Guest viewing is limited

Titans Talk - Home for all things Tennessee Titans

Status
Not open for further replies.
Taylor's athletic measurables are nearly identical to saquans.

Zeke's final year at Ohio st:
27 receptions, 206 yards
Jonathan Taylor last year:
26 receptions, 252 yards

And I'm not sure where you get that he lacks in pass protection.
Jonathan Taylor Is A Production Machine (2020 NFL Draft)

Measurables play out differently on the field. They look a lot different when Saquon is on the field and Taylor is on the field. That is why their draft positions are so different.

Do you really think all the talent evaluators in the NFL are just totally missing on this?

Measurables play out differently on the field. They look a lot different when Saquon is on the field and Taylor is on the field. That is why their draft positions are so different.

Do you really think all the talent evaluators in the NFL are just totally missing on this?
No, I think saquan & zeke were over drafted and many GMs are starting to come around to understanding the relative value of RBs.

The Giants shouldve drafted Sam Darnold over Saquan and the Cowboys shouldve drafted Jalen Ramsey over Zeke.

I'm not saying Taylor should be a top 5 pick, bc I dont think any RB should.

Also, none of the teams at the top of the draft really need an RB. Or at least they have much bigger needs.

1. Bengals - mixon
2. Redskins - guice
3. Lions - kerryon
4. Giants - saquan
5. Dolphins - no RB, but need a QB
6. Chargers - ekeler, need a QB
7. Panthers - cmc
8. Cardinals - DJ / kingsbury values passing
9. Jags - fournette
10. Browns - chubb
11. Jets - leveon
12. Raiders - jacobs
13. Colts - mack (earliest possible RB pick)
14. Bucs - I can see Taylor going here
15. Broncos - possible
16. Falcons - possible
17. Cowboys - zeke
18. Dolphins - possible

I'll guess he goes between 13-18.

Last edited by a moderator:
No, I think saquan & zeke were over drafted and many GMs are starting to come around to understanding the relative value of RBs.

The Giants shouldve drafted Sam Darnold over Saquan and the Cowboys shouldve drafted Jalen Ramsey over Zeke.

I'm not saying Taylor should be a top 5 pick, bc I dont think any RB should.

Also, none of the teams at the top of the draft really need an RB. Or at least they have much bigger needs.

1. Bengals - mixon
2. Redskins - guice
3. Lions - kerryon
4. Giants - saquan
5. Dolphins - no RB, but need a QB
6. Chargers - ekeler, need a QB
7. Panthers - cmc
8. Cardinals - DJ / kingsbury values passing
9. Jags - fournette
10. Browns - chubb
11. Jets - leveon
12. Raiders - jacobs
13. Colts - mack (earliest possible RB pick)
14. Bucs - I can see Taylor going here
15. Broncos - possible
16. Falcons - possible
17. Cowboys - zeke
18. Dolphins - possible

I'll guess he goes between 13-18.

So that change has taken place since 2018? I doubt that is the case. Maybe, but none is talking like that. No one is saying what you are saying, that JT is a saquon talent but RB values have changed in the last 2 years. At least I am not hearing it. Any takes like this that you can post?

So that change has taken place since 2018? I doubt that is the case. Maybe, but none is talking like that. No one is saying what you are saying, that JT is a saquon talent but RB values have changed in the last 2 years. At least I am not hearing it. Any takes like this that you can post?
I think it's been slowly happening. And I said most GMs. I think Gettleman might be the worst GM in the league.

I think it's been slowly happening. And I said most GMs. I think Gettleman might be the worst GM in the league.

Still, your explanation does not account for the way he is being evaluated by NFL talking heads. Time will tell if he is saquon...but I doubt it.

Still, your explanation does not account for the way he is being evaluated by NFL talking heads. Time will tell if he is saquon...but I doubt it.

"In speaking to nine team sources, six of them said Taylor was a first-round talent while three said they had a second-round grade on Taylor. A couple of teams said they had Taylor as the top back for the 2020 NFL Draft. One said they thought Taylor could go in first half of Round 1, and another said he could be a top-20 pick. Most thought Taylor would go in the first round, but he could slide because teams decide to address another position without as much depth as they feel they can still land a good running back on Day 2 of the 2020 NFL Draft.

"[Taylor's] a first-round talent," said an NFC director of college scouting, "If the runners slide like the offensive tackles and wide receivers slightly did last year, then he'll go top of [Round 2]."

Regardless of where he's drafted, Taylor should be a three-down starter quickly and could be one of the top running backs in the NFL and potentially make some Pro Bowls."

2020 NFL Draft Scouting Report: Jonathan Taylor

1) Saquan has this special dynamic big play ability that I think is generational.
2) People thought he was a reach, in spite of point #1.
3) He hasn't made much of an impact since being picked. It looks like a bad pick.

The Zeke pick makes more sense given the Cowboys were a fairly complete team. RB that high is certainly a luxury pick. Myself and many others thought he wouldn't go nearly that high. People thought he'd go where you were saying Taylor should go.

I would hardly describe James White's career as "great." He hasn't been bad, but he hasn't been more than a complimentary RB so far.

Melvin Gordon has had a decent career as a RB1. Not really 1st round worthy though.

But overall, I find using past players from the same school as some sort of measuring stick to be pretty futile. The Vols produced the 2nd best QB in the history of the sport, and haven't produced a starting NFL QB since (well, unless you include Nathan Peterman, lol)

JK Dobbins junior season was actually more impressive than Zeke's junior season, but you don't see anyone claiming he's equal to Zeke.
Usually I don't find school comparisons particularly valid. But in this case. Wisconsin is known as a school that churns out top level Olinemen like clockwork. That can make backs look better than they are.

Listening to a lot of podcasts while quarantined. Kiper and McShay really have Taylor as a boom or bust guy. They cite fumbles, drops, bad pass protection, useage.

So I think a lot of people gonna see him as a viable Henry replacement, but not a viable Henry compliment.

Melvin Gordon just got dumped and James White has 1100 something rush yards in 6 YEARS!
Who cares how many rush yards he has?
He has almost 4k total yards and 32 TDs in the past 5 years in a crowded backfield.
It's not 1980. RBs do a lot more than rush the ball.

Also, Melvin Gordon has over 5k yards and 47 TDs in the past 4 years and only got "dumped" bc he stupidly held out for a huge payday, which the NFL is clearly showing will not happen for RBs anymore.

would it be bad to have 2 Derrick Henry's???? Always have one fresh to pound the defense....not wear the tires off of our franchise RB, but instead extend his career.

If that sounds good then we need to draft AJ Dillon....it really is amazing how similar they are. Here are the combine numbers for each

Henry Dillion
Weight 247 247
40yd 4.54 4.53
225 bench press 22 23
vertical 37in 41
Broad Jump 130in 131
3 cone 7.20 7.19

receptions in college 17 21

I don't think it would be a bad idea to have a Thunder and Thunder ground attack and then also find that change of pace type of guy.

Most mock drafts have him going in the 3rd rnd or later

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back