Guest viewing is limited

Titans Talk - Home for all things Tennessee Titans

Status
Not open for further replies.
Maybe I'm in the minority on here as far as my views go to a crowdless game, but I just don't see how viewership goes up from this.

The backlash of fans that were irrate over the NCAA tournament being played without a crowd was off the charts.
That was different. This situation has escalated tremendously since then. Most people would understand now.

That was different. This situation has escalated tremendously since then. Most people would understand now.

I agree on that. Right about now I would be excited to watch hockey (even though I've never watched a hockey game in my life). Just so deprived from sports right now and it's making me insane.

Maybe I'm in the minority on here as far as my views go to a crowdless game, but I just don't see how viewership goes up from this.

The backlash of fans that were irrate over the NCAA tournament being played without a crowd was off the charts.
Better than not playing it all. No March Madness sucked!

Then you would love the XFL.

Just because you like the idea of hearing the players and no crowd noise, doesn't mean the casual fan does.

You have tons of fans that only go to games in person, but wouldn't watch the game on TV.

Look, I'm with you guys. I love NFL football and would watch it if it was played on Mars or Pluto, but I'm saying viewership would not go up if they played games with no crowd.
No one has stuff to do. If the season somehow does not get the axe but they play with no crowds that means crap is still bad. If that is the case people would be clawing at the walls to watch something.

No one has stuff to do. If the season somehow does not get the axe but they play with no crowds that means crap is still bad. If that is the case people would be clawing at the walls to watch something.

If it gets that bad, I don't think there will be an NFL season.

Viewership would go up likely for the 100k’s of fans that can’t go.

Atlanta is the only stadium that would still have home field advantage. (For those that don’t get this, look up the “other” team that got in trouble during deflate gate)

I would see more popular teams having. Issue with this in general but the stadiums that are already filled with away fans improve.
I guess Tennessee gets a bonus.

The Covid antibody test will likely be ready by the end of the month. I’m guessing widespread antibody testing will begin in May or June. There will also be a registry of people who have already had Covid and recovered.

By September 10th when the season is slated to open, there will likely be millions of Americans with immunity and scientists should have confirmed immunity levels by then.

In all likelihood, there will be a list of immune people by then that can attend games. Make tickets a bit more affordable and they should be able to at least mostly fill stadiums.

The Covid antibody test will likely be ready by the end of the month. I’m guessing widespread antibody testing will begin in May or June. There will also be a registry of people who have already had Covid and recovered.

By September 10th when the season is slated to open, there will likely be millions of Americans with immunity and scientists should have confirmed immunity levels by then.

In all likelihood, there will be a list of immune people by then that can attend games. Make tickets a bit more affordable and they should be able to at least mostly fill stadiums.

Lol if you say so..

List of immune people? Dude they are struggling hard to just add numbers together as it is right now. But maybe you are right. I hope you are right. This is some real bullshit they are putting everybody through considering we are living and dying by a model they printed out from Excel. Never trust a graph that was made in Excel.

List of immune people? Dude they are struggling hard to just add numbers together as it is right now. But maybe you are right. I hope you are right. This is some real bull**** they are putting everybody through considering we are living and dying by a model they printed out from Excel. Never trust a graph that was made in Excel.
Yeah a number of countries, including the States, are talking about establishing some sort of registry or list of people that are immune to the virus. Largely so those people can either go back to work or take frontline positions in the fight. It’s gonna happen. Especially if they can get these antibody tests widespread.

I’m just saying, there’s a good chance there will be fans able to attend games by September.

Yeah a number of countries, including the States, are talking about establishing some sort of registry or list of people that are immune to the virus. Largely so those people can either go back to work or take frontline positions in the fight. It’s gonna happen. Especially if they can get these antibody tests widespread.

I’m just saying, there’s a good chance there will be fans able to attend games by September.

I'm sorry, but that's not going to happen in the US. Medical records are sealed for a reason and this registry will clearly expose the health of many people.

Where are you getting these sources from?

I work at a giant place that absolutely won't shut down. We have an outbreak and they just guess on quarantining because they can't legally give names out to even determine who haa been in contact.

Because watching games without a crowd would be like practice.

The game would just be awful without the fans in the stands. No homefield advantage etc etc.

NFL Owners would rather fans come to the games any day of the week.

"Viewership would go up" Viewership means nothing on the NFL Sunday Ticket. Therefore, there's no way they would give it away for free. It's that monthly payment that draws the revenue, not via commercials. I have the Ticket. What do I do when a commercial break comes on? I turn to another game. I can't even remember the last time I watched a commercial on the Sunday Ticket.
Every team breaks to commercial around the same time. Its hard to not see the same five commercials flipping thru games

While you might be right and there are some people who wouldn't watch, I would bet that viewership goes up if this happened. '

Watch games with friends, you can be your own crowd noise.
Yea but if the NFL isnt allowing fans to attend, are we really having viewing parties at home?

Probably not.

Heres my idea God forbid they cant play games in front of crowds. Add music as background noise like in Madden. Obviously like in Madden you put the game noise first, commentary 2nd, then just add a little touch of the music the NFL already uses at stadiums.

Id watch that no problems and I bet so would any casual fan looking for 3 hrs of fun.

I'm sorry, but that's not going to happen in the US. Medical records are sealed for a reason and this registry will clearly expose the health of many people.

Where are you getting these sources from?

It could happen if it was voluntary. If you could be given some form that said you had antibodies and that gave you freedom to do certain things, I imagine a good number of people would be interested in doing that. But it could not be imposed legally on the entire country. Not without huge legal battles.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back