Guest viewing is limited

Titans Talk - Home for all things Tennessee Titans

Status
Not open for further replies.
Those are the best from the third, let that sink in
Missing Joe Montana as a 3rd. BUT… we are talking exceptions to the rule here. Most 3rd rounders are scrubs and maybe decent back-ups. Cody Carlson was a 3rd and a solid back-up to Moon for years. Rarely see those cats start though.

Missing Joe Montana as a 3rd. BUT… we are talking exceptions to the rule here. Most 3rd rounders are scrubs and maybe decent back-ups. Cody Carlson was a 3rd and a solid back-up to Moon for years. Rarely see those cats start though.

They only went back to 1990, 32 years

It's weird to me that everyone is so hyped up on Trey Lance but Willis slipped to the third round and now isn't capable of being a backup?

Make it make sense.

It's weird to me that everyone is so hyped up on Trey Lance but Willis slipped to the third round and now isn't capable of being a backup?

Make it make sense.
It’s weird to me the media hype on Lance. Not sure what he’s done to deserve any of that.
I’m pretty sure when SF sucks this year because he’s not any good, they’ll turn on him quickly.
it’s like Alex Smith at least the beginning. SF messed up by ever letting him go. Best QB they’ve had since at least Jeff Garcia if not going further back to Steve Young.

It’s weird to me the media hype on Lance. Not sure what he’s done to deserve any of that.
I’m pretty sure when SF sucks this year because he’s not any good, they’ll turn on him quickly.
it’s like Alex Smith at least the beginning. SF messed up by ever letting him go. Best QB they’ve had since at least Jeff Garcia if not going further back to Steve Young.
I mean I get the hype, he's got a cannon and is quite mobile. But they've been elite whenever Jimmy g is healthy. Tough to pull the plug on that imo.

I mean I get the hype, he's got a cannon and is quite mobile. But they've been elite whenever Jimmy g is healthy. Tough to pull the plug on that imo.
I think they’re D (just like ours) doesn’t get the credit they deserve. Jimmy G is a generally safe QB. He’s not great by any means but he doesn’t turn the ball over a lot.

as far as lance, great arm, can move? I believe I’ve heard this story before. Doesn’t deserve any hype. Nothing of substance (production throughout a season) shown that has earned him any hype.

I think they’re D (just like ours) doesn’t get the credit they deserve. Jimmy G is a generally safe QB. He’s not great by any means but he doesn’t turn the ball over a lot.

as far as lance, great arm, can move? I believe I’ve heard this story before. Doesn’t deserve any hype. Nothing of substance (production throughout a season) shown that has earned him any hype.
Yeah I get what you're saying and I agree for the most part. I just don't see what separates him from Willis

Yeah I get what you're saying and I agree for the most part. I just don't see what separates him from Willis
Draft position. That’s it so far as I can tell.

and that in its own right is BS to base anything off of. We see busts and steals every year. Doesn’t matter how high someone gets picked til they perform. The higher the get drafted, the higher the expectation but does not mean the better the capability to perform at the NFL level, specifically with QBs since they get overhyped every year at the combine which gets them drafted way higher than they should. That trend may have actually been what caused Willis to drop.

Make it make sense.
Willis will get better. How much better remains to be seen because the learning curve is steep. He did himself no favors by transferring to Liberty. He shouldn’t be the back up THIS year. Maybe next year. When Trey Lance is consistent, I’ll support the hype. Until then, all the guys who can run like deer and throw a mile but can’t process defenses are only going to beat the sub-500 teams. Just like VY did. The great teams will eat their lunches.

Still waiting for some examples of raw (IE, not good) QBs who came in to the NFL and "developed" in to successful starting QBs.

Anyone?

Still waiting for some examples of raw (IE, not good) QBs who came in to the NFL and "developed" in to successful starting QBs.

Anyone?
Josh Allen may apply here. Raw and after his first year I thought he would never be a to tier guy. Then last year happened…

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back