Guest viewing is limited

Titans Talk - Home for all things Tennessee Titans

Status
Not open for further replies.
so now we have 2 #2 recievers in Bennett and Givens, and some youngsters? I don't see how this helps our team, I think we were all fooled by the productivity of the New England offense, remember, Tom Brady is good too, let's see how much fun he has chasing overthrows by Steve.

told ya anyone would be an upgrade to whats his name in Carolina - Spleentoupe, no ... Lungplugs, no ... Heartwig yeah thats it.

titanjay said:
I guess this pretty much leaves no chance of signing Hope too? Starkiller, what are the numbers?
I haven't seen any hard contract numbers. But let's assume for now that Thornton has just under a $2M cap value (~$6.5M SB/5 years + 585k) and Givens is just over $2M ($8M SB/5 + $585k). No clue what Mawae got, but let's say he's in the same ballpark (maybe $6M SB over 4 years plus the minimum this year).

If they have $6M in cap room tied up with those 3 guys, that would be the majority of the money we have to spend on free agents right now. But they can free up more fairly easily (not including McNair's contract)

I'll also add that simply by cutting Nickey and Bobby Wade, we will save $1.424M in cap room. Bulluck could renegotiate to save $3M. Kinney and Hentrich could renegotiate to save us about $500k each.

Not enough to keep him at that price. He's going to have to have a very good camp to stick, and I'm not convinced he'll even make it to camp.

Centers can play for a LONG time.

Does anyone remember the last time we could look forward to FA acquisitions?!? This offseason is bringing a LOT of Vet presence...I like it so far. These are 3 very solid acquisitions. No flash, just lunch-pail types. I love it! I don't even care who we draft right now, LOL!

(Okay, that last statement went a little too far...):))

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back