Guest viewing is limited

Titans Talk - Home for all things Tennessee Titans

Status
Not open for further replies.
Did you see how awful the run approach looked with Dion getting bulk of carries...

That's what you'd get with any of those scat backs listed...

Henry burns through arm tackles big time, whereas your new age tradition "receiving" rbs tend get suction cupped into a defensive lineman.... Many snaps I thought the saints DL were going to snap Dion's neck from a suplex....

Pay Henry, and you're essentially paying the dough for the YAC

If you want to draft a 2nd, 3rd round rb, that's still fine. We need to move on from Dion anyway.. It's the very thing we did after we traded for DeMarco... drafted an insurance policy in RD 2

Jonathan Taylor, Dobbins, Harris...none are scat backs.

Im holding off on scouting RBs til after we cut Dion.

I watched the RBs last year and fell in love with a few, and we stuck with Dion. :gaah:

Regardless of whether or not we resign Henry, we still have to upgrade RB2. That's been a huge weakness for us. I would love to add a speed element to our offense and a change of pace from Henry's physical style of play. Beat them down with Henry, and them when they're tired, hit them with the speed.

I wouldn't want to spend a 1st rounder on a RB, but I believe Todd McShay had us taking D'Andre Swift from Georgia in his latest mock draft. Swift is a great player, would love to have him here, but by spending our 1st rounder on him.

Regardless of whether or not we resign Henry, we still have to upgrade RB2. That's been a huge weakness for us. I would love to add a speed element to our offense and a change of pace from Henry's physical style of play. Beat them down with Henry, and them when they're tired, hit them with the speed.

I wouldn't want to spend a 1st rounder on a RB, but I believe Todd McShay had us taking D'Andre Swift from Georgia in his latest mock draft. Swift is a great player, would love to have him here, but by spending our 1st rounder on him.
That would give me flashbacks to 2008 when we added :cj: after already having a pretty good run game with Lendale and VY..

1st needs to be someone who can get to the QB if anyone is available when we pick. Main concern though is just don’t reach for a position just because it’s a need.

We should've went after Kenyon Drake.. His style would've fit nicely in Nashville.

Last edited by a moderator:
1 st round pick has to be pass rusher OLB/DE either LSU Chaseson or Notre Dame Okwara maybe Alabama Lewis, 2nd round Travis Etiene Clemson RB wouldn't be bad pick or Benjamin Eno ASU in the 3d round.

I hate the thought of paying Henry 12+ mil a year, or any rb that kind of money. But we kinda have to, he is the face of this franchise right now. We can't just let him leave.

And looking at the bright side of it, he's still just 25 years old, so we should have him for 3-4 prime years before he hits the decline. So while it sucks using that much cap on a rb, it makes the most since for the Titans.
What about 15-16M? 12M would be him giving us a discount.

1st needs to be someone who can get to the QB if anyone is available when we pick. Main concern though is just don’t reach for a position just because it’s a need.

Honestly, we should trade up for a pass rusher. That is clearly the major hole in the roster.

Two big gets:

1. Pass Rusher - improve nearly EVERYTHING on defense.

2. RB 2 - Henry needs assistance, he can't do it all by himself. We invest in the position, Henry and his backup. No need to run him into the ground.

Been checking out highlights of AJ Dillon from BC. Seems like a good fit to backup Henry and we can probably get him in the 3rd or even 4th.

Im holding off on scouting RBs til after we cut Dion.

I watched the RBs last year and fell in love with a few, and we stuck with Dion. :gaah:

I will egg St Thomas Sports Park every day of the Summer if we dont

I can't see how we wouldn't. We're gonna need wiggle room in Free Agency, and Tannehill and Derricks contracts are gonna eat alot of discretion dollars.

Probably Him, Delanie, and Malcolm. (although I don't know the figures on his)

What about a cheap FA like Smallwood or Thompson from Wash
Procise from sea
Deandre Washington from Oak
Bills Powell from NYJ
Abdullah from minn
Theo riddick from Denver

Pretty sure all these guys (maybe not Powell) would be pretty cheap and have shown some good flashes and hands. With our OL, no real reason to think they can’t pick up the split time (much, much lesser than 50/50) from Henry. Maybe like 80/20.

Something to be considered for the draft capital. Pass rusher FA will be pretty short list so it makes sense we have to draft. A RB #2 should be inexpensive overall and allow the draft to be spent on Edge/OLB, K, CB, or OL which may not be as available via FA.

What about a cheap FA like Smallwood or Thompson from Wash
Procise from sea
Deandre Washington from Oak
Bills Powell from NYJ
Abdullah from minn
Theo riddick from Denver

Pretty sure all these guys (maybe not Powell) would be pretty cheap and have shown some good flashes and hands. With our OL, no real reason to think they can’t pick up the split time (much, much lesser than 50/50) from Henry. Maybe like 80/20.

Something to be considered for the draft capital. Pass rusher FA will be pretty short list so it makes sense we have to draft. A RB #2 should be inexpensive overall and allow the draft to be spent on Edge/OLB, K, CB, or OL which may not be as available via FA.
Wouldnt mind Chris Thompson or Ty Montgomery.

I wonder how expensive Jordan Howard or Isaiah Crowell would be at this point.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back