Guest viewing is limited

Titans Talk - Home for all things Tennessee Titans

Status
Not open for further replies.
If we wanted more media coverage, he'd be the guy. THill from a media standpoint would become an afterthought despite being the actual guy playing.

Kaep is a weird topic if we are just talking football. On the surface if we assume he can still play at peak he is a good backup. But he has been out of the game for 4 years and was trending down before that. He doea have a similar skill set to tanny, but is that enough?

Kaep is a weird topic if we are just talking football. On the surface if we assume he can still play at peak he is a good backup. But he has been out of the game for 4 years and was trending down before that. He doea have a similar skill set to tanny, but is that enough?
2 good points.
He HAD a similar skill set as THill and his peak was "good backup".

I don't think kaep is worth it honestly. There's no way he can beat out tanny for the job and the attention it would give us would turn bad by week 6 imo. If tanny has one bad game, the media would call for him to be starting. The problem is tanny was in the championship game ladt year and that was kaepernick's peak and that was a long time ago. There's just way to much negative hype that comes with that signing at this point. He needs to go somewhere he actually has a chance to start or play a decent amount. Now if tanny goes down for any extended amount of time, I'd take him quick.

We will not be signing kaep. He will want far more money than we are willing to pay.

He doesn't want to come back or he would have already.
It's not like he can just sign up for playing football and he's on a team...it's not about him not wanting to come back...a team has to sign him, they've avoided him, which is what this is all about isn't it?

Hes had chances and he blows them off
You mean the workout he switched venues? Yes he has but do you really believe a team would have signed him if it took place as scheduled?

Personally I don't, I think it was lip service by the NFL to say they gave him a chance.

Even Pete Carroll saying he wished he signed him back last year or whenever it was...so why doesn't he sign him now?

You mean the workout he switched venues? Yes he has but do you really believe a team would have signed him if it took place as scheduled?

Personally I don't, I think it was lip service by the NFL to say they gave him a chance.

Even Pete Carroll saying he wished he signed him back last year or whenever it was...so why doesn't he sign him now?
There was that, as well as Baltimore trying to get him in town, the 2 start up leagues wanted him, and of course there was the CFL where hed probably thrive..

There was also another NFL team he blew off but i cant remember which team

Kaepernick is not a starter, he's been out of the league for 4 years, his best chance is as a backup.
IMO he uses that to fuel his cause

People wouldnt support him as much if they realized he was a backup and the NFL wasnt blackballing him.

Its so easy to go from a 2 to a 1 in this league, he just doesnt want to play

Broncos offered him a contract in 2016, his first free agent year, and he turned it down. I'm not aware of any other actual offers hes gotten.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back