Guest viewing is limited

Titans Talk - Home for all things Tennessee Titans

Status
Not open for further replies.
that would be a disater....imagine how ugly mcnair would look in purple and black(yuk)#9...but i know Good ol air mcnair wont leave the titans!!!!

Ewker said:
I don't think he will be here this yr. I think the Titans release him after the draft. I do not want them to redo his contract so it spreads out over 2-3 more yrs. No more dead money.
holy crap. you really think that they will cut him after the draft? Isn't that more or less throwing the season away? We'd only gain 10 million in cap room and we'd just burn a little more than that as dead money? Is that all the difference? Just a couple or one good signing more and the Titans are better off without him? Ewker, you should start a "Hang McNair" poll... I bet you 80% or more says let him play this year.

I would think about trading him to the Ravens but I would not simply cut him so he could sign there. If we got some value for him I would be all for it. I don't think we are drafting Vince Young, so I don't think Steve would be interested in mentoring Leinart or Culter. I say either let him play out this year or trade him. No two or three year deal.

isn't 40% more than the ones wanting to keep him? so 40%=Most:ha:

if they draft Young he will stay, Leinart or Cutler and he is gone

I think our defense is hoping his new team would be one we're scheduled to meet this season. I bet they've been thinking "Oh please please please just let me hit him once!" several times during practice :)

10 million is a lot of FA money to work with. Can help you get a guy like Ty Law to add to the other signings. We already have Volek as a backup if the rookie flounders some. Leinart is basically ready and Cutler could be in a short time as well. Cutting Mac is tempting.

for who though?

Weight up McNair vs. a bunch of scrubs who may not amount more to nothing but back-ups.

another thought is to way up - McNair vs Ty Law.

Cutting McNair would be our dumbest move of all time. Are you guys serious ??? You think that Leinart or Cutler (wtf) are ready to start in the NFL ??? Why, because they did well in college ??? Do I really need to give you a list of the numerous qb's that have failed despite great college success ? Or there is the citing of the stat that says a year on the bench does a rookie good... Or there is the fact that 50 percent of top qb's turn out to be total busts... There is Volek's injury history, our new team that could compete for the playoffs ONLY WITH McNair starting, and him being the face of our franchise for the last decade...

How could you possibly think that we are better off with 10 million cap dollars than having McNair on the field ?

Titans2008 said:
How could you possibly think that we are better off with 10 million cap dollars than having McNair on the field ?
Even though I started a thread that explored the possibility of going on without McNair... I'm not really in favor of cutting the guy. We would have no shot at winning. Or would we? How about Ben Roethlisberger? He won 15 regular season games as a rookie... oh, I know... he had a great team around him... well, what would 10 million in extra cap room help establish? Hey, even Peyton Manning played as a rookie. He didn't win squat but as I understand it he still had decent numbers. They just lost ALOT of games... What if we could make our defense one you could not run on again? That opens the door for a Matt Leinart or Jay Cutler to step in and light it up. We won't have to score a whole awful lot if we give up 17 or less a game...
http://www.pro-football-reference.com/teams/clt1998.htm
seems the 1998 Colts were dangerous passers... could not defend the run...
could not run on other teams...that's why they went 3-13... Doesn't look as if it was Peyton. I feel sick now.:sad2:

Steve will play here for at least 2 years...

And he will be a top nfl QB again. He is healthier, in better shape and this year he will have the weapons. He just turned 33. Trent green had 3 straight 4000 yard seasons at ages 33, 34, 35. Mcnair can still be a quality QB. We can draft a guy that might be worth a darn but we already have a guy who is worth a darn.

Stop talking about steve like he is dead!

And no way he will play for that evil bunch of turd birds! No way!

SEC bipolar....

You do understand that only one out of every 100 QBs will do what rothlisberger has done. You understand that right?

If we have steve mcnair as our QB next year we make the playoffs. If we have some rookie we don't win 8 games.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back