Guest viewing is limited

Titans Talk - Home for all things Tennessee Titans

Status
Not open for further replies.
Im a huge app state fan. Graduated from there in 2012. That's a winning program and he comes with that same attitude. Great kid in locker room and extremely hard worker. Got better every year. Great pass catcher. Not the greatest pass blocker but he will put in the work that's for sure

I heard him interviewed a few weeks ago and that totally sold me on the guy.

You have to have a soldier’s back up RB and Henry might be gone next year, so you need his replacement. This draft is about the future primarily and not about immediate improvement.

Agree that the draft is about the future. Totally. But my future is different than yours. I expect Henry to be the workhorse around here for 7 years. In your future Henry leaves after 1 year.

Henry sticks we don't need a 2nd round pick backing him up. We can't just let that guy walk because of money when he's carry the load of our success. We could let a 5th round pick back him up. Just don't like drafting anticipating a failed future when the current situation is so strong. But we do have enough holes that some of the early picks will need to start next year.

Last edited by a moderator:
Agree that the draft is about the future. But my future is different than yours. I expect Henry to be the workhorse around here for 7 years. In your future Henry leaves after 1 year. Henry sticks we don't need a 2nd round pick backing him up. We could let a 5th round pick back him up. Just don't like drafting anticipating a failed future when the current situation is so strong.

1) Evans was a late 3rd round pick.
2) Every team needs a good backup rb(especially a running team)
3) Having a pass catching 3rd down back is always beneficial.
4) You need good returners and this guy will definitely be a good return man.
5) Nobody's talking about this guy replacing Henry. Chill.

Also, i love your optimism about Henry, but 7 years? That's a little too optimistic my guy

Last edited by a moderator:
Agree that the draft is about the future. Totally. But my future is different than yours. I expect Henry to be the workhorse around here for 7 years. In your future Henry leaves after 1 year.

Henry sticks we don't need a 2nd round pick backing him up. We can't just let that guy walk because of money when he's carry the load of our success. We could let a 5th round pick back him up. Just don't like drafting anticipating a failed future when the current situation is so strong. But we do have enough holes that some of the early picks will need to start next year.

7 years? That’s crazy! If we get 3 more productive years out of him than we’re very lucky. But this kid is not Henry’s replacement!

1) Evans was a late 3rd round pick.
2) Every team needs a good backup rb(especially a running team)
3) Having a pass catching 3rd down back is always beneficial.
4) You need good returners and this guy will definitely be a good return man.
5) Nobody's talking about this guy replacing Henry. Chill.

Also, i love your optimism about Henry, but 7 years? That's a little too optimistic my guy
Agree, Henry is not playing 7 more years, he's a physical 26 year old RB.

I think the fact that Dillion and Vaughn went earlier in the 3rd and that we didn’t pick again until the late 5th played a part in the pick, but I honestly thought he would be drafted before those other guys...in the draft prediction thread I guessed that we would actually trade to early 3rd and take him

Don't like the pick. Even if he's cj2k, what is the point. All that does is take Henry off the field. Henry is the feature back and he already runs like a gazelle. We should be trying to get him the ball more. Not less. Draft starters. Not bench player this early. If we are effective and we are hitting on all cyclinders, he only gets 2-3 touches a game at most.
We want Henry to last, and also hes only under contract for this year right now

Still think giving up an 5th for Breida would've been a better chouce.
I like breida too and was hoping we would sign him in free agency. But trading a 5th for a 1 yr 3.5m contract on a guy with an injury history longer than most in the league instead of drafting Evans in the 3rd and having him on a cheap deal for 4 years would have been the wrong move..... imo

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back