Guest viewing is limited

Titans Talk - Home for all things Tennessee Titans

Status
Not open for further replies.
Inforwars? I'm no Trumphumping tinfoil hat wearing troglodyte. It's been everywhere in the news lately folks. Come on now.

Washington Post: https://www.washingtonpost.com/health/2020/03/31/coronavirus-serology-blood-tests/

Here's another very interesting article about it: Are coronavirus immunity certificates really such a good idea?

Here's one article on the discussions in the UK about it: The UK plans to issue coronavirus 'immunity passports' so people can leave the lockdown early

And this: CDC begins blood tests to find undetected coronavirus cases

Last edited by a moderator:
It could happen if it was voluntary. If you could be given some form that said you had antibodies and that gave you freedom to do certain things, I imagine a good number of people would be interested in doing that. But it could not be imposed legally on the entire country. Not without huge legal battles.
I see a bigger legal issue with this....for the simple fact it would discriminate. Freedom for those complying what's voluntary, and lock down for those who decline what is voluntary and not legally obligated, would not make legal sense.

I see a bigger legal issue with this....for the simple fact it would discriminate. Freedom for those complying what's voluntary, and lock down for those who decline what is voluntary and not legally obligated, would not make legal sense.

Possibly. But the alternative is complete lockdown, which would delay the rebound of the economy. It could also be argued that the government is keeping people locked down for their own health and safety. If you could prove your safety was not in jeopardy, then you could get exemptions.

Possibly. But the alternative is complete lockdown, which would delay the rebound of the economy. It could also be argued that the government is keeping people locked down for their own health and safety. If you could prove your safety was not in jeopardy, then you could get exemptions.
I hear ya but I feel its way too complicated, especially when factoring in the global economy. Basically if the world remains in lockdown, the global economy will continue to shrink. The best approach in my opinion is a complete lockdown, and when the virus circulates at least 60 percent of the population, we all then become immune from this disease. Probably looking at a August/September timeline....however if things go as planned, we can expect loosening measures around end of June. That said international travel will probably stay restricted until early 2021.

I hear ya but I feel its way too complicated, especially when factoring in the global economy. Basically if the world remains in lockdown, the global economy will continue to shrink. The best approach in my opinion is a complete lockdown, and when the virus circulates at least 60 percent of the population, we all then become immune from this disease. Probably looking at a August/September timeline....however if things go as planned, we can expect loosening measures around end of June. That said international travel will probably stay restricted until early 2021.

Well, do you mean complete lock down or all but essential business? I agree we likely hit that 60% or so by August/September. But I see no reason people could get more freedom after they have antibodies. But sure, could be complicated.

Well, do you mean complete lock down or all but essential business? I agree we likely hit that 60% or so by August/September. But I see no reason people could get more freedom after they have antibodies. But sure, could be complicated.
We will probably see restrictions lifted for none essential business end of May beginning of June.

This could be a big week in the global COVID pandemic IMO. With results beginning to come in from several mega trials around the world, we should finally get some real evidence to the effect of several potential treatments for the virus. Interesting to see will be the results of the large French trials which should be released later this week. They’ve tested 4 of the primary drug candidates (including hydroxychloroquin) on over 3,000 cases throughout Europe in the first real clinical trials of such magnitude.

My hope, and of course it’s only hope, is that if one of these treatments can reduce the mortality rate and hospitalization rates to near influenza levels, we could see a much more rapid return to normalcy in the world. AND FOOTBALL! Fingers crossed.

I can't see something like immunity certificates coming into play. For one thing, it will probable be a couple years before they really know if the antibodies really work or how long they work. It could turn out that a person with antibodies easily fights off the virus but can still transmit it for a period after exposure. Then there is the civil rights issue and bureaucratic nightmare involved in using the certificate to essentially give some rights that others would not have. I don't see this happening.

Then you would love the XFL.

Just because you like the idea of hearing the players and no crowd noise, doesn't mean the casual fan does.

You have tons of fans that only go to games in person, but wouldn't watch the game on TV.

Look, I'm with you guys. I love NFL football and would watch it if it was played on Mars or Pluto, but I'm saying viewership would not go up if they played games with no crowd.
What are you basing any of this on? I think it's just your opinion, which I disagree with. Myself, and everyone I know, would watch regardless if there were people in the stands. Sure the crowd adds an element, but football is still football. And if you have 60k people who can't go in person, surely some of those people will watch on TV. I'd be shocked if viewership fell at all, I'd expect it to increase.

What are you basing any of this on? I think it's just your opinion, which I disagree with. Myself, and everyone I know, would watch regardless if there were people in the stands. Sure the crowd adds an element, but football is still football. And if you have 60k people who can't go in person, surely some of those people will watch on TV. I'd be shocked if viewership fell at all, I'd expect it to increase.
Yea same

I watched my sons 6th grade team play this past yr, and if you have any interest in a team at all youll watch.

I find it impossible to believe anyone would ignore the NFL without crowds. TV viewers would explode this Fall.

Yea same

I watched my sons 6th grade team play this past yr, and if you have any interest in a team at all youll watch.

I find it impossible to believe anyone would ignore the NFL without crowds. TV viewers would explode this Fall.

Especially since nothing else is in production right now. There will be no new movies, no new shows, no sports.

I can't see something like immunity certificates coming into play. For one thing, it will probable be a couple years before they really know if the antibodies really work or how long they work. It could turn out that a person with antibodies easily fights off the virus but can still transmit it for a period after exposure. Then there is the civil rights issue and bureaucratic nightmare involved in using the certificate to essentially give some rights that others would not have. I don't see this happening.
number of the beast and all that ... apocalyptic end of times and such

Especially since nothing else is in production right now. There will be no new movies, no new shows, no sports.
Haha, like that means anything in this day and age. There’s more content produced in the last 5 years than you could watch in a lifetime. No new shows? Finally, I can catch up on the 4,000 episodes of all those shows people tell me I have to see!

Or more likely: Virus is gone? Screw the TV, I gotta get the F out this place! Road trip.

Haha, like that means anything in this day and age. There’s more content produced in the last 5 years than you could watch in a lifetime. No new shows? Finally, I can catch up on the 4,000 episodes of all those shows people tell me I have to see!

Or more likely: Virus is gone? Screw the TV, I gotta get the F out this place! Road trip.
Sure tons of stuff has been made but most of it is trash or unless you like every genre of tv show you can tear through most of it in no time. Especially if you have already spent a couple hours a day watching shows you like.

Wouldn't be so bad but my pc conked out right before all this started so I cant even play video games.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back