Titans Talk - Home for all things Tennessee Titans

Status
Not open for further replies.
2023 moves
Release Taylor Lewan - save $14.8m
Release Robert Woods - save $13.7m
Release Ryan Tannehill (post June 1) - save $17.4m
Release Derrick Henry (post June 1) - save $5.2m

Spend money and draft capital on OL and WR.
Replace Downing.
The Malik/Burks era begins.

View attachment 19971

Big fan of Lewan, he’s been truly great here. Definitely one of the Titans best draft picks. But it really seems like it’s time for him to move on. Solidifying the line has to be a priority going forward. Extending Davis, possibly moving Brewer to Center and keeping NPF takes care of 3 spots long term.

Big fan of Lewan, he’s been truly great here. Definitely one of the Titans best draft picks. But it really seems like it’s time for him to move on. Solidifying the line has to be a priority going forward. Extending Davis, possibly moving Brewer to Center and keeping NPF takes care of 3 spots long term.

giphy.gif

2023 moves

Replace Downing.

View attachment 19971
Hopefully JRob can land on those 3-4 first round picks in the top 5 for the “era”.
No issue with the top 4 going, holding on Henry, I’d don’t think he’s done. Autry has been excellent mixed with big Jeff, Byard is still good, but for that 3-4 year rebuild window, does t make sense to keep him at that price.

Welp it's official, our 2023 12th pick will be spent on a LT from Western Wyoming who just converted to LT this year from FB.

Hopefully JRob can land on those 3-4 first round picks in the top 5 for the “era”.
No issue with the top 4 going, holding on Henry, I’d don’t think he’s done. Autry has been excellent mixed with big Jeff, Byard is still good, but for that 3-4 year rebuild window, does t make sense to keep him at that price.
I want to see Henry with a bona fide Offensive Line.

titans have in the past played as well or better without lewan who i feel has been overrated and pumped up since he got here. Also takes some really bad penalties I feel the backup will be just as good

2023 moves

Replace Downing.

View attachment 19971
the fact that Tanny needed some calming down time with the coaches tells me his days as a starter are numbered. He can certainly see the tea-leaves on this one

Injuries
Penalties
Piss poor play

Yeah I definitely won't lose any sleep over Lewan being done with us.

Just hope to God someone can fill in nicely because I don't want to have to see JRob draft a LT with our 1st in next years draft.

Injuries
Penalties
Piss poor play

Yeah I definitely won't lose any sleep over Lewan being done with us.

Just hope to God someone can fill in nicely because I don't want to have to see JRob draft a LT with our 1st in next years draft.
Maybe NPF moves to LT and we get a decent RT somewhere

That will just be playing ring around the roses with a super important unit and therefore that will be just like throwing in the towel for the season this early.
Sorry, I'm talking next year ..this year I think they stick with Daley at LT and take our lumps as crappy as that is

I am not sure you do not move rookie to LT. And hope Radunz can play right tackle
Radunz was rated as a better G at the time of the draft...I think we draft a RT, just hope JRob is not involved

In hindsight we should have kept Conklin and moved on from Lewan

Or signed Leatherwood to play RT??

Injuries
Penalties
Piss poor play

Injuries are injuries. Not much you can do about them.
Lewan had 4 total penalties last year. Penalties haven't been a problem since 2019.
He's still the best option we have at LT.

But I agree, his Titans time is likely over with a caphit like that.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back