Guest viewing is limited

Titans Talk - Home for all things Tennessee Titans

Status
Not open for further replies.
Do people not realize that established OCs do not want a job where they don't get to call the plays?? You were never going to get a big name. We have to snap out of Madden thinking. This is actually a great hire due to their familiarity with each other.

Best news of the day is we got either one of or the best o-line coach in the NFL. And this team needs it. We have not had a good o-line coach since Munchak

I don’t know why people get bent out of shape when coaches hire someone they are familiar with and share a philosophy with. It seems counterproductive to hire someone who has an opposing philosophy.

I don’t know why people get bent out of shape when coaches hire someone they are familiar with and share a philosophy with. It seems counterproductive to hire someone who has an opposing philosophy.
Everyone's "philosophy" is to win. The benefit of hiring someone from a different "system", is you can collaborate and get creative with new strategies. Adapt. When everyone comes from the same system or their experts in the same strategies, that's how you end up doing the same thing over and over even when it's not effective.

For people wondering why there need to be programs to encourage minority hiring in the NFL its because so many are like Brian Calahan and hire their buddies and family members.

Dude, his dad is literally one of the best OL coaches in the game and was a pretty bright offensive mind in his own right.

And there was zero chance we were getting an established OC to step into a position where he won't be calling plays. Callahan wants complete control of the offense play calling without someone rocking the boat in the background. So he essentially hired a figure head that he trusts to help gameplan the way he wants it to be done.

he was callahans qb... in highschool
Incorrect. Brian Callahan was the backup QB to Matt Gutierrez (who went on to Michigan and then the NFL) at football juggernaut high school De La Salle. Holz was a wide receiver. Maurice Jones Drew was the running back. They won something like 10 consecutive national championships. That place was an NFL factory.

Yeah, there is no downside this hire, except for the fact that I will have to look at this dude’s face all of the time now.

After a few hours to digest this, I think Callahan has nailed every hiring up to this point. He knows Holz and knows what he brings to the table even if we don't. We may be presently surprised with him.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back