Guest viewing is limited

Titans Talk - Home for all things Tennessee Titans

Status
Not open for further replies.
RollTide said:
And he will be a top nfl QB again. He is healthier, in better shape and this year he will have the weapons. He just turned 33. Trent green had 3 straight 4000 yard seasons at ages 33, 34, 35. Mcnair can still be a quality QB. We can draft a guy that might be worth a darn but we already have a guy who is worth a darn.

Stop talking about steve like he is dead!

And no way he will play for that evil bunch of turd birds! No way!

The issue is if he can practise so he can get the timing with his Recievers.
that is the o-line has to pick it up.

RollTide said:
If we have steve mcnair as our QB next year we make the playoffs. If we have some rookie we don't win 8 games.
yes, I do understand that. Like you, I try to be optimistic...
you had us in the playoffs last year... remember? CONTENDER?
I'm not out for blood with McNair... I've been giving it alot of thought lately...
Which would be worse? Winning 6 or seven games with some rookie or winning 6 or seven games with McNair? I saw McNair play some bad football last year. That's not to say he didn't do some good stuff too... I'd love to see a trade.:greedy: I guess I'm just a bad fan now... but the injuries, the week to week stuff, never practicing... the last two years have really taken their toll on my patience.

Mcnair didn't play bad in 2005...

When you consider all the problems we had last year mcnair didn't play bad at all. We had poor blocking, no running game and a very young and thin WR corp and a new system.

Not only did we have 3 rookies WRs but we had injuries that significantly effected that position. Bennett missed three games, jones missed 6, young missed 3. In the end i think that will help us because roby got to play a lot more than he normally would and calico got to play more down the stretch and that might help his recovery.

All we have to do is get just a little better in a few different areas and steve could have 20 tds with 9 ints instead of 16 tds and 11 ints.

jwill....nonsense..

He couldn't have thrown one pass to mason last year. As far as passes to our young receivers?

Troupe caught 55, b jones 23, roby 21, r williams 21. Scaife caught 37 and brown caught 25 out of the backfield. Nobody in their right mind can say that mcnair fixated on just a couple players last year when 8 different players caught over 20 balls.

And mcnair was very willing to throw the ball to bennett when he first came up.

Mcnair has never been a detriment to young players. Nonsense!

RollTide said:
When you consider all the problems we had last year mcnair didn't play bad at all.

McNair did have some good games but he had bad games as well. Making bad decisions and overthrowing WRs isn't a problem related to team issues.

Hopefully, he can bounce back and become a consistent QB like he was in '03 season. But saying that McNair didn't play bad at all last year is being delusional.

I would be willing to guess all of these people wanting McNair to stay are the same ones that wanted Eddie to stay.:sad2:

out with the old in with the new:brow:

RollTide said:
He couldn't have thrown one pass to mason last year. As far as passes to our young receivers?

Troupe caught 55, b jones 23, roby 21, r williams 21. Scaife caught 37 and brown caught 25 out of the backfield. Nobody in their right mind can say that mcnair fixated on just a couple players last year when 8 different players caught over 20 balls.

And mcnair was very willing to throw the ball to bennett when he first came up.

Mcnair has never been a detriment to young players. Nonsense!

Thank you for proving my point Roll...it's much more viable that McNair checks down and throws the ball to a tight end or running back than throw to one of his recievers. his tightends and runningbacks combined(7 total) had 173 total receptions of McNairs 292 completions. His recievers however(5 WRs) had 119 receptions. Basically Kinney, Troupe and Scaife had more receptions than our entire recieving core, but our recievers had 9 Tds compared to 8 of the TEs.

McNair is a detriment to ANY reciever, young or old, who doesn't come into the league WITH him and have 5 years to burn when Mac actually practiced as Derrick Mason did.

Ewker said:
I would be willing to guess all of these people wanting McNair to stay are the same ones that wanted Eddie to stay.:sad2:

out with the old in with the new:brow:

The difference being that McNair can still play and we don't have his replacement on roster.

We don't have his permanent** replacement. I could withstand Volek starting for a year, or letting Leinart start from day one in Chow's offense, which he already knows.

theprizdfighter said:
We don't have his permanent** replacement. I could withstand Volek starting for a year, or letting Leinart start from day one in Chow's offense, which he already knows.

The Saints are picking Leinart so stop dreaming. Brees is only staying in NO for 1 year of his current contract.
Cutler or Young are our possibilities at QB.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back