Guest viewing is limited

Titans Talk - Home for all things Tennessee Titans

Status
Not open for further replies.
Very sad to hear this...he was a true warrier IMO, but another victim to CTE. Just read that his family plans to allow him to be reviewed for CTE.

RIP Frank!

Wycheck was that safety blanket for McNair like Ben Coates was for Drew Bledsoe.. You just knew you could rely on him on 3rd down. We were in great hands with Wycheck as our TE.

May he RIP and reunite with McNair.

Wycheck was that safety blanket for McNair like Ben Coates was for Drew Bledsoe.. You just knew you could rely on him on 3rd down. We were in great hands with Wycheck as our TE.

May he RIP and reunite with McNair.
Not really related but NE has a great history of TE.
Marv cook was before Coates but they played together for 1-2 years.
Passing was different then but that is legit comparable to Gronk/heranandez in the sense that those were 2 of the leagues top TE in 92-94 timeframe.

Not surprised that was unable to survive a head injury. His brain had been damaged pretty badly already. Sure wish this hadn't happened. Hope his family can find strength and peace through this. Titans legend!

Do we know that had anything to do with his death? It was reported as an accident.

This is terrible news. 52 is way too young. I'm taking this as an accident until we know more to think it had anything to do with CTE. A young person can have an accident. It is unusual though.

I was listening to the zone a lot back when he was doing the show and did not notice any issues with him remembering things.

This is terrible news. 52 is way too young. I'm taking this as an accident until we know more to think it had anything to do with CTE. A young person can have an accident. It is unusual though.

I was listening to the zone a lot back when he was doing the show and did not notice any issues with him remembering things.
I haven’t seen any stories that CTE caused death. It seems like a contributing factor in head injuries that cause death (considered possibility here) and of course in the suicidal deaths like Seau or even Chris Benoit.

Ben Troupe was the best!

Maybe the best talent, but nowhere on the same planet as what Wycheck did IMO. Wycheck was definitely not the best talent at TE that we have had, but IMO was the most impactful TE that this team has had since moving to Nashville.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back