The talent was obvious week 1 though. Super fast and twitchy.

Jackson and Campbell were wasted picks, but given they were 6 rounders not much was expected anyways.

I'm hoping Ian Cunningham is our new GM.... He played OL at University of Virginia... so maybe he can recognize OL talent... he also worked under Ozzie Newsome with the ravens and then in Philly... don't let the fact that he has been with the Bears for 1 yr scare you off.

I don’t care which one it is as long they consistently improve the roster and avoid getting too cute with picks like Farley. AND stop signing people to extensions only to cut them the next season.

Very disappointed Peters is out of the mix. I believe my next choice would be Monti Ossenfort, as long as he’s been proven correct over JRob the past few seasons. Titans would know better than me. Supposedly a very good talent evaluator.
I just don't want an in-house candidate. They've got that J-Rob stank on them. The Titans always seem to hire within and I want new blood and fresh eyes on our situation.

I just don't want an in-house candidate. They've got that J-Rob stank on them. The Titans always seem to hire within and I want new blood and fresh eyes on our situation.
I’ve worked with bosses who were clueless and weren’t as smart as me. Didn’t want to be painted with the same brush as them. So, I won’t judge them on JR’s merits.

I'm down for Ron Carthon. Been with for 49ers and they've been running with Jimmy g and done well and drafted well. Guy has been with good backroom staff and coaches so should know what he's looking for. Happy to give this guy a shot. In house, hell no. We need some fresh blood with new ideas.

What is everyone's feelings on J-Rob's last draft class? Imo, early returns on the 2022 class is that it's been pretty solid. Burks has very good when he's been healthy. Chig is a stud. McCreary has been pretty good as a rookie CB.

On the flip side, Malik, NPF, and Haskins were all pretty awful. NPF you can maybe excuse because the entire line was **** and playing RT as a rookie is really hard even with a solid OL around you. Either way, all 3 need massive improvements if they want to be in the league longer than their rookie contracts.

Kyle Phillips looked amazing in week 1 and then disappeared off the face of the Earth. Part of me wonders if he'll ever be able to hold up physically in the league at his size. The talent was obvious week 1 though. Super fast and twitchy.

Jackson and Campbell were wasted picks, but given they were 6 rounders not much was expected anyways.
I want to see npf with a better oline coach and cast.

One thing I will say is the ravens always draft well and Ozzie, great guy to learn from. Also ok with the guy from the 49ers but I want someone from the outside. OC and GM

After Amy's interview on what she is looking for, JRob no doubt got fired for trading AJ with out consulting here. She mentioned good collaborator multiple times about what they were looking for. I believe her and AJ were fairly tight and Vrable obviously was furious with the trade. That's why Vrable got to stay and JRob got canned.

For the search we need one of the guys from the 49ers, Chiefs, Bill's, or Ravens. Those teams pick in the back third of the draft every year and still manage to find talent.

After Amy's interview on what she is looking for, JRob no doubt got fired for trading AJ with out consulting here. She mentioned good collaborator multiple times about what they were looking for. I believe her and AJ were fairly tight and Vrabel obviously was furious with the trade. That's why Vrabel got to stay and JRob got canned.

For the search we need one of the guys from the 49ers, Chiefs, Bill's, or Ravens. Those teams pick in the back third of the draft every year and still manage to find talent.
Wonder how much it helps to have coaches to help develop instead of immediate regression like our coaching staff does... Like I keep pointing out, our linebacker coaches have been pretty terrific. We can snag a guy at Kroger's bagging groceries, give our LB coaches some time and the guy is a productive player.

We have given Keith Carter around 20 or so lineman to work with and the best he has done is a couple mediocre lineman and several regressed linemen.

Our Db coaches have had about 30 players to choose from and develop and they have flopped every time.

After Amy's interview on what she is looking for, JRob no doubt got fired for trading AJ with out consulting here. She mentioned good collaborator multiple times about what they were looking for. I believe her and AJ were fairly tight and Vrabel obviously was furious with the trade. That's why Vrabel got to stay and JRob got canned.

i also think he forced the willis pick. It was obvious to me that wouldnt been vrabels pick by some of the comments he made and signing dobbs for the biggest game of the yr

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back