Guest viewing is limited

Titans Talk - Home for all things Tennessee Titans

Status
Not open for further replies.
Y'all quit bustin' Willis's chops. We're leaning on our run game as usual, even with Tannehill. IF RT goes down, we'll TE the chit out of throws, maybe a downfield and using Willis like a Lamar Jackson to get by. He's struggling right now because they are TEACHING him something new that he hasn't done. We won't do that if we are relying on him to win games. They'll design plays/scheme to his strength.

Calm the F down. People. Now, Woodside- he doesn't have any natural skills and he apparently can't even game manage. He can hit the f-in bricks.

And in regards to holding the ball chart above, he is also at the top of target distance yards. So he's throwing downfield. The guys on the bottom right (short yardage delays) are the real chits on holding the ball.

Y'all quit bustin' Willis's chops. We're leaning on our run game as usual, even with Tannehill. IF RT goes down, we'll TE the chit out of throws, maybe a downfield and using Willis like a Lamar Jackson to get by. He's struggling right now because they are TEACHING him something new that he hasn't done. We won't do that if we are relying on him to win games. They'll design plays/scheme to his strength.

Calm the F down. People. Now, Woodside- he doesn't have any natural skills and he apparently can't even game manage. He can hit the f-in bricks.

And in regards to holding the ball chart above, he is also at the top of target distance yards. So he's throwing downfield. The guys on the bottom right (short yardage delays) are the real chits on holding the ball.
I’m in the middle on this one. Woodside is poor and I have always thought so. Willis is miles away from being ready and I wish the FO would be more proactive than reactive at the most important position on the team. If Tannehill goes down we would then sign a capable back up. I wish we had groomed one a few years ago. We are equally screwed if Woodside or Willis have to start.

Woodside will be cut, he's hot garbage. Willis should be the #2, in today's NFL you can't maintain a roster with 3 Quarterbacks.

Arm talent+elite athleticism >Game management.

Is possible to learn how to manage a game.But is impossible to teach talent.

Wills should be our numer 2.

Yeah, it seems pretty clear that Willis is getting all these reps and playing time to get him up to speed quickly so he can be #2.

If they put Woodside on practice squad, probably won't lose him.

Willis would be gone on PS. Too much potential.

Not gonna carry 3.

Arm talent+elite athleticism >Game management.

Is possible to learn how to manage a game.But is impossible to teach talent.

Wills should be our numer 2.
Disagree if we’re talking about ability to help a team win the SB.
Game manager > a strong arm and ability to run around.

of course the best QBs can do both.

Tbh who cares who the backup is? Willis isn't ready, but he's not going anywhere so he's likely the backup because we aren't going to carry three QB's. We're fucked if tanne goes down. Same goes for most teams if their starter goes down for a substantial period of time.

McNab wasn't really raw, Favre sure was though

Willis is far more raw than any of those you mention
now we're arguing severity of "rawness"? How many "pro-ready" high draft picks bust? Most of them. It's a crap shoot either way. Nothing wrong with taking the gamble with a 3rd rounder instead of the 1st, even if statistically it's worse odds.

now we're arguing severity of "rawness"? How many "pro-ready" high draft picks bust? Most of them. It's a crap shoot either way. Nothing wrong with taking the gamble with a 3rd rounder instead of the 1st, even if statistically it's worse odds.
I do to think anyone was suggesting that drafting Willis was a bad move, it’s the calming of the hype train he’s got going so early on without doing anything to justify a hype train. If anything, hes played well enough the train should be slowing down.

It is a crap shoot either way lol

At best 40% of first round QBs are successful. Number declines significantly in subsequent rounds.

If I was GM, my starting QB would be a first round talent, and my backup would be a veteran with former starting experience. If you want to win championships, the guy that touches the ball on every down has to be elite. If he goes down, you need someone who's been there, done that.

I don't understand "project" QBs. What's the point?
By your criteria, Aaron Rogers would have been cut instead of being a backup. Same for Mahomes. Neither were starters and neither were vets. No place for them on your team?

By your criteria, Aaron Rogers would have been cut instead of being a backup. Same for Mahomes. Neither were starters and neither were vets. No place for them on your team?

Both Rodgers and Mahomes were first round picks. Neither were "project QBs".

Disagree if we’re talking about ability to help a team win the SB.
Game manager > a strong arm and ability to run around.

of course the best QBs can do both.
We change game plan to match Willi’s strengths if we have to rely on him. We’re going to run primarily with RT anyway.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back