Guest viewing is limited

Titans Talk - Home for all things Tennessee Titans

Status
Not open for further replies.
Yeah, excuse me, the fact that he couldn’t get anything done in real games is why he wasn’t brought back.

You might find this shocking but whoever is the 4th, 5th and 6th WRs this year probably won't get much done in real games either. Especially if they use Firkser as essentially the slot receiver.

options:
'Dez Fitzpatrick
Racey Mcmath
Nick Westbrook Ikinhe
Marcus Johnson
Chester Rodgers
Fred Brown
Mason Kinsey
Cameron Batson
Kalija Lipscomb'

Behind the BIG 3:

4- McMath (whose been out performing Dez in camp, by all accounts)

5- Dez (4th round pick and the first WR they selected - it will look bad if they cut him this quickly without real game action)

6- Johnson (The most improved of the bunch in camp by all accounts)

7 - Batson (Showed flashes at times as a returner and he's been around on the big league squad more than these other guys - maybe that's a leg up?)

PS

They just wont let Mason Kinsey go - 2 stints, must be something they like there.
Chester Rogers I think will sneak on as well - also good things with him @ camp.

Last edited by a moderator:
options:
'Dez Fitzpatrick
Racey Mcmath
Nick Westbrook Ikinhe
Marcus Johnson
Chester Rodgers
Fred Brown
Mason Kinsey
Cameron Batson
Kalija Lipscomb'

Behind the BIG 3:

4- McMath (whose been out performing Dez in camp, by all accounts)

5- Dez (4th round pick and the first WR they selected - it will look bad if they cut him this quickly without real game action)

6- Johnson (The most improved of the bunch in camp by all accounts)

7 - Batson (Showed flashes at times as a returner and he's been around on the big league squad more than these other guys - maybe that's a leg up?)

PS

They just wont let Mason Kinsey go - 2 stints, must be something they like there.
Chester Rogers I think will sneak on as well - also good things with him @ camp.
This makes a lot of sense, except they really like Westbrook Ikinhe too.

This makes a lot of sense, except they really like Westbrook Ikinhe too.

yeah I’m not hating they obviously know more than we all do ; but Westbrook didn’t show much when he played last year. Separation? Etc I mean the makings of a bottom of the depth WR and when your competing against a bunch of the same types…

Raymond wasn't cut. He was a FA and signed with the Lions.

So did you not see this post or did you just not believe it?... he was cut, cleared waivers, and made it to the practice squad.

I'm not talking about this year, which keeps being brought up to fit narratives...

Marcus Johnson and Racey McMath will follow the same path imo as Khalif did in 2019.
View attachment 18542

Source: Wikipedia. "Khalif Raymond"

Marcus Johnson isnt making the team
Everyone who covers the Titans says he's been the best WR out there outside of AJ (not enough practice for Julio to include him). It sounds like he's WR 3 right now. Some are even suggesting that Reynolds may not make the team.

As it stands right now it sounds like its:

AJ
Julio
Marcus Johnson
Chester Rogers

Then 2-3 from this group: Reynolds, Fitzpatrick, McMath, Batson, Westbrook-Ikena.

Everyone who covers the Titans says he's been the best WR out there outside of AJ (not enough practice for Julio to include him). It sounds like he's WR 3 right now. Some are even suggesting that Reynolds may not make the team.

As it stands right now it sounds like its:

AJ
Julio
Marcus Johnson
Chester Rogers

Then 2-3 from this group: Reynolds, Fitzpatrick, McMath, Batson, Westbrook-Ikena.

Reynolds isn't getting cut his contract is worth 1.75 mil and is guaranteed

Reynolds will be fine and he will be the number 3. I expect him to have a very nice year with A.J and Julio getting the attention. Fitz will make the team and McMath (special teams). I would think Johnson and Rodgers. If we keep 7

AJ
Julio
Reynolds
Johnson
Rogers
Fitzpatrick
McMath

7 WR...haven't heard much about Fitzpatrick which is worrisome as he was a 4th rounder.

Normally a 4th round pick would be pretty safe but if the 6th round guy is playing better as a WR and can also be real solid on STs I'd not hesitate, with Johnson and Rogers looking good, to take a chance cutting Fitz and hoping he can clear for the PS. Keep the rookie you have the most confidence in and who can contribute. At this point Fitz is going to be nothing more than a bench warmer who isn't active on Sundays anyway. Guys like Rogers and Johnson might really be quality depth and potentially as good or better than Reynolds. If a 4th round pick can't be in the top 7 take your loss, be thankful a 6th round pick is better than expected and keep guys like Rogers who can play.

Lavelle Hawkins was a 4th.
Made the team but was garbage including a roster w/ Justin Gage as the “#1” guy.

I remember mostly because I thought Hawkins was gonna be good. Sadly he was not.

I thought Hawkins could be something as well but apparently he had a empty head and poor work ethic. IMO if he had worked hard and had a few IQ points above 75 he could have been a top 3 WR on someone's roster. Those were the days when the Titans picked about 100 3rd through 6th round WRs that never amounted nothing better than bench warmers. We finally picked Kenny Britt and I thought we broke through but his IQ was lower than Hawkins.

I thought Hawkins could be something as well but apparently he had a empty head and poor work ethic. IMO if he had worked hard and had a few IQ points above 75 he could have been a top 3 WR on someone's roster. Those were the days when the Titans picked about 100 3rd through 6th round WRs that never amounted nothing better than bench warmers. We finally picked Kenny Britt and I thought we broke through but his IQ was lower than Hawkins.
Man, those days were such a struggle in the passing game. Justin Gage as a #1 is pathetic looking back.

Sadly, we're reliving the same thing now, except at pass rush instead of WR.

I keep thinking, "what if we could add the defense from the 2008 season to the current Titans team?"

Man, those days were such a struggle in the passing game. Justin Gage as a #1 is pathetic looking back.

Sadly, we're reliving the same thing now, except at pass rush instead of WR.

I keep thinking, "what if we could add the defense from the 2008 season to the current Titans team?"
Probably could. I’m sure every single player from that 2008 team is available currently.

Normally a 4th round pick would be pretty safe but if the 6th round guy is playing better as a WR and can also be real solid on STs I'd not hesitate, with Johnson and Rogers looking good, to take a chance cutting Fitz and hoping he can clear for the PS. Keep the rookie you have the most confidence in and who can contribute. At this point Fitz is going to be nothing more than a bench warmer who isn't active on Sundays anyway. Guys like Rogers and Johnson might really be quality depth and potentially as good or better than Reynolds. If a 4th round pick can't be in the top 7 take your loss, be thankful a 6th round pick is better than expected and keep guys like Rogers who can play.
while I agree... PS guys are available to all 32 teams.

zero chance he would last on the PS IMO

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back