Guest viewing is limited

Titans Talk - Home for all things Tennessee Titans

Status
Not open for further replies.
His speed and explosiveness will translate. He return a kick for a TD against Penn State and made them look just as slow as the guys in the sun belt

His speed and explosiveness will translate. He return a kick for a TD against Penn State and made them look just as slow as the guys in the sun belt

I agree, the more I look at him the more I love this pick. Dude has some serious wheels and is really elusive along with looking suprer natural. Can't wait to see what he does this season.

I watched tape on two games:
  • Against South Carolina: Really impressed here. He was harder to bring down that I was led to believe from scouting reports which was nice
  • Against Louisiana: Not impressed. Also not impressed with how he was being used, play of the OL or QB play, all of which I think hurt him. I later read that Crabbs called this as his worst performance of the season
Being a KR is not that big to me, those guys are a dime a dozen. PR are the ones who are hard to get. He has a number of tackles, which I hope means he can cover kicks and punts too.

Dude looks like someone who will never be an every down guy, but he could be a good CoP, third down type guy. He seems to pick up the blitz well and has good hands, though they did not pass much to him.

I would have gone with Eno Benjamin in this role, but considering how much Eno dropped there must be issues there.

1) Evans was a late 3rd round pick.
2) Every team needs a good backup rb(especially a running team)
3) Having a pass catching 3rd down back is always beneficial.
4) You need good returners and this guy will definitely be a good return man.
5) Nobody's talking about this guy replacing Henry. Chill.

Also, i love your optimism about Henry, but 7 years? That's a little too optimistic my guy
I think he was saying till his 7th year nit 7 years starting from last year. I could see him staying productive till 2022.

If that was what he was saying.

Q: WHICH RUNNING BACK HAS THE HIGHEST BREAKOUT RATING OF ALL TIME?
Trent Richardson

That's where I stopped.
Look at the rest of the list. And Richardson did "breakout" according to the models definition. That list of highest breakout ratings is full of the best RBs weve seen in recent history and about 3-4 that didnt cut it.

Looking at the above video I'm sure the numbers are inflated, because that's a Tecmo Bowl type of difference in skill levels. It's like he's playing against high school kids, and the first plays are just too easy.

But then at 1:17 we get this:

3za7rp.gif

That is some good running between the tackles, and some great YAC. I likes it.

I watched tape on two games:
  • Against South Carolina: Really impressed here. He was harder to bring down that I was led to believe from scouting reports which was nice
  • Against Louisiana: Not impressed. Also not impressed with how he was being used, play of the OL or QB play, all of which I think hurt him. I later read that Crabbs called this as his worst performance of the season
Being a KR is not that big to me, those guys are a dime a dozen. PR are the ones who are hard to get. He has a number of tackles, which I hope means he can cover kicks and punts too.

Dude looks like someone who will never be an every down guy, but he could be a good CoP, third down type guy. He seems to pick up the blitz well and has good hands, though they did not pass much to him.

I would have gone with Eno Benjamin in this role, but considering how much Eno dropped there must be issues there.
The Louisiana game was by far the worst performance that I saw. I watched several others, and he jumped off the screen a few times in each. LA was really stacking him in the box and going after him in the backfield like teams did to us before Tannehill took over. I was really impressed with the defensive strategy and effort, they played them better than SC or NC and wouldn't allow them to get the run game going at all. I see they won 11 games, I'd be looking at Napier as a HC candidate at one of the power 5 schools, if the season even happens

Finally got around to watching him. I watched UNC and South Carolina. A lot of things to like; good balance, obviously fast, decisive, looks to be situationally smart with knowing where the first down marker is. The bad is pass protection. He is downright soft in pass pro. Correctable. He just needs to want to do it. His effort without the ball in his hands is below average too. There were definitely a few times he hung his QB out to dry by just jogging as a check down when the QB was running for his life.

Finally got around to watching him. I watched UNC and South Carolina. A lot of things to like; good balance, obviously fast, decisive, looks to be situationally smart with knowing where the first down marker is. The bad is pass protection. He is downright soft in pass pro. Correctable. He just needs to want to do it. His effort without the ball in his hands is below average too. There were definitely a few times he hung his QB out to dry by just jogging as a check down when the QB was running for his life.
Plenty there to like tho. And has traits you cant coach

Plenty there to like tho. And has traits you cant coach
Definitely. He was a third round pick because he has holes in his game. His deficiencies can be fixed if he wants to fix them though. Exactly the kind of guy you hope to land at that point in the draft, and a position of need to boot.

Good points about the pass protection.

But other than a partially torn acl in 2016, and the same in 2017---and a capsule injury to this throwing shoulder in 2018---tannehill has shown that he can take a hit, at least until something tears.

Plus, Vrabel doesn't seem like the spiteful type.

giphy-downsized-large.gif

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back