Guest viewing is limited

Titans Talk - Home for all things Tennessee Titans

Status
Not open for further replies.
Ewker said:
Cramps -1 (the never heard of band)

Oh boy, are you in for a treat :suspect:

<object width="425" height="350"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/iCQ4QLFl01g"></param><param name="wmode" value="transparent"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/iCQ4QLFl01g" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" wmode="transparent" width="425" height="350"></embed></object>

Look! No Bass! When you're this good, you don't need a safety net!

Cheap Trick: A mercy killing
Floyd +1 Running out of electable candidates

Black Crowes (3)
Bowie (17)
Cramps (14)
Foo Fighters (8)
Led Zeppelin (7)
New York Dolls (7)
Pink Floyd (11)
Queen (10)
Queens Of The Stone Age (9)
Rolling Stones (2)
Thin Lizzy (9)

avvie said:

Yeah The Cramps had no Bass player for 5 minutes back in 198?..
That vid doesn't represent them collectively by any means...

ROCK BAND ELINIMATION FINALS:
Round 1 will feature...

Paul Weller vs AC/DC

The Ramones vs The Who

Stone Temple Pilots vs Jimi Hendrix

The Clash vs The Police​

Creeping-Cruds said:
It's a phrase - similar to "It's over except for the shouting"
"Crying" as in the bands that lost... nuthing to do with you

my b, im in a defensive state, my mom just scared the crap outa me. dont hold it against me.

avvie said:
Oh boy, are you in for a treat :suspect:

<object width="425" height="350"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/iCQ4QLFl01g"></param><param name="wmode" value="transparent"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/iCQ4QLFl01g" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" wmode="transparent" width="425" height="350"></embed></object>

that was bad ...... as in not very good

Creeping-Cruds said:
The only thing that's bogus is complaining about the list - especially since every band started out with the same amount of votes. The Beatles and Metallica both were voted out. The Cramps are hardly obscure - they've been around since 1976, put out no less than 15 records and sell out just about every venue they play.. There is great music beyond the tired inner circle of radio and MTV..

Cramps aren't obscure?? They certainly aren't popular... Specially when your talking about great bands... And as for the radio and MTV, I hate them both and I always have... Don't remember mentioning that I lliked either one of them. When I started following Metallica they weren't on radio or Mtv so I don't even see your point.

avvie said:
Metallica: sought to destroy Napster, sided with The Man. That's not rock and roll. That, and kirk Hammett only knows one riff.

Sorry they screwed up Napster so people like you couldn't keep stealing music. As for your "one riff" comment... That's just ignorant. Do you play guitar? For Heavy Metal, he was pretty good in the 80's. I'm sure you were a Poison fan, or Warrant.... Yippy!

Puck said:
I think avvie meant to say Kirk only knows one "scale" that would be true
Either way... I'm not saying he was great but as a band Metallica was one of the best. I'm really not into their newer stuff... Really, I was a big fan during the first four Albums... After that I kind of fell off. Even then Metallica was doing more than most other bands like incorporating guitar harmonies and I thought their songs were more dynamic. Compared to other groups during that time... And seirously, Kirk Hammet knows more than on "scale."

rcarie said:
Cramps aren't obscure?? They certainly aren't popular... Specially when your talking about great bands... And as for the radio and MTV, I hate them both and I always have... Don't remember mentioning that I lliked either one of them. When I started following Metallica they weren't on radio or Mtv so I don't even see your point.

I'm sorry but The Cramps are hardly obscure, and how would you know what their popularity status is if you have never heard of them? Who said anything about great bands? This contest was purely about voting for favorite bands and no other specified criteria.. And most folks who followed Metallica before they got airplay don't talk about them much anymore since they have resided on suck alley for the past decade and a half...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back