Titans Talk - Home for all things Tennessee Titans

Status
Not open for further replies.

archived

Prospect
LEGEND
Moola
By Jerome Powell

Who locks down the the DE spot opposite of KVB ? Travis Layboy ? Antwan Odom ?

Does Albert and KVB causing doubles make Travis or Odom fantasy sleepers ?

Who is the starter next to Haynsworth ? Does Jesse Mehelona have a shot at taking it over Starks ?

How much rotation will the Dline be doing ?

Are built to stop the running game ? all we have added is Mehelona and he may not be the starter.

With us being a run dominate team we want be blowing people and they will have time to run the ball against us. Or does us running the ball and controlling the TOP mean people want be throwing ?

Now that Thorton is here will the Titans use the linebackers to support the pass rush more ? Bulluck does a great job covering backs so we shud just let speedy Thorton run loose.

Has Stephen Tulloch looked good enough to be the middle linebacker ? How much potential. Compare to someone will ya ?

Has Peter Sirmons contract been redone ? Will he be kept ?

Are we good to go with the secondary ? Are we going after Law ?

Is Lowry gonna really challenge Thompson. Whats up with Fuller ?

Has Chris Hope brought anything to this team other than experience ?

Can he put up numbers like he did in Pitts ? Was he a system guy ?

Will our secondary be shut down or take away ? How do you think it will look ?

Will our defense finish in the top 15? :sad2:

To answer one of your questions: Is Chris Hope a system guy? Yes, all defensive players are system guys, especially when your defensive philosophy is to get as much pressure on the opposing QB, your secondary reaps the benefits because it shortens the amount of time they need to cover and increases the opportunity for mistakes.

Schwartz, that is why YOU suck!

I really ought to put a sarcasm note somewhere in my posts.

I like Travis LaBoy, if Odom can live up to his potential those 2 could do well rotating and you never know with Big Al. According to soem people on this forum, Jesse Mehelona is a good prospect, maybe he could take over that job from Starks, we'll see.................

I wouldn't say that he's the devil. I will say that he certainly didn't show anything last year to prove why he deserved to stay on the team. However, I have confidence in the coaches to see things we can't, and hope he'll show us his worth this year.

LMJ, Mahelona gets a little more praise on this board for being a UT player. I watched him last year, heard a lot of the hype from the announcers, and he could be pretty damn good. Early in the season people were saying he could have been a late first or early second round pick. I'd definitely call the 5th a steal, and think he could turn out well. However, I'd expect him to take a year or two before we see anything significant on the field.

bigtitan53279 said:
did i miss the firing of Schwartz?

Exactly. If I hear one more time about him being a mathematical genius I am going to puke on the field. We need somebody that is a defensive genius.

I would say it's safe to say that we are more talented this year than we have been in the rescent past. Defensively, anyway... So, I would expect to see a noticable difference in our D this year. If we don't then I hold Fisher totally resposible seeing how he's supposivley a defensive minded coach. Schwartz works for him and Fish has the final say when it comes to the D. Period...

Like I've said many times, keeping Schwartz around is going to be the demise of Fisher. I remember when we were all watching Tank his first couple of years and just glowing with how aggressive he was, and now all of a sudden Tank sucks? I believe it is a direct reflection of Schwartz and his inability to put his players in successful opportunities. Remember the crap DBs we used to have, but still managed to get by?? now we have some very promising young DBs and every game they are just hung out to dry by our genuis Schwartz. The only difference in guys like Nathan Vasher and Michael Waddell is that Waddell was hung out to dry while Lovie Smith made sure Vasher was protected and put him in opportunistic positions.

I hate Schwartz and it's no surprise we haven't seen any improvement or development from every defensive player drafted since he took over. I even believe that Schwartz has a lot to do with the underacheivement of Andre Woolfolk, there it is, I said it.

I think our D has sucked due to talent more than anything else. I'm not sure I know what crap DB's we had in the past that helped up get by. We also had and awsone Dline an good CB's at the time. Compared to starting two rooks at Corner along with slow LB's and almost no help at safety. There is no way to compare last years team.... I've heard it all and don't really care. No one will ever convince me that we could've had any more than an average D last year at best, no matter who was coaching what. Does that mean we couln't have been better. NO! We certainly could've played much better and coaching certainly had something to do with it. It is my opinion that we were playing most games with less talent on our D and less play makers than most teams. That being said, this isn't a cry for Shwartz. If there isn't improvement this year he or someone needs to go.

no matter how much talent is on D it STILL don't cost nuthin' to be aggressive and finish plays and make tackles.

A Fish rots from the DC

So if Swartz is gone, Who is our new D-coordinator?

And I highly disagree with whats-his-name's comment on us having no talent last year on Defense, We had tremendous talent: Bulluck, Haynesworth, VANDEN BOSCH!, waddell could have been a good corner but was ruined by coaching, he was very fast, Thompson just needed a little work and could have been a premier Safety. You know we had some of the most talent in the league but just couldn't harness it.

Two rookie corners, slow linebackers in a divsion where the top team passes. You make it work. Cut it any way you like it is a combination of lack of talent and poor coaching. By the way Fisher was a ST guy, not a great DB.

Spinnaker said:
So if Swartz is gone, Who is our new D-coordinator?

And I highly disagree with whats-his-name's comment on us having no talent last year on Defense, We had tremendous talent: Bulluck, Haynesworth, VANDEN BOSCH!, waddell could have been a good corner but was ruined by coaching, he was very fast, Thompson just needed a little work and could have been a premier Safety. You know we had some of the most talent in the league but just couldn't harness it.

I would say that Dave McGinness would be the next Defense Co ordinator. Atleast from the current staff.

I wouldn't be surprised if we tried to signed away someone from another team, depending on if Fisher is around or not.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back