Guest viewing is limited

Titans Talk - Home for all things Tennessee Titans

Status
Not open for further replies.
Banshee2 said:
Centers can play for a LONG time.

Does anyone remember the last time we could look forward to FA acquisitions?!? This offseason is bringing a LOT of Vet presence...I like it so far. These are 3 very solid acquisitions. No flash, just lunch-pail types. I love it! I don't even care who we draft right now, LOL!

(Okay, that last statement went a little too far...):))

But it kinda hits the nail. The only current big need we have, is safety. The rest is covered and any upgrades would be amazing, but not necessary.

This years draft is not to clear our current needs, but to add young talent, to shape the future team. E.g. a young QB, a MLB and so on. Not players that makes an immidiate impact, but gets the time to learn the game without too much pressure.

It completely changes the complexion of the draft, IMHO. A good S can be had in the 2nd (I have started the "Daniel Bullocks Movement", which is similar to the "Allan Parsons Project", but different...), and everything else is depth...

Brian said:
Two very good signings.

Givens is a playmaker and a winner. Mawae is Bruce Matthews.

I agree. I wasn't sold on Givens originally, but I honestly don't think we need a "star" receiver. Givens is comparable in a lot of ways with DMase and he turned out pretty good. I think Givens and Bennett are a pretty good 1A and 1B, and combined with our depth at TE, we have more than enought targets.

Mawae shows that we aren't relying on "projects" to fix our offense like we have the last few years.

Tennessee, which finalized deals for LB David Thornton and WR David Givens, has helped itself in a big way. Thornton and Givens are hard-nosed players who go all out. Givens is a poor man’s Rod Smith and closer to a No. 1 receiver than Drew Bennett is. Both guys are possession-type pass catchers, but they block downfield and will make any offense better. Thornton played both OLB positions for the Colts. He’s best on the weak side but probably will stay at “Sam” with Peter Sirmon sliding inside. The Titans’ LB corps will be one of the best in the business.

http://www.profootballweekly.com/PFW/Commentary/Spins/2006/spins031406.htm

I think I could live with that. :)

Wow, did you catch the "Willie McGinnist" to Cleveland line? THAT'S interesting. The Browns might be something fierce this season.

Let's get something straight, the Titans are spending money, that alone should stand for something!! As a lifelong Oilers/Titans fan I am extremely excited about this. Do I think we will be playoff contenders, "NO" but, the optimism is there. Let's give Floyd and Jeff some credit, they are giving us a great outlook and doesn't look like they are ready to throw in the towel just yet. Go Titans!!!

thnom said:
I don't see his value personally. He's not particular fast, he's not particular good. He's not a big TD threat.. I dunno why he's getting that kind of money

Mason Wasnt All That But He Got The Job Done. Givens Has A lot More Potential Than Mason Did At The Same Age

Starkiller said:
Not enough to keep him at that price. He's going to have to have a very good camp to stick, and I'm not convinced he'll even make it to camp.

I think they'll stop at 6 WRs this year. Don't see how they'll justify keeping Wade, unless they think he'll outplay Roby/Williams/Calico together.

We will have Bennett, Givens, Calico, Williams, Roby.

Jones will be PUP or whatever and I doubt he will play much next season.

I think Wade will be gone and we will have a Undrafted Rookie as the #6...or OJ Small.

Puck said:
how 'bout QB ?
somebody has to take a snap next year ya know :brow:

Ah ha ha ha...

Or not :) . We've got 2 and will be drafting the 3rd. No biggie there.

Btw. Small is being shipped to Europe.

Givens is a decent WR, but we'll have to see how much of a role he'll play in the Titans' current offense.

I do like the Mawae signing a lot - I think it's a big upgrade to the OL.

#34 said:

True, but even with the best protection, I don't recall having much to rely on in the catching dept.

"McNair...fires to BENNEEETTT!!.....he dropped it."

That's music I can't dance to.

Toly said:
Givens is a decent WR, but we'll have to see how much of a role he'll play in the Titans' current offense.QUOTE]

Givens is more than a decent WR. He won't play a gigantic role, but he'll probably do more than our receivers last year did.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back