Guest viewing is limited

Titans Talk - Home for all things Tennessee Titans

Status
Not open for further replies.
would it be bad to have 2 Derrick Henry's???? Always have one fresh to pound the defense....not wear the tires off of our franchise RB, but instead extend his career.

If that sounds good then we need to draft AJ Dillon....it really is amazing how similar they are. Here are the combine numbers for each

Henry Dillion
Weight 247 247
40yd 4.54 4.53
225 bench press 22 23
vertical 37in 41
Broad Jump 130in 131
3 cone 7.20 7.19

receptions in college 17 21

I don't think it would be a bad idea to have a Thunder and Thunder ground attack and then also find that change of pace type of guy.

Most mock drafts have him going in the 3rd rnd or later

I just watched some highlights and I love this idea. He does look a lot like Henry. I think it would be a great idea to bring him in to spell Henry, be insurance in case of an injury, and possibly be the replacement when Henry leaves.

I also noticed that one of the lineman opening holes for him was Mike vrables son, so vrable should know everything there is to know about the guy.

Dont agree with this list and its criminal that Georgia isnt on it, but I thought I'd share it since weve been having so much Wisco RB debate.

View attachment 17378

I'd go:
1. Bama
2. Oklahoma
3. Miami
4. Georgia
5. LSU
6. Texas
7. Wisconsin

Dont agree with this list and its criminal that Georgia isnt on it, but I thought I'd share it since weve been having so much Wisco RB debate.

View attachment 17378

I'd go:
1. Bama
2. Oklahoma
3. Miami
4. Georgia
5. LSU
6. Texas
7. Wisconsin
I don’t understand the list.
Is it based on their college performance (note Wisconsin), or how they did in the NFL (no way Wisconsin is 2)
It must also be “since 2000” or something,

View attachment 17378

I'd go:
1. Bama
2. Oklahoma
3. Miami
4. Georgia
5. LSU
6. Texas
7. Wisconsin

UGA absolutely should be on the list. And it's a joke that LSU and Oregon are on the list at all.

And I mean, if we're going back to the late 90's, like the ESPN list did with Miami, you gotta have the Vols on there: Jamal Lewis, Travis Henry, Travis Stephens, Arian Foster, Alvin Kamara.

Thanks to this virus thing I've had a few extra hours to fill each day with

I watched some of Jason Huntley out of New Mexico State... he is small at 5'9"188 but his highlights are fun to watch....another guy not invited to the combine

He had 154 rushes for 1090yds which is 7.1 ypc and 9 TDs...he has around 40 receptions for 3 straight yrs....he has also returned 5 KOs for TDs in his college career

At his pro day he ran a 4.4 40 yd

Vrable in his zoom conference today said they want a RB who can be a 3 down RB, can protect and can return kicks...they have identified a few at several different spots in the draft is what Vrable said

2nd rnd Clyde Edwards--Helaire fits the bill...we know what he did as a RB and he also has 40 KOR under his belt for a 21.9 avg

3rd rnd Darrynton Evans seems to fit that bill the best...he has 56 returns under his belt with an avg of 25.7 He was a 3 down back for App St with 255 rushing attempts for 5.8 avg and 18 TDs. He caught 21 balls for 5 TDs

???Antonio Gibson...i don't think he fits because he certainly hasn't shown he is a 3 down RB... he only has 33 carries in his whole college career.

Late rnd guys...Javon Leake from Maryland had 30 KOR with an avg of 26.8yds...but he isn't an experienced 3 down RB

None RBs that we have looked at that have return experience are Jalen Reagor who was 2nd in the nation in punt return yards last yr and we also have looked at Isaiah Rodgers who led the country in combined return yards last yr...so he brings value in both those areas

Personally I think we bring in a vet with pass protection experience...I wouldn't want to leave our franchise QBs health up to a rookie to start the season.

Vrable in his zoom conference today said they want a RB who can be a 3 down RB, can protect and can return kicks...they have identified a few at several different spots in the draft is what Vrable said

2nd rnd Clyde Edwards--Helaire fits the bill...we know what he did as a RB and he also has 40 KOR under his belt for a 21.9 avg

3rd rnd Darrynton Evans seems to fit that bill the best...he has 56 returns under his belt with an avg of 25.7 He was a 3 down back for App St with 255 rushing attempts for 5.8 avg and 18 TDs. He caught 21 balls for 5 TDs

???Antonio Gibson...i don't think he fits because he certainly hasn't shown he is a 3 down RB... he only has 33 carries in his whole college career.

Late rnd guys...Javon Leake from Maryland had 30 KOR with an avg of 26.8yds...but he isn't an experienced 3 down RB

None RBs that we have looked at that have return experience are Jalen Reagor who was 2nd in the nation in punt return yards last yr and we also have looked at Isaiah Rodgers who led the country in combined return yards last yr...so he brings value in both those areas

Personally I think we bring in a vet with pass protection experience...I wouldn't want to leave our franchise QBs health up to a rookie to start the season.
Bring on Reagor in the 2nd and Evans in the 5th. I'd love it!
Wouldve said Gibson in the 4th...

I would ABSOLUTELY invest a 2nd in Clyde Edwards-Helaire if he can be had. Explosive and versatile playmakers like him don't come around often.

Darrynton Evans has had virtual or private visits with 25 of the 32 teams.....not sure whether he has any skeletons in his closet that teams were wanting to clarify or whether it is just purely interest in his quality of play, but with that much interest I could see him maybe not lasting to our late 3rd pick

Jonathan Taylor. Most overlooked player I've seen in recent years. He'd be a perennial all pro on a team which runs as much as we do.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back