Guest viewing is limited

Titans Talk - Home for all things Tennessee Titans

Status
Not open for further replies.
If it matters, much like Vrabel to HC after 1 season as not a great DC in Houston, this guy had the #9 passing offense by yards last year. it’s only 1 year, difficult to judge positive or negative.

going back to UNLV though, a QB with 1800 yards and 10 TDs really points to more a running offense. They averaged 33.5 runs per game vs 30.5 pass att per game.

good news if it means Henry comes back.

If it matters, much like Vrabel to HC after 1 season as not a great DC in Houston, this guy had the #9 passing offense by yards last year. it’s only 1 year, difficult to judge positive or negative.
i get he was the "passing game coordinator" but he was only there for 1 year and he wasn't the offensive-minded HC or the OC so giving him so much credit for that seems silly

I'm going to pretend you didn't say that
tenor.gif

Not an exciting hire, for sure. Would have preferred a look at Kliff Kingsbury or to get someone with no connection to Callahan, so it can be a completely different perspective and scheme.

That said, it's not necessarily a bad thing to have a connection and be able to see the potential in someone. BC deserves the benefit of doubt, at least until he "Vrabels" it. Even Vrabel had some hits. Pees was a relationship. Remember he also wanted Ryan Day as OC before LeFlur. Day decided to stay at OSU (probably because he knew he was in line to be the HC), but looking at it now, that probably would have turned out to be a good hire. Even though we were all hating on it.

Last edited by a moderator:
Guys, it's going to be BC's offense not Holtz. Holtz will do the job BC did in Cincy, put in the offensive plan for the week, given to him by BC. He stated that he was calling the plays, not Holtz.

I might be in the minority here, but I didn't care who the new OC was going to be since BC will be calling the plays.
I was going to say the same thing. This OC hire isn't nearly as important as it would have been under Vrabel because BC is going to be calling plays.

i get he was the "passing game coordinator" but he was only there for 1 year and he wasn't the offensive-minded HC or the OC so giving him so much credit for that seems silly
Not sure what credit he’s been given.
Has anyone specifically noted that this was a great hire even?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back