Guest viewing is limited

Titans Talk - Home for all things Tennessee Titans

Status
Not open for further replies.
Just saw this.
RIP Frank.
Great TE and a huge part of the greatest era in franchise history.
He was only 52.
I believe he openly talked openly about the amount of concussions he received playing ball and I imagine there will be talk about CTE.

https://www.si.com/nfl/2023/12/10/former-titans-te-frank-wycheck-hero-of-music-city-miracle-play-dead-at-52#:~:text=Former Titans and Washington tight,morning,” the statement read.

He talked a lot over the years about how bad he struggled with symptoms from concussions. It’s why he stepped away from radio.

The reports are stating he fell and hit his head and was unresponsive afterwards.
Seems a little strange but I’m sure more details will be coming out.

It is with great sadness that the family of Frank Wycheck has confirmed his death.

Born Frank John Wycheck on October 14, 1971, he passed away in his home on Saturday, December 9, 2023 at the age of 52.

Frank Wycheck spent 11 seasons in the NFL

(1993 - 2003), primarily with the Tennessee Titans.

At this time, it appears Wycheck fell inside his Chattanooga, TN home and hit his head on

Saturday morning.

He was found unresponsive

that afternoon.

Wycheck moved to Chattanooga, TN this past summer to be closer to his family. He leaves behind two adult daughters, Deanna and Madison, both married, and three grandchildren - Leo, Stevie and August.

The family, per his wishes, plans to work with experts for on-going brain injury (TBI) and CTE research. Funeral services have not yet been made at this time.

The Wycheck family appreciates the love and support they've received, but asks the public to please respect their privacy during this difficult time.

Not surprised that was unable to survive a head injury. His brain had been damaged pretty badly already. Sure wish this hadn't happened. Hope his family can find strength and peace through this. Titans legend!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back