Guest viewing is limited

Titans Talk - Home for all things Tennessee Titans

Status
Not open for further replies.
Somebody clarify the scenario. What’s the logic here. If we win a 8-9 tiebreaker with jags, why wouldn’t we be trying to win tonight? We’re going to look stupid if the Texans beat the jags Sunday.

Somebody clarify the scenario. What’s the logic here. If we win a 8-9 tiebreaker with jags, why wouldn’t we be trying to win tonight? We’re going to look stupid if the Texans beat the jags Sunday.

Brother we've looked stupid out there for a long time now lol

Under your scenario, if the Jaguars won to get to 8-9 against the Titans, they would win tiebreaker over the 8-9 Titans due to sweeping the season series. Even if Titans lose and Jags win this week, if the Titans beat Jags in week 18, the Titans win tiebreaker due to better division record (4-2 vs. 3-3).

All a win this week does is allow titans to win division in the event of a tie in week 18

The 8-9 tiebreaker over the Jags only works if the titans win week 18 against them.

beating Dallas but losing to Jax and Jax losing to Houston but winning week 18 would change the 8-9 tiebreaker to Jax favor.

Damn man the most exciting thing about the end of the dumpster fire of a season was seeing if big derrick dub deisel could be leading rusher for 3/4 years. Now we probably won't even get that and the raiders are imploding.

Damn man the most exciting thing about the end of the dumpster fire of a season was seeing if big derrick dub deisel could be leading rusher for 3/4 years. Now we probably won't even get that and the raiders are imploding.
I read Jacobs is pretty pissed in LV. Henry is 110 back. If he doesn’t play at all, even if Jacobs doesn’t play, that’s a tough hill to cover in Jax. He can do it, but I think he needs 2 no-go from Jacobs.

Love Doug Peterson comments about resting players. " There are never never never meaningless games in the nfl. You play to win every game. The only way you rest players is if they are hurt and cannot go. I will say this resting our players in the pre-season has not worked and why we get off, to bad starts last couple season. But hey lets keep doing things that have not worked and quit doing the things that do!

Shocker! Bud Dupree has been a multi million dollar free agent bust yet again by J-Rob. Amy got to love signing those checks and he stays out!

Probably the end of the line for Dupree and Cunningham in TN, period.

Tannehill is likely to be the best option available at QB still though.
I think so on all 3.

not so secretly, but I like THill as QB. I was pissed about the playoff game but I think he’s better than that. Hope he can stay for a cheaper cap hit.

I think so on all 3.

not so secretly, but I like THill as QB. I was pissed about the playoff game but I think he’s better than that. Hope he can stay for a cheaper cap hit.

I wasn't thrilled with acquiring Tannehill...but he proved to be a good fit in TN when the roster was decent. Could certainly do much worse at QB. Even the great/elite QBs have had bad playoff games. There's a reason there's not many outside of Brady that go to Superbowls year after year.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back