Guest viewing is limited

Titans Talk - Home for all things Tennessee Titans

Status
Not open for further replies.

First move I feel luke warm on (little lackluster) ; but the Ravens DB coach as our DC and of course Cally’s Pops (regarded as one of the best O-line coaches in the league) both are good gets!

Usually I am glass half empty with this franchise but with the amount of changes - I am staying cautiously optimistic; got to see it all gel first - plus it doesn’t sound like the OC will have that much power anyways.

Meanwhile, Liam Coen, the OC at Kentucky during Levis' best year goes to Tampa. Missed a golden opportunity for a reunion in Nashville.

Meanwhile, Liam Coen, the OC at Kentucky during Levis' best year goes to Tampa. Missed a golden opportunity for a reunion in Nashville.
Kentucky has been trash, and Levi’s didn’t exactly light it up his last year or two there. Titans didn’t need him, let Callahan work with Levis

He needs to learn to play in the NFL. Hard to see how his college coach is going to teach him that.

The "reunion" always sounds good to some fans but not successful NFL QB has needed their college coach in the NFL.

He needs to learn to play in the NFL. Hard to see how his college coach is going to teach him that.

The "reunion" always sounds good to some fans but not successful NFL QB has needed their college coach in the NFL.
Well, he did coach at the Rams for a few years. He’s the Buc’s OC now. But, I agree that a solid NFL coach will fit the bill nicely.

Not an exciting hire, for sure. Would have preferred a look at Kliff Kingsbury or to get someone with no connection to Callahan, so it can be a completely different perspective and scheme.

That said, it's not necessarily a bad thing to have a connection and be able to see the potential in someone. BC deserves the benefit of doubt, at least until he "Vrabels" it. Even Vrabel had some hits. Pees was a relationship. Remember he also wanted Ryan Day as OC before LeFlur. Day decided to stay at OSU (probably because he knew he was in line to be the HC), but looking at it now, that probably would have turned out to be a good hire. Even though we were all hating on it.

Kliff Kingsbury withdraws from Raiders OC consideration after contract talks break down

I’m fine with the hire, this is Cally’s offense and he’s calling the plays. He’s needs someone he can trust and someone he knows that can communicate the offense to the rest of the coaching staff and players.

At least we know nobody is going to snatch him like Lafleur or Art Smith. We're going to have 2 years to judge him.

I think a first time raw HC needs to make a better splash at OC than this. But only time will tell.

I think BC is essentially our OC.

BC needs to be careful with his hires. Still think raw HC needs to hire a veteran DC or OC and neither was done.

Super raw GM, QB, HC, DC and OC. Let's hope we're on the better end.

OCs that dont call plays dont move to HC do they?

I mean truly just glorified quality control guy

WTFever a quality control guy is

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back