Guest viewing is limited

Titans Talk - Home for all things Tennessee Titans

Status
Not open for further replies.

archived

Prospect
LEGEND
Moola
We know that we went through last season with Woodside as the backup QB. I wasn't that worried about it because I thought that Woodside had looked decent in the limited action that he had. This yr he has looked like hot garbage. Maybe it is just that he is playing with the 3rd string players, but we all know that he is not the future at QB for the Titans. His biggest value is running the scout team offense each week. He does not have much real game experience.

I would like to see us bring in a vet who has game experience and could also give Mallik another experienced guy to learn from.

I'm looking at the Bills....do they really keep Case Keenum and Matt Barkley behind Josh Allen??? Also wondering whether the Steelers keep Mason Rudolph with Pickett looking good so far.

I would gladly take either of those 3 if they become available.

We know that we went through last season with Woodside as the backup QB. I wasn't that worried about it because I thought that Woodside had looked decent in the limited action that he had. This yr he has looked like hot garbage. Maybe it is just that he is playing with the 3rd string players, but we all know that he is not the future at QB for the Titans. His biggest value is running the scout team offense each week. He does not have much real game experience.

I would like to see us bring in a vet who has game experience and could also give Mallik another experienced guy to learn from.

I'm looking at the Bills....do they really keep Case Keenum and Matt Barkley behind Josh Allen??? Also wondering whether the Steelers keep Mason Rudolph with Pickett looking good so far.

I would gladly take either of those 3 if they become available.
Mason Rudolph is straight trash
Didn’t we already kick the tires onMatt Barkley? He didn’t stick

Mason Rudolph is straight trash
Didn’t we already kick the tires onMatt Barkley? He didn’t stick
Yep. Barkley “lost” to woodside already.

Just keep Willis. If the titans go to #2 QB, the season is sunk. At least with Willis he gets game time experience and potentially shows what the future could be.

There will be some decent backups cut soon. Insee us signing one. I do not believe willis will be number 2. He will be our 3 IMO. Woodside is gone

From what I have seen thus far in the pre-season, I'd like to see us sign another back-up as well. Needs to be someone better than Woodside. I really don't want to see Malik playing any extensive time this year. He has a long way to go with his development and I don't want to see it rushed.

Development is what you do in College Football. When you draft a QB in the third round (folks argue he slipped), he should be able to play NFL football. When I questioned how you can expect a third rounder to lead you to a Superbowl, I got folks throwing names like Russell Wilson out there. Does he look like Russell Wilson to you?

Development is what you do in College Football. When you draft a QB in the third round (folks argue he slipped), he should be able to play NFL football. When I questioned how you can expect a third rounder to lead you to a Superbowl, I got folks throwing names like Russell Wilson out there. Does he look like Russell Wilson to you?
I somewhat disagree with the first part of your post. Sure, players develop in college football, but it is a different game and Malik Willis was not in an offense that translates to the pro game.

Josh Allen was straight trash his first year. Trey Lance barely played last year because he wasn't ready, and everyone is pimping him up now. Both were taken top 7 in the draft. Lamar Jackson also struggled a good bit year 1, especially in the playoffs.

The point to take from this is that if you come from a small school, running a gimmicky offense, odds are you aren't gonna be NFL ready year 1.

Russell Wilson was a 4 year starter in college and was one of the most efficient QBs in the country his entire career. He fell largely because of his size. If he were 6'2 with the same skill set and resume, he would have went 1st round easily.

Josh Allen is the dream for Malik. Hopefully he can reach something close to it. If he pans out, he is literal gold, as we could build an elite team around him with the money saved.

Last edited by a moderator:
From the article. I seriously debate “successes”

The successes
Neil O’Donnell, 1990-2003
Brian Griese, 1998-2008
Chris Redman*, 2000-2011
Josh McCown, 2002-2019
Matt Schaub, 2004-2020
Nick Foles, 2012-Present
Russell Wilson, 2012-Present
Jacoby Brissett, 2016-Present
Davis Mills*, 2021-Present