Guest viewing is limited

Titans Talk - Home for all things Tennessee Titans

Status
Not open for further replies.
Per ESPN, Simmons has 3 sacks and 1 run stuff. No way anybody who isn't a Titans/Miss State fan is picking him over dudes like Buckner and Chris Jones.

For him to get Pro Bowls in the future, we need to be dominant as a team unit and probably have someone get big sack numbers (so Simmons gets more credit as a disruptor).

"Robbed" is a bit strong.

Mahomes and Josh Allen were locks. Watson has just as much of a case to be made as Tannehill.

It's not a participation trophy. Not everyone gets selected.

Mahomes and Josh Allen were locks. Watson has just as much of a case to be made as Tannehill.

So true....

Mike Herndon

@MikeMiracles

·
18h

Ryan Tannehill is leading the highest scoring offense in the league and ranks top 5 in TDs, YPA, passer rating, QBR, *deep breath*, 4th qtr comebacks, game winning drives, DYAR, CPOE, DVOA. He’s also avoiding sacks and interceptions at an elite rate. If that ain’t a Pro Bowler...

So true....

Mike Herndon

@MikeMiracles

·
18h

Ryan Tannehill is leading the highest scoring offense in the league and ranks top 5 in TDs, YPA, passer rating, QBR, *deep breath*, 4th qtr comebacks, game winning drives, DYAR, CPOE, DVOA. He’s also avoiding sacks and interceptions at an elite rate. If that ain’t a Pro Bowler...
And then you look at Watson's stats and realize he has more yards, a higher completion %, a higher YPA, a higher passer rating, and the same number of game-winning drives with a much worse supporting cast.

They're both deserving, but there are only three spots. "Robbed" is an overstatement.

giphy.gif

So true....

Mike Herndon

@MikeMiracles

·
18h

And then you look at Watson's stats and realize he has more yards, a higher completion %, a higher YPA, a higher passer rating, and the same number of game-winning drives with a much worse supporting cast.

They're both deserving, but there are only three spots. "Robbed" is an overstatement.

giphy.gif

One is doing so on a "Run Heavy" Offensive team the other one is doing so on a "Pass Oriented" Offensive team.
I'm just ecstatic that my guy is producing at this level ...

One is doing so on a "Run Heavy" Offensive team the other one is doing so on a "Pass Oriented" Offensive team.
I'm just ecstatic that my guy is producing at this level ...
So are you saying Tannehill over Watson?

Just to be clear both are deserving.

giphy.gif
If we're saying they're pretty even in terms of production, I would argue the tie should go to the QB who has twice as many wins.

Also, garbage time stats don't impress me. Putting up the numbers Tannehill has and leading your team to wins is more impressive IMO.

If we're saying they're pretty even in terms of production, I would argue the tie should go to the QB who has twice as many wins.

Also, garbage time stats don't impress me. Putting up the numbers Tannehill has and leading your team to wins is more impressive IMO.
Or you could look at it as not a single defense has prepared for the Texans and thought, "We need to make stopping David and Duke Johnson the number 1 priority."

It's just the damn Pro Bowl, guys. It's not that serious...

Deshaun Watson. The GOAT in garbage time. But everybody buys into his stats that he is somehow elite and if he was just on a better team he would be winning Super Bowls. HE HAD THAT. Still lost games. Couldn’t win the big game. Texans fans blame everybody bust him. He had the best WR in the game in his prime in Hopkins. Nothing...Watson is good. But top 5? NOPE He will be a train wreck when his legs slow down and he can’t play street ball.

Or you could look at it as not a single defense has prepared for the Texans and thought, "We need to make stopping David and Duke Johnson the number 1 priority."

It's just the damn Pro Bowl, guys. It's not that serious...
It would be nice to have the single best QB season in Titans history actually be recognized by the league. I don't think that's too much for the fans to ask for.

But also you could look at it from the perspective that Watson doesn't have to share any of the stats or yardage with anyone else. He's the only thing they have. Does that make him that much more valuable than what Tannehill has done? Not really, just means he puts up more yardage because there's no one else to take up the slack.

There's a heap of snubs, Tannehill the top of the titans list for sure.

Buckner
Quinnen Williams
Cunningham
Hendricksen
Tonyan (Evan Engram...really?)
Tannehill
And many more

If williams and buckner didnt make, it, you cant seriously expect Simmons to.

This year. Typically that is exactly what a Pro Bowl selection is.

Mmm

disagree

Mahomes a lock, for sure.

RT and JA are imo, shoulda been locks. How Watson on a team, who is in no place to even be an outside shot of a wild card, given a spot in the pro bowl....it’s a travisty imo.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back