Guest viewing is limited

Titans Talk - Home for all things Tennessee Titans

Status
Not open for further replies.
Looks like he has them. Mularkey (coach BS) said he was told he'd be the HC before the sham interview was done.

Steve Wilks, Ray Horton join Brian Flores's discrimination lawsuit Steve Wilks, Ray Horton join Brian Flores's racial discrimination lawsuit against the NFL | Daily Mail Online via Home | Daily Mail Online

View attachment 19559

Thank the Lorax for that one

Eh, that is hardly damning evidence. For one, it's based entirely on the statement of one person, not currently affiliated with the Titans. Unless there is physical proof the Mularkey was told that, it's a baseless accusation.

I mean I believe 100% that it probably happened the way Mularkey said it did. He was the interim coach, seemed to be respected by the players, and the NFL is a "who you know" type of business. But this "proof" isn't gonna hold up in court.

Last edited by a moderator:
Every team knows who they want to hire before any interviews are ever given. Maybe they don't always get their man, but they do have an idea of who they want. You can't police who a team wants to hire.

The only thing they could have done differently is to not tell Mularkey he had the job...but why would you hide the fact that you want to hire someone and risk not being able to hire them?

Every team knows who they want to hire and I'm sure a large portion of the time the one being hired knows before all the interviews are done. You gotta lock in the coach you want at some point or they may be with a different team.

Well if you already didnt have reasons to dislike Mularkey, you do now. What a piece of mularkey.
For real. I mean since he feels so bad I don’t know why he hasn’t given back his salary yet. Real easy to speak nice after the money is spent.

Of course it was a sham.

When you force people to interview people they aren't interested in, what else are they going to do? Get fined or have a sham interview?

We hired someone who at the time amy/jon thought had a great interview.

They went through giving ALL the interviews due to labor laws before offering.

We do that at my work all the time for maintenance and operator bids.

It has nothing to do with race. It is a business model at the end of the day. And companies have every right to be impressed by one particular interview.

As far as I see it, the teams are required to perform the minority interviews. There is nothing expanding on that as far as a requirement. Titans met the requirement.

Now this becomes the exact same scenario as before the rule introduction and a potential candidate feeling they didn’t get an interview due to race which is an EO issue. It was difficult to prove before the mandatory interview process, the requirement to force interviews actually hurts that EO case because they did in fact get an interview and the team met all requirements.

We hired someone who at the time amy/jon thought had a great interview.

They went through giving ALL the interviews due to labor laws before offering.

We do that at my work all the time for maintenance and operator bids.

It has nothing to do with race. It is a business model at the end of the day. And companies have every right to be impressed by one particular interview.
Exactly. Having started a major culture change I am sure they felt that he deserved his shot. That’s the problem with things like the Rooney Rule, trying to create a forced choice is never going to work. In spirit I think everyone agrees something needs to level the playing field, but practically it is a doomed proposition.

. Even if he's being honest about AAS and JRob saying the job was his, they still interviewed other candidates. Sham or not, they still had a chance to impress and change their minds.

The Lorax (Steve Underwood) made the hire, not AAS and JROB. JROB was hired around the same time and AAS was still deferring to Underwood on how the team was being run.

Underwood wanted Mularkey to replace Jeff Fisher but Budd Adams elevated Mike Munchak instead. Underwood retired shortly after that.

When Tommy Smith stepped down Underwood returned to the Titans to help AAS clean up the mess Tommy left. Underwood was in charge of the coaching search and he hired the guy he wanted all along, Mike Mularkey.

h/t to @GoT on The Lorax

Last edited by a moderator:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back