Guest viewing is limited

Titans Talk - Home for all things Tennessee Titans

Status
Not open for further replies.

If the Titans hire a woman as GM, that will officially be the end of me as a Titans fan.
Is an assistant gm behind a good team a worthy candidate?

If the Titans hire a woman as GM, that will officially be the end of me as a Titans fan.

Is an assistant gm from a good team a likely candidate or is everything a toss up?
Does a gm get to choose his talent scouts?
Does an assistant do anything but carry a clipboard and be a gofer?
I have not read much about these things

Considering the team has basically underachieved in the playoffs the last two seasons, in part due to coaching failures, that doesn't scream taking the team to the "next level."

Heck I'm not sure AAS would consider that "next level" Despite all of that success, she fired Robinson because the team had higher aspirations to meet.
She will find out who is calling the offensive plays if Henry runs 27 out of 30 on first down again

Why do people care so much if the GM is from outside the organization? Robinson was outside the organization. The vision and strategy for the team is much more important. Not sure why people think the inside guys are clones of Robinson.

Why do people care so much if the GM is from outside the organization? Robinson was outside the organization. The vision and strategy for the team is much more important. Not sure why people think the inside guys are clones of Robinson.
And the team will know better than anyone if those guys were proven right over JRob routinely.

Probably because of the Titans history of promoting within for most positions over the years and it rarely working out.

Is an assistant gm behind a good team a worthy candidate?
Is an assistant gm from a good team a likely candidate or is everything a toss up?
Does a gm get to choose his talent scouts?
Does an assistant do anything but carry a clipboard and be a gofer?
I have not read much about these things
fwiw - a ~12min vid of Cunningham with Poles (GM) on the road this year, around October. I'm sure other GMs and their assistants do siimilar stuff but this might give you an idea of their relationship. Poles talks a bit more about Cunningham near the end of the vid. RP was hired January 24 and Cunningham a couple days later.

Probably because of the Titans history of promoting within for most positions over the years and it rarely working out.
I think people are fixated on recency bias. Smith worked out and Downing didn’t. Bowen seems to leveled off and become a solid DC. Robinson was not promoted from within and didn’t work out. Technically both Cowden and Ossenfort came from outside of the organization when Robinson hired them so they aren’t long-term in-house players.

Last edited by a moderator:
Why would he want that job??? He is stuck with Murray for at least 2 yrs because of dead cap hits of 97mil and then 81 mil before it drops to 30 mil. Cards have also said they ae trading Hopkins and so they will be losing their best offensive player. With Watt retiring they lose a top defensive guy. They have no coach... a nightmare of a job.

If I were their GM I would totally plan to tank next yr to be able to draft a top QB and then let that QB sit a yr behind Murray and then trade Murray or cut him. Murray is never going to be an elite NFL QB.

Don’t like any of the other candidates. Worst group ever assembled if that’s all they are interviewing. Pretty sure Vrabel is the new GM in actuality or they would be interviewing better candidates. Not sure it really matters who they hire. I would say that’s why Ossenfort took the Cardinals job. He knew Vrabel would be in charge of the roster.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back